/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:

You understand perfectly.

I just want to add that the previous $50 supporter pack gave 400 points, not 500. So I assume that future $50 packs will also give out 400 points.

So if you buy 400 points for $40 from April 20th onwards, you need to pay an additional $10 to get the next supporter pack.

You will not get additional points, since you already have the 400 that the pack normally grants, but you will get a cool armor set, music and forum title (if we use the previous $50 Apprentice pack as example)

Thank you for your answer.

So in fact I had completely misunderstood what that meant. I thought we were basically getting 20% free points if we were to buy the packs now in order to later redeem them for supporter packs (due to the difference between those bought and those in the pack).
But now I understand that we can simply reduce the cost of the packs up to 80%, but still have to pay more for the remainder. So in fact there is no financial incentive to buying packs now.

Thanks for the clarification!

"
Dravel60 wrote:

So in fact I had completely misunderstood what that meant. I thought we were basically getting 20% free points if we were to buy the packs now in order to later redeem them for supporter packs (due to the difference between those bought and those in the pack).
But now I understand that we can simply reduce the cost of the packs up to 80%, but still have to pay more for the remainder. So in fact there is no financial incentive to buying packs now.

Thanks for the clarification!

Yeah I think it's more a goodwill gesture for people who want to spend money but don't want to be bitten by paying too early, only to have a "better value" pack come out a week later.
IRON MAN
Skull Hood helmet effect 40% off - 120 points.

Are there any microtransactions in the beta? I can't check for myself.
IRON MAN
So I caved and bought the vampire gloves (look very nice, make up for normal gloves which appear lack-luster in my opinion) and probably wont get the fireplace when you can make one with the stuff from the masters and creativity, so suggesting these five again:

Lavender weapon effect

Crimson weapon effect

Seraph Sword

Hussar Wings

Bandana
Fire Ferrets
I have no access to any of my existing MTX in the 2.0.0 Beta.

I miss my critters. =-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Adder's Claw effect 31% off - 110 points.
IRON MAN
There are 3 cosmetic effects on my buy list.

If I can purchase any one of them on sale, I'll have enough points remaining to grab the last 2 right away.

So I'm curious what my odds are, and how long I should expect to wait before one of the 3 goes on sale.

I counted the total amount of microtransactions in the store via opening each store page in google chrome and searching for "preview", and chrome automatically counts them for you. I added the results from all the pages and there is a total of 213 different microtransactions divided as such:

30 weapon effects
63 armor effects
11 footprint effects
34 alternate skill effects
16 hideout decorations
14 classic effects
11 character effects
26 pet effects
6 Account features // counted these by hand, no "preview" button
2 guild microtransactions // same

I didn't count redundant stuff like the Specials, Most Popular, and Newly Added pages.

So, 3 items out of 213 means I have 1/71 (1.4%) chance every day to get what I want. so 1.4% or 0.014

According to the binomial calculator, if I wait 30 days, there is only a 34.49% that at least 1 of the 3 items goes on sale

After 50 days there is a 50.58% chance of success. Guess I'll have to wait patiently until the Beta ends to have a decent chance of seeing my stuff on sale. Feels like I'm trying to beat the 5 link odds lol.
Page 200. Wow.

Awesome job keeping this thread going, Dreggon.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:
math

The microtransactions are chosen manually by GGG, so posting which ones you're specifically looking for has a (small) chance of their reading this and putting it on sale. They do need to make money, as well - super popular stuff like armour goes on sale much more often than dances, which don't go on sale ever.

"
OldeSchool wrote:
Page 200. Wow.

Awesome job keeping this thread going, Dreggon.

IRON MAN
Lightning Weapon effect 40% off - 160 points.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info