[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

Hi there. I was not playing for a while and now i returned to play some Ambush with a new char. But as i still get questions about the build sometimes i decided to write some thoughts about if this build is playable. My gear didn't changes one bit since 0.11 (can see old post) so i far from ubergeared. 2 things changed since 0.11 No more flat auras so we only can afford Hatred + (Grace OR Discipline). The auras themselves growth around double in power. I prefer Grace over Discipline as i feel ok with 3K ES but like to have +20% phys resist that Grace give me. The second main nerf come with Vaal Pact. I see the same survivability with the new Vaal Pact as i saw with the old one in all situations but one. This one situation is Phys Reflect Maps. I can handle phys reflect mobs with Immortal Call no problem at all, but 20% Blood Rage+Warlord's Mark+2% leech from ring is not enough to do a map with Phys reflect. If you want to do this maps you will need more leech on your gear. I was able to do such map by equipping Carnage Heart.
I still didn't put Cast on Damage Taken to any use, and just press Endurance Cry manually but automating this might help. So apart from Phys Reflect map mod the build still rocks.

Here is my current passive tree, some passives are put into resistances to compensate for lack of purity until i get new gear. if you have cap res your better put them in some dps nodes.

Video of lvl 74 map to show how it performs right now.
http://www.twitch.tv/xavyerdevir/c/3905469

Old Post, passive tree inside not updated

Patch 0.11.0c Video of lvl 71 Collonade Map, Facetanking Brutus. This is before Brutus nerf. Left it without curse for some time to show that i can survive the hits.
I have 40% phys resists+Endurance charges, 45K aoe dps with curse on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FncFjvT8ETQ

lvl 70 Coves Map with Double Kraityn+Boss Damage and APS+Vulnerability.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=81kSLTx2elQ
One more video of 71 brutus, in 567ES 5L chest
Lvl 71 Colonade Map with +30% monster damage.
I removed my 6th gem (multistrike) making my chest essentialy 5L
I disabled Discipline aura making my chest 800-233=567 ES.
So this video is in 567ES 5L chest that can be bought for 1.5-2 EX
I have 3K es pool.
Map took 6 minutes.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK4k-Bq17NY
Oh and i didn't curse Brutus :)

Fun with Flicker strike Video:
http://www.twitch.tv/xavyerdevir/c/2623064

Old 5L 20K dps videos

Gameplay video on lvl 69 Map solo. My PC lags sometimes when i record, sorry for that.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOl-1uUigVY
5 sec lvl71 Temple Map Piety Rape.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW38y0JW5NU

Excel DPS Calculator

This is with Abyssus helmet, with crit weaknes curse and againts lvl 77 monster (hit chance).
For lower lvl maps it's even higher :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkP6Kg4w9spodE1kUk9hSzlsTGYxRDlOSDBqem5kOVE&usp=sharing

As 0.11.0b patch gave melee splash +17% aoe radius i changed my build and now it looks like this:

I now have 3.5K ES pool.
With Alpha's Howl i have: 66K dps with curse and 47% phys reduce with endurance charges.
With Abyssus i have: 116K dps with curse and no phys reduce.
My gear

On swap to deal with reflect mobs:

This give me enormose dps if i ever need it:

Gems I use
Dual Strike + Melee Splash + Melee Dmg + Multistrike + Power Charge On Crit +Increased Crit Damage
Decoy totem + Totem resistace + Blood Rage + Warlord's Mark
Hatered + Discipline + Purity + Reduced mana
Wrath + Grace + Reduced mana
Enduring Cry + Critical Weaknes + Reduced mana + Faster Casting
Flicker Strike+Whirling Blades+Faster Attack

The biggest Abyssus drawback comes from the fact that i oneshot rares and we lose drop because Volanchik (my teammate) can't make a killing blow with his 350 IIR/IIQ culing strike frenzy. So for now i will be running with Alpha's Howl.

Anarchy viable leveling guide (no Eye of Chayula)
Leveling Guide

Level 20 (3 points from quests) - Middle of A2 Normal

At this point you spend 4-6 fusing on a pair of these:

You can always find ppl selling these in trade chat and a lot of shops have these.
Until you transition to CI your main attack will be:
Dual Strike+Melee Splash+Power Charge on Critical+Life On Hit.
You add auras when you can afford them in the following order:
Hatered, Grace, Discipline, Purity, Wrath.
All auras should be connected to reduced mana gem.
Use Decoy totem when you feel you are in danger. Your curse of choise will be Critical Weakness.
You use Whirling Blades+Faster Attacks for escape situations.
Before lvl 50 you just wear what you can to cover resist caps, some chest with armor and boots with move speed. and the more life on gear the better. But i didn't bought anything except daggers till 50 - i just wear what i found.

On Bandit quest kill them all.

Level 36 (7 points from quests) - Normal Piety Kill/Start of a1 Cruel.

At this point you spend another 6-8 fusings and change your daggers to:

Again plenty of theses are being sold.

Level 49 (11 points from quests)- Middle of A2 Cruel.

At This point you make your first shopping tour.
You need 300+ ES armor, it will cost you around 1 ex if 5L, a lot less if 4L. Don't bother with any stats on armor except ES if you on a budget.
You also need to buy 2 good dps high crit daggers for lvl 48-52. They will cost you around 4 chaos each.
Make sure you have str on belt as we will drop all str nodes next level.
On Bandit quest kill them all.

Level 50 (respec to CI)

As you can see we drop all health nodes and take CI+Ghost Reaver+Vaal Pact.
Also you main attack now should be
Dual Strike+Melee Splash+Power Charge On Crit+Increased Critical Damage+Melee Damage On Full Life.
We removed Life On Hit and as you CI now and you always run with Blood Rage that will heal you. Also you won't need health potions and if you got good daggers mana will leech back itself tnx to Mind Drinker Passive so you won't need it also. That means it's time to get resists and armor potions and learn to use them.

Level 56 (16 points from quests) Merciless Ledge/Fellshrine farming

At this point you took Iron Reflexes. Please note that as you have evasion increasing nodes gear with evasion now give more armor than gear with armor. Now go shop for all the other gear you may need to close your resistance gaps. Aim for Mana everywhere you can. You can rely on +12 to all resists from 3 endurance charges for the time being.
On Bandit quest help Alira for Power Charge.

Level 64 (18 points from quests) Mericless Docks/Catacomb/Lunaris Farming

Last bit of shopping here before you start maps i strongly suggest you get yourself Dream Fragments or Alpha's Howl to counter freeze. This will also give you the means to run purity and you can adjust your gear to cap with purity in mind. Also it's nice to buy Maligaro's Virtuosity if you didn't bough them already as they are best gloves for this build. Ain for accuracy whenever you can as it is the most important stat for any crit build (to avoid crits being downgraded to normal hits).I also strongly suggest 700+ ES armor to feel safe on maps.

Level 73 (20 points from quests) Maps

These last levels you are gaining in dps. Adder's Touch will give you a lot when you reach it.

Level 82 (Current Build State)

Now go rape Piety and enjoy the revenge :)
Gearing Priority

Two extensive shoping tours is required by this build. You shop for gear at lvl 50 to complete merciles, and you shop for more gear at lvl 70+ to get better on maps.
You should buy 15% melee spalsh expect to pay 3-4 GCP for it.
On lvl 50 you should expect paying 2-5 chaos per item, optional 1 EX for 5L.
On lvl 70 you should expect paying 2-5 GCP per item, 20 gcp for alpha's howl, 10 GCP for Maligaro's virtuosity, 2X for 5L
To get this money you convert alterations to fusings at vendor and do not waste them on linking your gear. Instead you pay in fusings for gear or trade ppl fusings for GCPs at 7-8 fusings per GCP rate.
Now what do you need on gear in the priority order:
Lvl 50:
1. Daggers with 160+ physical dps.
2. Chest with 300+ ES. Preferably 5L. Do not overpay for mana or resits on the chest. ES is all you need on it.
3. Rings with 200+ accuracy and 40+ mana. Also some resist you may need.
4. Flasks: Fire Resist+ remove curse, Lightining Resist + Remove Shock, cold resist+ remove freeze, Granite+Armor%, Diamond Flask. Use whirling blade to move quickly.
5. Belt with Strength and as much resist as you can, also ES will be nice.
6. 4L Boots with 25+ movespeed 40+ mana and resists.
7. Amulet with 50+ crit multiplier. Also nice if you would get flat physical or accuracy on it. If you play on standart Eye Of Chayula uniq amulet, and put the points to reach Unveaveling Stance from Diamond Skin elsewhere.
8. Gloves with mana and es/ev or Maligaro's Virtuosity uniq gloves if you can afford it.
9. Helm with 100+ ES and accuracy
10. 15% Q Melee Splash gem.
11. 15% Q Dual Strike gem.
LVL 70:
12. Dagger with 190+ Phys Damage and 8.5+ base critical chance
13. Maligaro's Virtuosity if you couldn't afford them on lvl 50.
14. 600+ ES 5L - expect to pay 2 EX for it. Again don't overpay for enything but ES.
15. Q 15% Critical Damage gem
16. Q 15% Critical Weakness gem
17. Alpha's Howl uniq helm. Put Reduced Mana+Hatered+Discipline+Purity in it.
18. Amulet with more dps: 60+ crit multiplier, 300+ accuracy, flat phys damage is the best.
19. 800 ES 5L chest with resists will cost you 5-7 ex. Or if you feel you wish to farm for something great - save up 20 ex and buy yourself a 800 ES 6L chest. If you manage to get 6L your 6th gem will be multistrike.

While you shoping for your items make sure that you have cap resists with Purity on.
Also try to get as much rarity on any of the gear if you can but not at the cost of key
stats i specified.

P.S.
An idea for players with limited resources. Until you can afford 5L/6L chest you can compensate one gem slot by removing PCoC and puting it into Double Strike+Multistrkie+PCoC+Increased Crit Chance. This second skill won't do much damage but it will unleash 6 very fast attacks that will get your Power Charges up. I do not recomend this as a permanent setup because doing this in the heat of battle will be dangerous, but if you as a player can pull this off and keep your charges up with it, you will be able to have the power of my 6L on a 5L chest.
Dealing with reflect

Phys Reflect Map video for these wondering. I do not use crit weakness curse on it so i have maybe 30K dps. But it's easely doable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkCs0UwpxmQ

No Reflect Map + No Reflect Aura = Critical Weakness + Main Attack
No Reflect Map + Elem Reflect Aura = Critical Weakness + Main Attack
Elem Reflect Map + No Reflect Aura = Critical Weakness + Main Attack
Elem Reflect Map + Elem Reflect Aura = Critical Weakness + Main Attack

Phys Reflect Map + No Reflect Aura = Warlord's Mark + Main Attack
Phys Reflect Map + Elem Reflect Aura = Warlord's Mark + Main Attack
Elem Reflect Map + Phys Reflect Aura = Warlord's Mark + Main Attack

No Reflect Map + Phys Reflect Aura = Warlord's Mark + Main Attack OR
No Reflect Map + Phys Reflect Aura = Critical Weakness + Discharge + Diamond Flask

Phys Reflect Map + Phys Reflect Aura = Critical Weakness + Discharge + Diamond Flask

With curse immune monsters if you have to use main attack with Phys Reflect you should separate group and kill them by 1-2 monsters per hit, giving yourself some time to restore shield.
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is this build HC viable?
A: No it is not. It is very gear dependent, and prone to human errors. Try it on HC only if you have insanely good gear waiting for you and you are exceptional HC player.

Q: What do you think about Rainbowstride boots?
A: If you don't care about rarity they are the best boots for this build.

Q: Differenece between Melee Dmg and Melee Dmg on Full Life?
A: Melee Dmg on Full life cost slightly less mana but this is neglectable, use the one you have with higher quality.

Q: How much ES should i have before i switch to CI?
A: 300(Chest)+100(Helm)+80(ring+belt+boots)+180(Discipline) would be enough.

Q: Can't find ES chest on lvl 50. What should i do?
A: Make sure you looked at poe.xyz.is. If still can't find stick to HP till lvl 58 (that's farming merciless ledge)

Q: I can't afford 5L what should i do?
A: Use 4L and farm for 5L. For additional damage you can move Power Charge on Critical to separate 4L with dual strike + Multistruike+ Increased critical Strikes. You will use this to generate power charges and to sustain them. And you will use Dual Strike+Melee Splash+Melee Damage+Melee Damage On Full Life/Increased Critical Damage as a main damaging aoe attack.

Q: I never seen an exalt dropped how can i afford all this gear?
A: You sell crappy rares for Alterations, in act 2/3 you go to ring vendor and buy Jewelers from him for 2 Alterations each, and then Fusings for 4 Jewelers each. Then you trade fusings for GCP(7-8 fusings) or Exalts(70-80 fusings) in trade chat or just pay in them for gear. You also make a trade thread on forum with nice gear you find yourself, and occasionally ppl will come to you to buy something. just don't forget to put your IGN in your trade thread. Don't bother formating or bumping the thread, they will find your gear on poe.xyz.is and just go to your shop thread for your IGN.

Q: I die constantly what should i do?
A: You need to make sure you have cap resists, you run Grace+Hatered+Discipline auras, you use at least 4L, you have the gear from my Gearing Priorities section at least for lvl 50, especially daggers appropriate for your level. You also need to use flasks to remove shock, freeze and curse and granite flasks. If you sure you did all this and still have problems then contact me and i'll help.

Q: I die so i decided to switch some nodes from dps to defence. But i still suck. What should i do?
A: This build work best when you have gread AOE to onshot/stun/freeze as much monsters as possible. The only reason to want more es is if you get one/two shotted. All others deaphs require more dps and aoe.

Q: Can this build work with a shiled?
A: Yes, you will trade 30% dps to 30% ES. You obviesly need to switch dual strike to double strike or Reave for this. I do not suggest doing this if drop in dps will make you twoshot mobs instead of onshotting them.

Q: I kill myself on reflect. What should i do?
A: Make sure you use Multistrike, have Q20 Blood Rage and use Warlord's Mark on reflect mobs. For More details pls see my Dealing with Reflect section.

Q: What are the gem priorities for main attack?
A: Melee Splash->Melee Damage On Full Life->Multistrike/Increased Critical Damage->Power Charge On Critical->Multistrike/Melee Damage/Increased Critical Damage
For places with '/' this is varinats for socket colors. The best color combination is GBRRRR but getting 4 reds on full ES is extremly unlikely.

Q: What do you think of Reave?
A:http://www.twitch.tv/xavyerdevir/c/2791576
Video with trying out Reave.
Reave is only lvl 9. Supported by lvl 20: Melee dmg, Melee Dmg on Full Life, Multistrike, Increased Crit Damage and PCoC. Compared to Dual Strike+Melee Splash i lost around 30% dps because Reave alternate weapons, so it is really best with a shield. Also anything you do besides walking resets Reave aoe radius, so no whirling blades/curses during a fight.
It is conus aoe in front of you and this really annoys me when i get surrounded. On a plus side you can hold shift and aoe from across almost a screen like how cleavers do when you have all 8 charges up.
Bottom line: I will be using Reave on a 1h+shield char. I will not be using it on this build as it restrict 'whirl in-> curse-> oneshot the room-> repeat' crazy style of mine. And i don't like loosing 1/4 of my dps.

P.S.
Attention Wolverine fans!
You ask/suggest me very often that this build with claws will lose a little damage and add a lot of leech aka survivability. Here's my answer for that:
By going claws you lose around 300% crit chance and 66% crit multiplier from dagger only nodes and dagger base bonuses. In other words with daggers you will have 90% chance do deal 10x damage, with claws you will have 60% chance to deal 6x Damage. Decide for yourself how 'insignificant' this is.
By doing that much damage with daggers i leech to FULL ES with EACH crit with only 10% leech that blood rage gives me. So there is no reason to have more leech. Claws do not have any positive sides for a crit build, you just lose dps.

Last edited by Xavyer on Mar 21, 2014, 7:06:07 AM
I will try something similar. What are your bandit choices?
My bandit choises - kill them all, kill them all, help alira for power charge.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 3, 2013, 9:37:00 AM
and where do u get accurary? seems to me u miss a lot of your hits

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
Last edited by trashs1 on May 3, 2013, 1:25:37 PM
"
trashs1 wrote:
and where do u get accurary? seems to me u miss a lot of your hits

I get accuracy from 2 rings and some dexterity. I have 76% hit chance on lvl 71 map. Fortunately hit chance is being rolled separately for each mob in my aoe so in a group of 10 monsters i one shot 7 and then do another attack to finish the rest. But if i ever get myself 6L armor i will add additional accuracy as it have crit chance on quality and will cover my weak spot.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 3, 2013, 5:48:45 PM
Could you post a screenshot of your dual strike dps ?

Seems your "20k with crit weakness" only applies to your first target, if im not mistaken.
IGN: Cyanyx
"
Qmabyte wrote:
Could you post a screenshot of your dual strike dps ?

Seems your "20k with crit weakness" only applies to your first target, if im not mistaken.

My screenshot will show you 12.4K without ciritcal weakness curse. It is calculated for first target (so 13% less for all others with lvl 18 melee splash) and with 75 crit chance insted of 86% (as curse give 9% flat crit chance and 93% more crit damage) Critical weaknes will almost double it. So it routhly 25K singletarget and 20K aoe. If you like i can share my detail excel dps calculations from scratch with critical curse and you can see for yourself.

Last edited by Xavyer on May 4, 2013, 3:23:36 AM
I would love to see a video of this build in action.
"There's a legend on the internet that if you stay a virgin until your 30, you become a wizard."
"The right man in the wrong place can make all difference in the world"
"
ZomBenjamin wrote:
I would love to see a video of this build in action.

Compressing video right now, will add soon.
Last edited by Xavyer on May 5, 2013, 12:33:41 PM
Added gameplay video on lvl 69 map. Sorry for lags, don't have SSD so screen capturing causes some lags.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOl-1uUigVY
Last edited by Xavyer on May 5, 2013, 12:55:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info