Show us your interesting characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

"
Chris wrote:
Also, if anyone has a good Discharge character, let me know.

Yeah a discharge build would be awesome (or maybe a Righteous Fire build - i would love to see one in action :))
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jun 17, 2012, 8:28:52 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Also, if anyone has a good Discharge character, let me know.

I think you are hitting on the fact that discharge builds would be pretty rare. I was considering making one built around diamond flask and voll's protector (is that the name of the unique armour???).

I think I would be more interested in seeing a Righteous Fire build though. Damn what a mistake it was buying that skill gem.

My build:
Well my build is pretty cookie cutter really. IGN Morgahna. 62 Witch built around mobility and Lightning Strike spam. 3.4k dps lightning strike spam with GMP + Knockback. Mixing it up with item rarity or elemental proliferation gem. This works pretty well because most things don't get near enough to me due to the 0.36 sec attack speed and 36% knockback chance. This can be cast indefinitely due to reduced cost + mana regen, no potions required.

For single targets that aren't going to hit much there is a 6k dps Flicker strike in a 3 link, as I don't have a 4 link to couple it with faster attacks support that I have levelling up on its own.

Mobility comes from whirling blades, that I use as my left button click (lightning strike is right and flicker strike is my Q).

Build makes use of totem + increased duration + summon skeletons when I need a wall of bones between me and whatever wants to kill me. This seems to work well but having the endless supply of skeletons sitting in the way for the meatgrinder does feel like cheating (I have mentioned this before).

There is also an obligatory curse in the build there and a 4 link helm making use of reduced mana cost support gem to allow the auras to be cast allowing the build (oh and thanks for the post patch change to skill %cost reduction not applying to auras skills, took me down to the 2 i am running now).

IGN: Annassassin
"
madmoyo wrote:

2/

Q- You Have almost Half Your Health Reserved !! How u Manage to Stay alive ??( Merciless.Chaos)

S- Due my Build i Have ( Golem's Blood , Troll's Blood ) and Almost Full Health Gear with +70-80 HP) That Allows me To have that amount of HP, And Around 190/225 HP Regen

+ Also i Have Iron Reflexes As u See Wich Convert All Evasion To Armour ( With Grace"*+Inner Force" Iget Around 3000 More Armour )

wich sets my Armour on Total 5-7k Depend on Gear !! With 50% Damage Reduction .

Probably best to not quote damage reduction in this light. Remember how it supposedly works

Reduction = Armour / (Armour + damage from hit x 12)

So even at 7k armour those 500-1000 raw damage hits in Chaos translate into 33-50% reduction, or 250-666 damage per hit or therabouts.
IGN: Annassassin
"
auLansalot wrote:
"
madmoyo wrote:

2/

Q- You Have almost Half Your Health Reserved !! How u Manage to Stay alive ??( Merciless.Chaos)

S- Due my Build i Have ( Golem's Blood , Troll's Blood ) and Almost Full Health Gear with +70-80 HP) That Allows me To have that amount of HP, And Around 190/225 HP Regen

+ Also i Have Iron Reflexes As u See Wich Convert All Evasion To Armour ( With Grace"*+Inner Force" Iget Around 3000 More Armour )

wich sets my Armour on Total 5-7k Depend on Gear !! With 50% Damage Reduction .

Probably best to not quote damage reduction in this light. Remember how it supposedly works

Reduction = Armour / (Armour + damage from hit x 12)

So even at 7k armour those 500-1000 raw damage hits in Chaos translate into 33-50% reduction, or 250-666 damage per hit or therabouts.

Well ya for Chaos they still hit hard , but the fact is my Flicker Strike DPS around 9150 so i got no problem jumping on them with 1hit each !! (but ya i still die in chaos if they gang on me)
I really wish I had a character that was unique enough to even mention :( I've got a boat load of characters ranging from like level 42 to level 12 and in between. But since I'm taking my time and trying to learn the mechanics of some gems, what works with what, I haven't experimented and gotten some wacky build that works.
My turn :)

My last character, Lirahz, is a melee witch (sword and shield). Level 48 at the moment.
I'm using 2 unique items, ephemeral edge and voll's protector.
I combine them with eldritch battery to get tons of mana despite using voll's protector.
I've enough mana to use 4 auras (anger, wrath, grace, and discipline), I could use more but I don't like exploits.
Because of ephemeral edge, discipline gives me a flat 500 mana or so xD.
Thanks to easy access to mana regen and a big mana pool, I don't need any mana flask.
I use elemental hit for single target damage, and cleave with life-on-hit to handle masses. Whirling blades for mobility. Enfeeble for strong ennemies.
A last detail, I'm wearing any kind of defensive gear, because I'm using all 3 defensive stats : shield for mana, and a combination of armor and evasion for defense.
The build is not finished yet, I'm lacking some gems and I need better gear and sockets. But she's doing fine in merciless at least.

I think this build is interesting because you don't often see true melee witches. Besides, I am using 2 uniques that many people would consider useless if not for a caster. Equally, eldritch battery isn't a really popular keystone (I believe).

Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Oh boy, I'd love to see you playing my level 60-ish Iron Man witch. 1 health, no energy shield, Chaos only.

I can't see a character on your account like that at the moment :(

You can see and test mine right now. I made a guide just for you.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
Pass over this for now, it's not built. I'm working on another (less imaginative, but more effective) character at the moment and probably won't be back to this one for a while. It seems someone on the next page posted a similar build anyway. :)

The build below is for my newest character in progress:
Spoiler

HumanTorch. He is an HP-Regen Righteous Fire focused Marauder. The general idea is to curse enemies with Elemental Weakness (and eventually Vulnerability), then run up and use Righteous Fire as long as possible while spamming Ice Nova. I'll be running Molten Shell* and Tempest Shield whenever possible/necessary for a mix of added defense and offense. Additionally, Rejuvenation Totem will help keep me alive.

*I was wondering if Molten Shell would bust from Righteous Fire's damage, but it does not. This makes it more of a defensive tool for the build.

The idea of the build is to be tanky enough to get near enemies, then attempt to burst them down immediately with Righteous Fire's own damage combined with additional spell damage for Ice Nova. I'd use Shock Nova, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the inner circle doing no damage when Righteous Fire has such a small radius. It'd take a bit of practice, but would be doable I imagine. In any case, the supports on it would work either way, so it is easy to swap out.

He will wield a wand + shield for the spell damage and block-chance/armor, respectively.

I considered Purity and Vitality, but decided they will eat up too much mana (40% reserves each, before reduced mana passives/gem). If possible, I may add them in the future.

I also considered dropping the points for Golem's Blood into something else, like Energy Shield, but figured if I hit 1500+ HP (which seems doable), an additional 45+ HP-Regen/second is nothing to sneeze at, whereas any additional energy shield would probably be burned away almost instantly by Righteous Fire, due to the exorbitant amounts of HP.
------------------

Righteous Fire Marauder (HumanTorch):

107 PT Build (Level 100 with Oak HP Bonuses):

67 PT Build (Level 60 with Oak HP Bonuses):

Ideal Skill Setup:

Spoiler

Body Piece:
Ice Nova
-Iron Will
-Concentrated Effect
-Faster Casting
-Life Leech
-Increased AoE
+
Helm/Boots/Gloves:
Tempest Shield
Vulnerability*
Elemental Weakness:
-Reduced Mana Cost (all together)
+
Helm/Boots/Gloves:
Molten Shell:
-Increased Duration
-Chance to Ignite
-Life Leech
+
Other:
Righteous Fire:
+
Rejuvenation Totem
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 3, 2012, 4:45:03 PM
"
"HumanTorch"

New character I'm working on as a Righteous Fire "tank." Will edit in a detailed post similar to my TotemTemplar post when I get to work on this (tomorrow probably).

Be sure to read the skill feedback on Righteous Fire.
You're going to want a purity (3% all max resists), the max resist increase passives, and ruby flasks otherwise you'll die in melee far too quick. Also, any increases to the damage output (Pyromaniac, mainly) will also increase the damage you do to yourself.

I tried that build out until level 40 and was already running into problems, but maybe you can do it better.

The much more reasonable Righteous Fire build is on-low-life, with base life (no passives) and a metric fuckton of eshield (as well as all the resist stuff). This lets you burn for 20+s, all the while you're blasting stuff down with Freezing Pulse, Shock, etc.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
"HumanTorch"

New character I'm working on as a Righteous Fire "tank." Will edit in a detailed post similar to my TotemTemplar post when I get to work on this (tomorrow probably).

Be sure to read the skill feedback on Righteous Fire.
You're going to want a purity (3% all max resists), the max resist increase passives, and ruby flasks otherwise you'll die in melee far too quick. Also, any increases to the damage output (Pyromaniac, mainly) will also increase the damage you do to yourself.

I tried that build out until level 40 and was already running into problems, but maybe you can do it better.

The much more reasonable Righteous Fire build is on-low-life, with base life (no passives) and a metric fuckton of eshield (as well as all the resist stuff). This lets you burn for 20+s, all the while you're blasting stuff down with Freezing Pulse, Shock, etc.

I've definitely been doing my research on Righteous Fire. About to start working on the skill tree/planned gems. I'm still debating whether to go HP+Regen or ES. There are benefits to both; HP+Regen has far more damage and is more flask-dependant - I'd build the character as a one-hand + shield marauder. ES, on the other hand, allows for longer burn time (though less damage) and is suited more towards spellcasting. It is not as flask dependant and is probably the "safer" option. It would make more use of the increased spell damage than the burning damage.

Personally, I've always liked HP+Regen builds, so that's what I'll probably aim for. If I find it's not working, I'll give ES a go.

EDIT: Think I've got a way worked out to do HP-Regen and utilize the spellcasting. Very excited about this build!
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 18, 2012, 2:35:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info