Hey Chris... if 500 members post in this thread,

"
Maverickroll wrote:

I say we crowdfund a Diamond Supporter package and everyone that contributes gets a vote in the making of the unique :)

Wow, count me in.

The only problem I see is for the people who spend their vote on attributes that don't win the majority vote and never see the light of Wraeclast (EDIT: This wouldn't bother me personally, but I have a feeling it'd bother at least some).

But no matter which direction GGG runs with this idea (if any) I am (over)board.

Just the fact that Chris posted and said they'd discuss it tomorrow helped a smile sneak out.
IGN Astramor
Last edited by Astramor on Jun 17, 2012, 2:28:37 PM
"
Maverickroll wrote:

I say we crowdfund a Diamond Supporter package and everyone that contributes gets a vote in the making of the unique :)

This is actually interesting as an on-going thing.

If they create a really nice clever way to do the polling, they could auction off the chance to vote in the creation of uniques as they see fit.

For like $1-2 or something you could be 1 of 500 voters able to help decide what traits a new unique will have.

GGG could do this as often as they have extra art assets to use and the time to devote.

They could also put the price point at anything they want... since it's crowd-sourcing they could say $10,000 and still have it only $1 or $2 to vote. This would cut down on the number of people clamoring to be able to vote.

GGG could then maintain a list of all accounts that did vote and provide them with either something small cosmetic or perhaps a page with the item and recognition of all the accounts that participated in creating it.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Firstly, I love that the devs take suggestions like this into consideration! :)

Corwdfunding a diamond package on the other hand would exclude many (probably creative) people that simply don't have the option to buy stuff online, like students, and secondly you can just go do that right now if you want to, nobody is stopping you. Why would GGG make this an official event if you could just collect the money and do the polls yourself? If anything, they should let everyone vote and give suggestions to make a truly community-made item.
"
FoolsGold wrote:
Firstly, I love that the devs take suggestions like this into consideration! :)

Corwdfunding a diamond package on the other hand would exclude many (probably creative) people that simply don't have the option to buy stuff online, like students, and secondly you can just go do that right now if you want to, nobody is stopping you. Why would GGG make this an official event if you could just collect the money and do the polls yourself? If anything, they should let everyone vote and give suggestions to make a truly community-made item.

Simple, make donations to the crowdfund as low as $1, and only contributors to the crowdfund could cast a vote on item type, stats, artwork, etc. That way even folks who don't have a lot of money to spend can at least have a chance at joining in with the community. I'd love to be a Gold or Diamond myself but I just can't afford $250 or $1000 at this time in my life, but toss in $1 or two for a crowdfund unique? I'd be down for that.
"
"
Maverickroll wrote:

I like this idea even better.

That would take a ton of people and organization and would have arguments over how the item goes because theres so many people and people who paid.

At most I think 4 people who wanna put in 250.00 can do this, and ill be happy too do it since im at gold, but I would need 3 willing people to send me there 250.00 share and all agree on who gets to design what. I would be willing too let the 3 people who send me it do all the designing on the item themself since I already get the other package benifits.
"
Chris wrote:
A community-designed-unique would be pretty cool, but 500 people posting in one thread is unnecessary - I'll talk to the guys about it tomorrow and will see whether we can do it.

This idea reminds me of the community design of this MTG card.

Just add in Steam Workshop, so we can make our hats.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Jun 18, 2012, 9:10:08 AM
How about something really unusual, like an item that upgrades the quality of a map?
IGN: Annassassin
"
auLansalot wrote:
How about something really unusual, like an item that upgrades the quality of a map?

Deja vu?
Sweeping Maid
I propose a pair of. Unique gauntlets that disable weapons and off hand items. They provide extreme buffs to physical damage, resistances, and elemental damage. They are gloves for punching monsters to death and still have decent dps. They should be high level. Itd be awesome to see something like this viable in the maelstrom, or new endgame.
STOP THIS MADNESS

Suggestions Forum is for suggestions.

Please restrain yourselves. I know we all have amazing ideas to share, but if you're suggesting a new unique item, put it in the right forum, this thread is discussing the idea of starting a community event, it's not asking to put your item suggestions in here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info