Common Suggestions and Feedback (with Dev Responses)

"
Vold316 wrote:
I'd like to know who suggested: "Please make this game Pay2Win (add XP boosts or combat pets or whatever)", to punch him in the face! :P

Believe it or not, a lot of people suggest adding XP boosts, respecs, etc. to the cash shop.
"
"
Vold316 wrote:
I'd like to know who suggested: "Please make this game Pay2Win (add XP boosts or combat pets or whatever)", to punch him in the face! :P

Believe it or not, a lot of people suggest adding XP boosts, respecs, etc. to the cash shop.

So punch them all in the face. Oh and I definitely agree with a town portal hotkey.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Ah well, i wouldn't qualify XP boost and respec in Pay2Win. I was thinking on something worse, like: increased level limits, customized gear, etc.
Still ,they deserve a punch in da face.
I'm positively impressed with the "ethical microtransaction" way of support.
"The harder the game, the better."
Friend loggon notification.....
"
Gutty wrote:
Friend loggon notification.....

This is already in the game... It's very obvious and noticeable.
"
Vold316 wrote:
Ah well, i wouldn't qualify XP boost and respec in Pay2Win. I was thinking on something worse, like: increased level limits, customized gear, etc.

Respec is absolutely Pay2Win. By paying for a full respec once you've leveled up to a certain point, you could potentially make a build that would've been impossible at low levels but has serious payoff at high levels. Super exploitable in Hardcore... build tanky DPS in the beginning when it's hard to die, then pay for a respect at level 60 or so and completely change the build of your character to something that wouldn't have been stable until that point.
"
"
Vold316 wrote:

Respec is absolutely Pay2Win. By paying for a full respec once you've leveled up to a certain point, you could potentially make a build that would've been impossible at low levels but has serious payoff at high levels. Super exploitable in Hardcore... build tanky DPS in the beginning when it's hard to die, then pay for a respect at level 60 or so and completely change the build of your character to something that wouldn't have been stable until that point.

Yeah but with being able to trade Orbs or Regret you'll be able to do this anyway. It just makes it tedious to do so and limits people on what builds they can try. That's nearly all of the fun in a game with a talent tree, is trying out different combinations and finding out what works for you.

I'm not suggesting adding a respec option to the Cash Shop but either make Orbs of Regret available enough that a person can respec every now and then, or changing to a whole different method where you can pay game currency to do so.
"
Najja wrote:
"
"
Vold316 wrote:

Yeah but with being able to trade Orbs or Regret you'll be able to do this anyway. It just makes it tedious to do so and limits people on what builds they can try. That's nearly all of the fun in a game with a talent tree, is trying out different combinations and finding out what works for you.

I'm not suggesting adding a respec option to the Cash Shop but either make Orbs of Regret available enough that a person can respec every now and then, or changing to a whole different method where you can pay game currency to do so.

With the orbs of regret, if you want to grind out 66 orbs then you're more than welcome to! That's the choice you're making to rebuild your character through sweat and tears from the ground up. You earned that "respec". In HC you'll be putting yourself in harm's way quite often to get that many orbs. Would it really be worth it at that point?

But if you get a free respec or can pay for respecs in the cash shop... Suddenly that changes everything. You didn't have to work for it. You just "get" it. It's handed to you, so why not?

Let's say you spec out your marauder to be good with axes, but then at level 70 you get this absolutely epic mace, so you buy a respec and redo your character completely as a mace marauder. Should this kind of thing be allowed? GGG thinks not, and I concur.
Last edited by teacherpeter on Aug 6, 2012, 8:18:30 PM
I agree with Dash.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I would have a small suggestion as well, it's not really such a big deal, but for me it would be very useful.

Add either health bars on top of the monsters, or a glow to the monsters, so they are more visible.

I'm having small problems in seeing the monsters and properly targeting them with ranged chars. It's probably something I could get used to though, but I'd love to see something similar implemented.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info