No Auction House. Old dev quotes of alternatives.

"
ArfyBarfy wrote:
"
"
Temper wrote:

God I'm full of whine tonight,guess I'll go get some cheese to go with it. lol

Perhaps so, but you're dead right.

I'm guessing that these "hardcore" traders can't be significant amount of the player base. Anyway who cares if they don't take two steps in to Act 2? If they are not enjoying the game that is their loss.

I'm just speaking from watching streams here but I don't think in this game you need lvl 70+ map gear to do lvl 77 maps. This isn't WoW where there is a clear gear progression path to follow in order to get through the game's content and people can skip it by buying gear from content they haven't done themselves.

yeah,like I said I pretty much had a whine and apologized. =P

POE isn't infested with the gametraders crap yet,it's still undergoing a lot of changes which isn't good for trading,but the moment you see *trading my softcore currency for your hardcore currency* threads popping up,well it's kinda already happened at that stage.

I can only speak from experience with the gametraders and private currency sellers that I know personally.But they inject funds into economies by purchasing said funds(real life or ingame) and create a gap of wealth that allows them to control the market.They don't miss any enjoyment from not playing the game because the trading is their game.They don't play to social,nor do they give a damn about the games community or it's balance or anything to be honest.

And if they go bust,well,they just buy more currency. =P

You should care if someone has never done the hard yards to obtain items in any given game especially hardcore games,yet believe they know the true value/worth of an item.

Where did their wealth come from in the first place if they did not acquire and can not sustain such wealth with the characters on their account.A level 1 character does not get a billion gold lucky drop from end game. =P

"
Temper wrote:
A level 1 character does not get a billion gold lucky drop from end game. =P

While I agree with you overall, it's interesting to note that in PoE, a level 1 character COULD actually get an extremely valuable drop, namely Mirror of Kalandra.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
A level 1 character does not get a billion gold lucky drop from end game. =P

While I agree with you overall, it's interesting to note that in PoE, a level 1 character COULD actually get an extremely valuable drop, namely Mirror of Kalandra.

Hush you ! ..... =P

"
Chris wrote:
I honestly don't remember saying that publicly, as it's an unannounced feature... it correctly describes our plan though.

Any idea when these will be available yet?
"
Chris wrote:
I honestly don't remember saying that publicly, as it's an unannounced feature... it correctly describes our plan though.

TIL that Chris doesn't remember the Beta Manifesto.
IGN : Reamus
people just don't want a Trade(auction) House because then it will be harder to ripoff n00bs.

With a Trade House there will be prices of similar items side-by-side and a price trend will be established and all the spammers won't be able to get a GCP for a mid-level POS that just looks cool to a level 10 player.

Just put a Trade House up so Trade Chat can die ... please.

Public stash tab to help with trading(that is difficult) that you have to buy?

That sounds closer to Pay to Win to me!
IGN: TitanVaolox

"
Dakrath wrote:
Public stash tab to help with trading(that is difficult) that you have to buy?

That sounds closer to Pay to Win to me!

Throughout history, we're cursed with wretches
Made angry by others' wealth and successes
Of course it's the system, the struggle imposed
As the wretch wastes away his life unopposed

If only they took the same stance and toil
Towards self, towards self, towards self
They'd only look down their noses and sneer
While they relished in hard earned wealth

Also, it's not pay to win. It's pay for convenience.

Wahey this thread is back!!! I wish there was an update on the public stash tab front.
IGN: Carmy
"
Killtrox wrote:

Also, it's not pay to win. It's pay for convenience.

bullshit.

Monetizing trade system will be P2W considering how mandatory trade is in poe.

Last edited by KarraKurri on Mar 28, 2013, 5:29:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info