Common Suggestions and Feedback (with Dev Responses)

PASSIVE SKILL TREE RESPEC

I miss an ability to completely respec the passive skill tree. At least in default league. It would be very nice to test different builds without need to level a new character. Even though there's a skill planner, you cannot tell whether the build is good or not untill you try it in-game. Respec shouldn't be for free, but for some materials. I suggest one orb of regret shoud reset whole tree in normal league.

... after a huge chunk of gameplay I must admit I was wrong. GGG knows, what they are doing. Maybe i was spoiled by consumer games. In fact i love this system. It's very rewarding when you see your character grow as your baby. :D And still you can repair minor misakes or do slight changes. Economy in this game is another brilliant idea. Having currency items that are useful istead of piles of useless gold works perfectly. Good job GGG. Best ARPG i've ever played.
Last edited by Julko on Jan 23, 2013, 2:26:03 AM
I have few ideas.

1. Bestiary
Create tab with describes all monsters in game. Short story about it, and describe they good and bad sides, to choice optimal strategy to kill it. Of course champions monster and other high lvl have resist lightning etc. but is super that be in one panel

2. Real time Clock
Add to right or left upper on the screen a real-time clock. Because without this we be late to school or job :)

3. More mouse button
Modern computer mouse have more than two buttons and wheel. Of course not all gamers have this mouses, but this upgrades maybe can place in Microtransactions. Every additional mouse button to use cost for example 100 coins.

And this suggestions is for me most important
4. Achievements
Achievements are very good idea i think, because that motivate to play all six characters, not only one. And that I play much much longer on this game. Syndrome collect all of achievements. And for example when you gain 1000 achievements points you collect 100 coins to pay out in the shop.
Last edited by Pablo134 on Nov 18, 2012, 6:02:50 PM
@Julko: I like how orb reset only one skill. May be a 500% drop chance increase would go with it.
@Pablo: 1- good idea
2- good idea
3- i don't agree with, i agree with more buttons- on keyboard, but some builds will be more OP this way
4- good idea
Glad I came and read this, because I was going to suggest the ability to map extra mouse buttons. The keyboard ones I don't mind, but it's the mouse wheel I don't like. I hate clicking the mouse wheel. It feels awkward, and I can almost never click it without also rolling it one direction or the other. And I have 2 thumb buttons with nothing to do, which I always map to something, for every game I play (if it allows it).

Other than that, my only suggestion (which I didn't see covered in here), is to have the skillset hotkeys save and change with the "x button" weapon switch, like a skillset profile for each equipped weapon set. Basically, what I'm getting at is... Right now, my marauder is dual wielding swords for one weapon set, with a two handed sword for the other. One of my one handed swords has my fireball gem, and my two handed sword has a heavy strike gem. My right click skill is dual strike, for my two swords, and fireball is set to Q. When I switch to the two handed sword, it puts heavy strike at Q (since it's in the two handed sword, which is swapping out with the one handed sword, with the fireball gem), leaving dual strike (the gem is in my gloves) at right click. Obviously, dual strike doesn't work with a two handed sword, so my right click does nothing, and I have to hit Q for my most used skill with the two handed sword.

I'd like to be able to set it so that I have dual strike as right click for my main weapon set (with the gem in my gloves), and fireball at Q, but then when I switch to the second weapon set, it drops fireball and dual strike, and puts heavy strike (the gem is in the two handed sword) at right click.

And that is literally my only suggestion of how to make PoE better (for me, at least), aside from smoothing out animations, and other things that will surely be worked on before the full release.

Aside from that, I have nothing but awesome things to say about this game. I'm totally loving it. The whole item and currency (or lack of currency) system is completely genius. And the plethora of item-altering consumables makes you really feel like every item (even crappy whites), has potential to be something useful. And the whole visual presentation is fantastic. Everything looks great, especially shadows in darker areas. When I first stepped into the cathedral in Act 2, I took a couple steps forward and had to stop to say "THIS is what Diablo 3 should have looked like!"

I've been playing point and click ARPGs since the launch day of Diablo 1, I have at least a little experience with every ARPG of this style there is, and Path of Exile is quickly becoming my favorite ever. Thank you, GGG, for having me in this Beta, and keep up the awesome work.
Would love dearly to see :

More Variety of Monster Models/ Sinister/demonic/ twisted / beastly
More Lieutenant/miniboss Monsters with special challenging abilities scattered around each act.

Kindly do see my Post on this in General Discussion.

Cheers
Auto sort inventory would be great.
IGN: TasKitas
Last edited by TasKitas on Nov 21, 2012, 4:44:13 AM
"
shmimbadad wrote:

+1
This is really something we'll need, especially in combination with the mouse buttons.
I use a bow on slot 2, and dual daggers on Slot 1, and whenever I switch from daggers to bow and bkac, my dual strike is reassigned from mouse 1 to E, and I got a standard attack on Mouse 1.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Hello !

I understand that to you company write thousands of fans,
but still decided write to you ..

Maybe my ideas will be heard...

Diablo-1 dark stile, not disappearing corpses & particles !
This is very important and adds realism and detail to you game !

It's absent for example in Torchlight II\diablo-3 ...
(and it is their fault as developers)

*But there also are some pluses -
(in the above projects)

1.) Diablo-3 - physics of bodies ...
If you hit with a cudgel(or with similar) lightweight target -
he can fly off at a decent distance !

This looks very impressive ... Can you add it in you project ?
I understand that diablo-3 use full 3d engine but ...

2.) Torchlight II - Opportunity to break the surrounding objects -
wooden barrels - as in diablo-1, wooden boxes ..
some stone pillars for lighting...
(the light from them is lost if break them !)

Ceramic jars, vases etc. ..

If you can - please add more environmental objects that
can be break
!

Maybe doors that can break ... - Maybe unstable walls in the dungeons ..
(All particles from them and the parts must stay ! )

Also, if possible - the burning grass, trees, bushes ..

Falling trees, palm trees...
It will be very impressive !

2a.) Extended Particle System (E.P.S.) ... - maybe you can add a small
analog of nVidia physic-X particle system, as in
Borderland-2 ?(mafia-2)

So if you hit stone object(Wall or Mount) - to the ground strewed pieces of stone,
if you hit wooden object - to the ground strewed pieces of wood,

if monster hit the ground - to the ground strewed pieces of ground,
on the site of impact or explosion....

and do not disappear !
(as in borderlands-2 - as example ...)

3.) If possible - add seasons of the year ...
(with different decorations & monsters for each ...)

4.) Footprints - I watched some videos ..

No footprints on the sand\on the wet sand from the characters
and monsters ... - can you add them ?

Thank for your attention,
and excellent work !

___
Great game guys.
Just few ideas if I might add.

1) Act 3,4,5.... Which is a must of course.
2) Those Jeweler`s orb are totally useless. I mean, why would I want to waste 100 of them for a chance to get 3 sockets or perhaps (by any luck) 4 sockets??? It is better if they add one slot per use, rather than to have to spend 100 of them to get some decent combination.
3) Fusing orb - same as 2. Better to add one link than to have to play lottery if it will connect. I spend large ammount of both orbs untill now and could not get anything good, not to mention if I want to upgrade epic item. :(
4) Enemies using flicker strike should definitively have cooldown on their skills!!! Like this they can swarm you in matter of seconds, which can get very annoying once you enter cruel difficulty where you loose experience for death.
5) Necromancers and diabolists - same as the 4. They can raise an army faster than I can kill them, and on top of that, they seem to have unlimited mana pool to do so. Definitively add cooldown on their abilities!

Beside these few complaints and ideas I have, game is very very very awesome and I like it very much! Keep up the good work!
Comments to several suggestions:

1). Full respec will never happen. Orb of regret was added as a compromise if I'm not mistaken. If you need more, you can turn scourings into regrets or trade for regrets as well.

2). Jewelers and fusings are designed that getting 2 and 3 links is very very easy, while 4+ can be difficult. This is because you only "need" a 4L at best to beat the game. Being able to easily socket and fuse items would destroy the uniqueness of items, as well as allow everyone to gear up WAY to fast. They're there to slow progression and reward those who are diligent in their efforts.

3). Flicker strike has a cooldown already.

I myself would love to have an in-game clock, as well as a /timeleft command for races. As well as a /position command to let us know where we currently are in any league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info