No Auction House. Old dev quotes of alternatives.

sorry about that i actually read this part just pasted it in the wrong place. sorry again about the inconvinience buddy
How is a public stash tab not pay to win? I love this game, I don't believe I've posted any negative comments...But yeah.
Cool,another Auction Simulator coming our way ?

So far the last two games with optional auction house scenarios that I played both tanked pretty hard gameplay wise for their hype.

While some people love Auction Simulators and the whole building virtual wealth(sometimes even real $ profit) thing,it's getting old for this genre,for me at least.They play like fuckin MMOs not ARPGs.

I've been drifting back to older games where the goods you buy/trade come from the people that actually conquered a Boss/area and THEY dictated the price of the items/goods.Not some bitch playin Wall StreetIV.

Sorry for my bad,but hey there's still forum trading and the in game chat to spam.that's got be an upside.

Even in early Everquest,the player run and organized Sunday Markets were better value as players kept each others prices in check and as an added plus it bonded the server community as a whole.

Hardcore games communities have devolved over the years,ever since forum traders realized that the market in hardcore gaming is much better.More and more come for the trading and not the playing.

Hell with D3 I even know personally hardcore traders that never stepped a foot into act 2 normal,nevermind inferno hardcore pre patches.

No offense meant to traders.

God I'm full of whine tonight,guess I'll go get some cheese to go with it. lol

Edited the title to match the actual thread and contents.

There will never be an auction house. There will be other trading options, as this thread makes clear in its posts if not its title.

Please do read the entire thread before posting.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 17, 2013, 9:41:04 AM
I guess I am a casual player by the standards of this game's player base. I love playing this game and have a lvl 62 Witch (started in January) despite having a full time job and studying for exams.

When upgrades don't drop for me my friend from work usually bails me out with something nice. (No idea how he got to lvl 75ish with the time we have). However, I also enjoy finding things for myself whether it is a drop or a trade using hard earned currency. But trading in this game is far too time consuming for a player like me.

Yes we have PoE goods but you still have to trawl through it looking for a recent post (more likely to be online). The public stash tabs are music to my ears!!! I would love it if there is one of those green or red dots on the stash tab so you can tell whether the player is online or not so I can jump on to get my godly item :D

Thanks GGG xXx

Can't wait for more news on this.
IGN: Carmy
"
Temper wrote:

Perhaps so, but you're dead right.
"
"
Temper wrote:

Perhaps so, but you're dead right.

I'm guessing that these "hardcore" traders can't be significant amount of the player base. Anyway who cares if they don't take two steps in to Act 2? If they are not enjoying the game that is their loss.

I'm just speaking from watching streams here but I don't think in this game you need lvl 70+ map gear to do lvl 77 maps. This isn't WoW where there is a clear gear progression path to follow in order to get through the game's content and people can skip it by buying gear from content they haven't done themselves.
IGN: Carmy
I'd happily pay for a Public Stash Tab but I honestly think they should provide at least 1 free, otherwise it really is pay to win.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"
I'd happily pay for a Public Stash Tab but I honestly think they should provide at least 1 free, otherwise it really is pay to win.

Yeah, this.

The regular stash tabs are already not nearly enough once you've played for a while, but at least you can technically circumvent that problem by making new characters (and, if needed, a new account).

These public stash tabs will let you do something beneficial that you otherwise wouldn't be able to do, so that pretty much makes it pay to win (no matter how small of a benefit it might be).
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Just a question to anyone reading this: how much *would* you pay for 1 page of public stash space for selling? Personally, I think that you should be able to upgrade your normal stash pages to public, at the cost of 10 GGGold, just like Premium pages. Then they would *also* cost 10 GGGold more to make Premium, so Premium, public stash pages would cost 50 GGGold. At that rate, I would buy many of them, and I think most of the player base would too.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info