0.9.11 Maps Teaser

"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
looks very interesting...!
I'm really thinking that you'll reserve us some very good surprises for the OB!

one question though : MoC is a mythic and legendary place among the beta testers (and for PoE), you said that it's now gone. will be there some kind of map wich take us to some kind of reminder ?

I think it'll be good to stumble upon it, and that it's somewhat sad that the Maelstrom of chaos will disapear into oblivion after having had such great expectation/frustration for so long. ;)

... nothing
I'm gonna horde "ledge" maps.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
One mega important question:

What lvl i must be to test this new features? 60? Or i can test some new content on lower lvl?
I dont have highlvl char atm but if i need 60 i can make one until patch is released.

PLZ someone with alpha access answer this. Please.
"
Nice concept but please add COOL bosses to these maps :) :)

Agreed. Some unique boss fights would be incredible.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Since the maps will be found as items, I guess you can access them from the very start of the game.
The interesting question is whether or not these maps will have fixed balancing or if the enemies scale with the player who created it.

I'm just glad that the endgame maps are not just "endgameversions" of the normal maps, but completely new areas. It's also a nice in that the endgame can be extended indefinetly, by adding more and more maps.
They don't need to be integrated into the story or thematically into an act, there can just bet 6 new maps a year until there is a huge library.
If GGG wants to ;)
Questions are :
1)How can quality of map be improved by item from other teaser?
2) what magic mods can map have anyway?
3) how is it different form farming maelstorm anyway.

I wasnt in maelstorm , but personally i see no difference aside form having to grind map first before getting there.?

4)Will those maps be invadable in cutthroat mode?
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Last edited by pod11 on Jun 25, 2012, 11:56:02 AM
"
pod11 wrote:
Questions are :
1)How can quality of map be improved by item from other teaser?
2) what magic mods can map have anyway?
3) how is it different form farming maelstorm anyway.

I wasnt in maelstorm , but personally i see no difference aside form having to grind map first before getting there.?

Differnece is that the maps created are new areas and not the ones you already played through. Also you have to keep in mind that people will probably create public parties before opening up a map, so you will be able to visit one pretty often.
"
SwedishTavern wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The Path of Exile 0.9.11 patch introduces a new end-game system called Maps. We'll be posting a full developer diary about how it works within a few days. In the meantime, here's a screenshot that we took in one of the new end-game areas.

oh no .... the place every gamer has dreaded since the early 80s .... the only place we rather avoid ....

SEWERS *GASP*

Speaking of the 1980s, I want an Air Conditioning Map, where you crawl about in super strong ducts that hold your human weight somehow avoiding rapid fans and long fall pits. And crawling some more.

The boss would be a really big fan. With an even longer fall pit.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
I always thought that POE looked Greco-Roman (e.g. the Templar's toga, the old website background, that Act 3 town screenshot with the broken statue by the stairs)... And, now those sewers make me think that Wraeclast is a parallel universe. where scientific innovation did not all but cease for a 1,000 years, (as a result of the Collapse of Roman Empire, bringing about the Dark Ages in Europe), but instead continued for quite some time in to a Steampunk era and then everything fell apart. Those sewer grates, among other things, make the entire scene look straight out of the 19th century; well, besides the monsters and the anachronistic person wearing armor and wielding a hammer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info