Huge Graphic Bugs

This seems to be happening a lot lately. Maybe it's related to the new Windowed Fullscreen video option?

These weird effects happen in very brief instances. They might flash repeatedly before going away, and sometimes depend on where I am on the map.

In this case, I could only see the minimap, nothing else
Last edited by AdmiralAardvarke on Jun 19, 2012, 9:27:48 PM
"
This seems to be happening a lot lately. Maybe it's related to the new Windowed Fullscreen video option?

These weird effects happen in very brief instances. They might flash repeatedly before going away, and sometimes depend on where I am on the map.

Might pay to post this in the bug section. We artists cant fix the graphical bugs like that.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Ok. Could it just be moved? :P
LASER BEAMS! Clearly this is a spoiler for future content.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Soon after making this thread the problem seemed to stop but just today as I was heading to the act2 boss it started happening again. Soon as I opened the thing to release the boss I couldn't see anything and died.

Another problem now is that I no longer have the bandit amulet.
Last edited by AdmiralAardvarke on Jul 31, 2012, 8:02:29 PM
This looks like your video might be overheating. Press F1 and check your FPS; if it's over consistently over 60 FPS then turn on Vsync in the options menu. You might also want to use a 3rd-party tool to check your GPU temperature.

"
Soon as I opened the thing to release the boss I couldn't see anything and died.

Another problem now is that I no longer have the bandit amulet.

Once you have placed the Combined Amulet into the Dark Altar, your quest progress is saved, so even if you die you should be able to activate the Dark Altar without the Combined Amulet.
Code warrior
I actually have this problem multiple times a day, and this is the only game that it happens with. I can play all day (figuratively or sometimes literally) lots of other games and don't have a problem.

I have a Radeon HD 6950 (don't think it is THAT old), but it seems to have been happening a lot more often since the .11 patch.

I had the problem maybe 1-3 times total before the patch, but now I get it 1-3 times a day.

This is especially frustrating when I'm in a map, as I can't freely re-log without losing portals.

EDIT: Actually, with the rate and extent I go to not to lose a portal, I'm surprised I haven't had a seizure or something from this light show... (not to make fun of people that can)
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jul 31, 2012, 10:25:43 PM
"
EmptyPalms wrote:
I actually have this problem multiple times a day, and this is the only game that it happens with. I can play all day (figuratively or sometimes literally) lots of other games and don't have a problem.

I have a Radeon HD 6950 (don't think it is THAT old), but it seems to have been happening a lot more often since the .11 patch.

I had the problem maybe 1-3 times total before the patch, but now I get it 1-3 times a day.

This is especially frustrating when I'm in a map, as I can't freely re-log without losing portals.

EDIT: Actually, with the rate and extent I go to not to lose a portal, I'm surprised I haven't had a seizure or something from this light show... (not to make fun of people that can)

With that frequency, are you sure it's not the card overheating? Are you able to monitor card temperatures while you play, and check that the PC isn't damaging itself with the heat? Path of Exile hasn't been fully optimized yet, so it can produce more heat than a lot of other games.
Balance & Design
I've been getting these effects as well, but only since the last major patch. Might just be coincidence, but as others are getting it too I thought I'd mention it.
"
Rhys wrote:
This looks like your video might be overheating. Press F1 and check your FPS; if it's over consistently over 60 FPS then turn on Vsync in the options menu. You might also want to use a 3rd-party tool to check your GPU temperature.

It seems prone to going slightly over 60. Usually jumping between 59 and 63, but it occasionally goes over 70 for a moment. Vsync is checked though.

"

Once you have placed the Combined Amulet into the Dark Altar, your quest progress is saved, so even if you die you should be able to activate the Dark Altar without the Combined Amulet.

Whew.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info