/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Side Note: Hey Dreggon, did you like/love Legacy League? I finally saw the mythical Albino Rhoa and killed same for the feather (I almost was sad that I did that to such a rare creature), got a 6L chest to drop in the wild off of a rogue leaguestone that said it would drop a corrupted item, and the talking Jack The Axe weapon. Great league for me so I caved and got the supporter pack. You should have too but that's gone now.

Yeah, I did! Leaguestones were a really good mechanic that let me try out strange combinations of things, and I got to play Breach again. I also got to try out Beyond outside of maps, which gets very chaotic if you choose the right area. It was nice to be able to pick stuff I needed - if I was short on upgrades I could do an Essence leaguestone to upgrade a piece of gear, or Anarchy and see what the exile dropped. I played grandpa totems and used a Tabula Rasa and got well over 100k DPS per totem at only level 71.

I usually stop around that level because grinding maps isn't interesting to me, but I'm looking forward to finishing act 10 when it's out because that will all be new content. I'm hoping to stumble on a build that's as good as grandpa totems because it was fun demolishing bosses that had previously given me some degree of trouble. Killing Vaal Oversoul before it can phase is a great feeling.

I don't buy supporter packs, except the kiwi one because I really really wanted a kiwi. I tried upgrading it to the bronze pack but that was after closed beta so I wasn't allowed.

I'm not going to play the beta this time around because I want to see everything once it's done.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Jun 16, 2017, 11:00:45 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912118

all armour sets are currently on sale...

Holy Shit! All 23 armour sets on sale through Monday. GGG is making me work harder to keep the wiki and spreadsheet up to date but these are great sales.

Side Note: Hey Dreggon, did you like/love Legacy League? I finally saw the mythical Albino Rhoa and killed same for the feather (I almost was sad that I did that to such a rare creature), got a 6L chest to drop in the wild off of a rogue leaguestone that said it would drop a corrupted item, and the talking Jack The Axe weapon. Great league for me so I caved and got the supporter pack. You should have too but that's gone now.

No, it's not. Go to "Buy Packs" page and scroll down to the bottom. Legacy League doesn't end until July 11, so the packs will still be around for a while. And, yeah, they have some great stuff! I bought multiples of a couple of them. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Is a new wave of mtx's coming soon? These batch sales are pretty frequent....
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I think they're simply capitalizing on the interest being shown towards the game. They're also finally being smart and having a massive "summer sale".
"
Is a new wave of mtx's coming soon? These batch sales are pretty frequent....

As new MTXs are added to the supply, it becomes less and less practical to rely solely on individual item specials, so themed sales are one way to satisfy more customers on a given day. I'm sure we'll still see individual items on sale, but also more batch sales, as well. It's a good thing. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
No, it's not. Go to "Buy Packs" page and scroll down to the bottom. Legacy League doesn't end until July 11, so the packs will still be around for a while. And, yeah, they have some great stuff! I bought multiples of a couple of them. =^[.]^=

Good to know, my bad for not scrolling all the way to the bottom.

If more and more GGG is doing multiple item themed sales then it's good for all except me (I have more work to keep the Daily Deals updated... 23 armour sets). Oh well, at least it's a 4 day sale so done once I can just say "same as 6-16" for other 3 days.  :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Elite Armour Pack worth it?
"
RAW5TEEL wrote:
Elite Armour Pack worth it?

If you like the way it looks, yes

after this it won't be on sale again for a while though
IRON MAN
Just grabbed the demon king armor hope it looks as cool as in the preview
I dont see any any key!
"