/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Stash Tab Bundle 26% off - 110 points.

48 hour deal

What?... Ok, whatever. All my tabs are premium and I have just enough in Standard League so I'll wait for the once a year 50% off everything to buy any more (probably another after Thanksgiving black Friday and weekend).

But GGG has brought that upon themselves by not changing netcode to reduce desync before now. Lockstep, deterministic, whatever you want to call it, the server/client sync failure of PoE that causes the massive desync should have been worked on and minimized long before now (as hard as this problem is to solve).

what does this even mean
IRON MAN
It means all my tabs are Premium so Regular Stash Tab sales are worthless for me. Also, I'm boycotting funding GGG because they chose to put fixing desync way down on their to-do list and only now with PoE 2.0 coming out soon is GGG addressing this plague of a problem. Only if Premium Stash Tabs are 50% off will I consider buying more of them and that was back in November 28-30 of 2014. PoE players only get 17.5% off Premium Stash Tabs on sale while Regular Stash Tabs are discounted by 26.67%.

Is that clear enough for you?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
wish my problems were that small
IRON MAN
It's better to look at cost per premium tab when thinking about an upgrade. The % off on bundles is misleading.

Premium Tab 40 -> 30
30 ea.

Tab Bundle 150 -> 110
/6
Premium Upgrade 15 -> 10
28.33... ea.

Premium Bundle 200 -> 165
/6
27.5 ea.

(50% off sale: 16.66... ea. God I wish I knew MTX prices would ever get this low.)
"
ionface wrote:
(50% off sale: 16.66... ea. God I wish I knew MTX prices would ever get this low.)

Don't we all >:(
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
ionface wrote:

Don't we all >:(

Just wait until Black Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It should be the 3 days after Thanksgiving.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

For me I look at game value per dollar and in the this last year while I got progressively more proficient at PoE (as my Torment level 87 Scion attests to) the high number of times I almost died do to high desync was still a nightmare and I've had to bind the logout to character selection screen to my F4 key in order to prevent most desync deaths. Even with my Scion shouting "go to bed little nightmare" the nightmare of desync still persists. That should have been addressed and fixed for PoE 1.0 (or soon after) and not left for PoE 2.0 over 1½ years later. If GGG can get it mostly put to bed (minimized) when PoE 2.0 is pushed out in July I will change my view and probably buy a Premium Stash Tab pack on sale before the Black Friday sales event.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Just wait until Black Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It should be the 3 days after Thanksgiving.

The problem is, last Black Friday was when I bought the ~20 remaining MTXs I didn't have. I'll just be getting the newly made stuff when it's on sale next time. I could have saved thousands of points if I had waited for more of a discount, I just figured GGG would never cut the value of these things so drastically (again).
Just realized that the masters were added to the profile picture list, so until further notice I'll be using sexy voice's handsome mug. Also somehow survived tab sales despite always needing to save space...anyway, just suggesting these again:

Lavender Weapon Effect

Soul Nexus Clarity

Crimson Weapon Effect

Seraph Sword (reskin)

Bandana

Thanks again!
Fire Ferrets
Upgrade to Premium Stash Tab 33% off - 10 points.

OK, I guess the default tabs were only a 24 hour deal.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info