Huge Graphic Bugs

This looks like your video might be overheating. Press F1 and check your FPS; if it's over consistently over 60 FPS then turn on Vsync in the options menu. You might also want to use a 3rd-party tool to check your GPU temperature.

"
Soon as I opened the thing to release the boss I couldn't see anything and died.

Another problem now is that I no longer have the bandit amulet.

Once you have placed the Combined Amulet into the Dark Altar, your quest progress is saved, so even if you die you should be able to activate the Dark Altar without the Combined Amulet.
Code warrior
"
EmptyPalms wrote:
I actually have this problem multiple times a day, and this is the only game that it happens with. I can play all day (figuratively or sometimes literally) lots of other games and don't have a problem.

I have a Radeon HD 6950 (don't think it is THAT old), but it seems to have been happening a lot more often since the .11 patch.

I had the problem maybe 1-3 times total before the patch, but now I get it 1-3 times a day.

This is especially frustrating when I'm in a map, as I can't freely re-log without losing portals.

EDIT: Actually, with the rate and extent I go to not to lose a portal, I'm surprised I haven't had a seizure or something from this light show... (not to make fun of people that can)

With that frequency, are you sure it's not the card overheating? Are you able to monitor card temperatures while you play, and check that the PC isn't damaging itself with the heat? Path of Exile hasn't been fully optimized yet, so it can produce more heat than a lot of other games.
Balance & Design
"
Anomer wrote:
First time it happened:

http://i.imgur.com/eEVO4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VPfPd.jpg

I also experienced few BSODs when entering zones in Act 2 this week.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Asus P5Q-PRO
6GB DDR2
Radeon 5850 1024MB
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Windows 7 Professional SP1

1920x1200 Windowed Fullscreen; Variance Shadow Mapping; AA 1; Aniso 2x; VSync on, Post Processing on

Your Creative sound card will be causing these BSODs - You should check out this thread, there are a number of temporary fixes there until we solve the problem with Creative sound cards.
Balance & Design
"
Laurufinwe wrote:
Hey Rory,

How about some details on this problem? I never had any artifacting or game crashes until your patch.

Now I can't go in Pyramid. Light beam artifacts and game crashes.

Same scenario as the original poster - artifacting started in pyramids... but I could still play. Boss pops up - bam client crashes.

2x 570s in SLI

No problems like this with any other games.

We're working on a fix, but if you have this happen to you frequently, just delete the Minimap folder in My documents/My Games/Path of Exile. This'll prevent regular graphical glitches like this!
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info