/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

Seraph Armour Pack 42% off - 230 points.
IRON MAN
"
ionface wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Just wait until Black Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It should be the 3 days after Thanksgiving.

The problem is, last Black Friday was when I bought the ~20 remaining MTXs I didn't have. I'll just be getting the newly made stuff when it's on sale next time. I could have saved thousands of points if I had waited for more of a discount, I just figured GGG would never cut the value of these things so drastically (again).

I hope GGG makes the 50% off everything an annual "Black" event after our US Thanksgiving but only time will tell. As I previously stated I will need to see how PoE 2.0 plays and I'll be LeapSlamming all over the mobs to test how minimized (or not) desync is. If not much better then I'll definitely be waiting for the 50% sale to buy anything. If GGG can seriously minimize desync then my support will be much greater. Other key features of 2.0 that will make or break for me on whether I buy anything is:

1. How fundamentally changed the core game play is meaning will any of my higher level builds
    be playable after I respec them. Did GGG nerf too much and ruin my builds?
2. Is there any change to endgame maps in terms of generating XP? Will the daily grind for my
    level 87 Scion to the next level be getting exponentially longer in time. I doubt any changes here.
3. If my #1 is true how much starting over as a newbie (in terms of build knowledge) will be
    required to create good/great builds. I'm all for learning as I play (keeping many things secret for
    me to discover) but GGG has been damn stingy on PoE game play documentation.
4. Will PoE 2.0 boil down to the same unique gear hunt as we have now (and always). Can we ever
    have rare gear that is endgame viable? Not to mention that magic gear is equally white trash in
    the endgame. Right now for me it's make due with the best rare I can find until a better unique
    drops (I play solo self-found only). I think nothing changes here.
5. Will crafting for 5L/6L, socket colors, currency sinking... cough, cough... "crafting" still be a mess?
    Meaning that PoE 2.0 won't have a proper crafting system (same as now). I think no change.
6. Did GGG ruin zone complexity by their "streamlining" overhaul to rebalance for 4 acts x 3
    playthroughs to get to maps at level 68? Having large multi-path zones is one of the
    great features of PoE. If GGG makes too many Ledge type zones (linear) then that ruins
    zone exploration and fun.

These and many other QoP (quality of play) enhancements are what I'll be looking at when PoE 2.0 is pushed out (current estimated release is early July) to decide how much I'll financially support GGG more.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 6, 2015, 10:49:53 AM
First time buying armor effects for me. I think they're fairly expensive. But this game deserves the support imo.
Got the Awakening support pack and lucky me the seraph armor is still on discount.

I would love me some Demon Horns, but 250 points! .. that'll have to wait.
That armor pack is very tempting, I'm trying to hold off for the new armor packs. I have a feeling they are going to be epic.
Vampiric Armour Pack 41% off - 210 points.

They seem to do armour packs in batches - like the stash tabs every two weeks, but with cosmetics. I wonder if the Awakening supporter packs are selling well? Personally I'd like to see a few smaller price points - the original CB let you buy beta access and a supporter title for $10, or the one I got which was the $25 one that gave you a kiwi.

They wouldn't let me upgrade to a $50 pack after closed beta ended though :( I wanted to upgrade to the bronze kiwi, which I thought looked nicer. Oh well!
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Vampiric Armour Pack 41% off - 210 points.

They seem to do armour packs in batches - like the stash tabs every two weeks, but with cosmetics. I wonder if the Awakening supporter packs are selling well? Personally I'd like to see a few smaller price points - the original CB let you buy beta access and a supporter title for $10, or the one I got which was the $25 one that gave you a kiwi.

They wouldn't let me upgrade to a $50 pack after closed beta ended though :( I wanted to upgrade to the bronze kiwi, which I thought looked nicer. Oh well!

Well, the "official" word has been that they are selling very well - and I am seeing quite a few Awakening-related Supporter tags on the forum. I reckon there will be a sales bump when the release date approaches.

I wish I had gone a tier higher with my "Survivor" pack, but I wasn't playing a lot at the time. Oh well; when I buy another pack in a few days I'll have supported at all five opportunities - just trying to make up my mind which one I want.

Vampiric is a nice armour set; looks great on a Scion - except for the helm, of course. :-)
Really wish they had added some "Vampiric" element to it - like the blue swirling globes on the Arcane Armour...fluttering bats, maybe? - but still a nice look.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Steam-powered Armour Pack 50% off - 210 points.

what on earth could be next
IRON MAN
April 18th

"
Dreggon wrote:
Steam-powered Armour Pack 40% off - 250 points.

Surprised it is on sale again so soon.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:
April 18th

"
Dreggon wrote:
Steam-powered Armour Pack 40% off - 250 points.

Surprised it is on sale again so soon.

Sometimes you get the same deal multiple times in a single week
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Steam-powered Armour Pack 50% off - 210 points.

what on earth could be next

I bought the armour only a week ago only to now find the whole armour set cheaper than that. I reasoned at the time that even if it ever comes on sale it's going to be a single part of the set rather than the whole and probably take some time for all the parts to come out. I was wrong apparently.

On another note I've been idly curious about why this thread had /popcorn in the title. Now I know. Damn it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info