Huge Graphic Bugs

"
Rory wrote:
"
EmptyPalms wrote:
I actually have this problem multiple times a day, and this is the only game that it happens with. I can play all day (figuratively or sometimes literally) lots of other games and don't have a problem.

I have a Radeon HD 6950 (don't think it is THAT old), but it seems to have been happening a lot more often since the .11 patch.

I had the problem maybe 1-3 times total before the patch, but now I get it 1-3 times a day.

This is especially frustrating when I'm in a map, as I can't freely re-log without losing portals.

EDIT: Actually, with the rate and extent I go to not to lose a portal, I'm surprised I haven't had a seizure or something from this light show... (not to make fun of people that can)

With that frequency, are you sure it's not the card overheating? Are you able to monitor card temperatures while you play, and check that the PC isn't damaging itself with the heat? Path of Exile hasn't been fully optimized yet, so it can produce more heat than a lot of other games.

I've downloaded the GPUTemp program to see if my card is overheating. I've played at least 4 maps so far and the temperature has not gone over 71 degrees Celsius.

Have not encountered the graphic bugs today, but I'll keep this program up if I encounter it.
IGN: EmptyPalms
I'm getting those graphical glitches too recently. And the game soon crashes after I get them. Using Radeon 6850.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/emrendil
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Emrendil
Last edited by Emrendil on Aug 1, 2012, 10:02:22 PM
Actually, just had a minor version of this glitch happen.

It is almost always prefaced by losing the mini-map (also layover, but not always).

My GPU was at a stable 67 degrees Celsius so I doubt that is over heating.

Restarting the client has always worked for me though.
oops guess i poseted in wrong spot
Last edited by InsaineMad on Aug 2, 2012, 4:18:26 AM
I get this frequently in pyramid
IGN:Aexea
i get the same graphical effects randomly after the last patch. made some screenshots but wanted to get some more information about casted spells at the time of the occurence as feedback before filing it.

will check for a overheated graphics card though as it's pretty hot here in the evennings.
I am getting the same thing randomly throughout the game. I run this via WINE on a 2011 iMac with ATI 6750M card and can tell that it is not overheating the card as I have played D3 for hours on end without issue.

Normally when this happens I will also get a random mob that loses all skinning and all that is seen is the wire frame design below in red. This leads me to believe that it is a graphical issue with the latest patch, not a card issue. Normally I can log out of the game, give it a few minutes and then log back in and the issue is usually very minimized or completely gone.

Figure that they will have it fixed soon enough as I am sure that bug reports have been submitted regarding it.
I am another with those graphic problems. I have 6560M.
I readed the whole thread and didn't find any GeForce users complaining. Interesting.
Maybe if all users with problems will write their grafic card, then we may will find, that this is only problem on AMD/ATI card...
Can we get a GGG post reply? I've tested my gpu temperature and it did not appear to be over heating.

I'd like to help with this bug because it is very close to my heart. :)
Getting the same glitch:

Last two have the /debug command in it. Also minimap was not working in image 4/5/6

Running W7 x64
GTX 460
8GB RAM

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info