Show us your interesting characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

June 16: Video #1
June 23: Video #2
June 30: Video #3
July 6: Video #4
July 14: Video #5
July 22: Video #6

We're going to start a series of small YouTube videos where we play for five minutes on characters that players have submitted. We'll comment on what makes the character's build special, and hopefully fit in some behind the scenes discussion of whether we intended the skills to be abused in that specific way.

Our intention with this series is to provide some extra entertainment for the community and to help encourage players to create interesting builds so that they can be featured by us. Don't worry about it slowing down our development speed - we already play your characters in the evenings and weekends to learn about the metagame :P

Please submit the name of any character on your account that you'd like to see featured. A quick explanation of what makes its build special would be appreciated. We'll pick from them pretty arbitrarily (looking for really interesting builds that do things in unusual ways). Depending on the number of submissions, there's no guarantee that you'll be featured but thanks very much for the time spent submitting it.

We have copies of everyone's characters on our local servers here in the office. They are backed up from the Beta servers at 2am New Zealand time, so make sure that the character was in the state that you want to demonstrate at the last backup.

Also, we're looking for name suggestions for the YouTube series. It'll run on our existing "grindinggear" YouTube channel. Obvious names like "Nerf This" are already in use by popular webcomics and such :P

Edit: Please spread the word among the other players who don't read the forum often :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jul 23, 2012, 12:00:12 AM
Chris check out my awesome 1 day build on my siggnature (Weekend beta build) and it was pretty effect on taking out large group of enemies for any newbies that just start playing.

Even through I haven't touch the game ever since i start playing Age of Empire online after the long weekend beta was over.. The trading there is just so addicting but this game still have my loving when it come to making build :D

Check my build if you're interested and i believe i was the first to make up with such awesome build for a starting character.

jk =P

Link is on my signature.
A big thank you to Gari11 for the beta key! <3 on 4/13/2012

My video review and build if anyone interestd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbgrcYkpPdw

Last edited by jsnazz on Jun 14, 2012, 10:00:15 PM
How about 'legacy' chars?
ign: Ron
"
Alegor wrote:
How about 'legacy' chars?

That's a good question. Sure, go for it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Xomurai

Legacy Ranger which I've kept around, and my favorite for the longest time. Nothin' but Flicker Strike. Was a fan of 8 max Frenzy charges when that was possible. The other skills are just used to trudge through Chaos in vain, but most the game she was played by popping Blood Rage and holding right-click.

I doubt it's as fancy as other Flicker Strike builds, but I love her so. :P

EDIT: Should mention I've two auras off the skillbar. Is toggling an aura then hiding it intended? I sure hope so, because passive skills on a limited skillbar really suck.

EDIT 2: Aww... I haven't played this char in awhile, but it's still so entertaining. Having your health drop to 5%, then leech it all back. I usually ignore the Grace aura as it takes up so much mana.

EDIT 3: Build for whoever's curious.
Last edited by Squidgyxombie on Jun 14, 2012, 9:10:04 PM
Chris I guess I could submit my lightning strike witch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTVCwrmtuyY&feature=g-upl

She's called EnragedSeaCucumber!

Shorter video with better music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZREskP8KvKA&list=UUtSdQOIozy7esRlkFZh0HHg&index=5&feature=plcp
Last edited by TinyAngryCrab on Jun 14, 2012, 9:09:29 PM
Evo: cross-class ranger, uses most valuable skills from other classes
Über DOT/AOE: PA- with all bonuses, about 10s- able to posion the whole visible area with few shots
Boosted Elemental hit, against a single target
Minions with Minion instability, for tanking and exploding
Increased buffs and debuffs
Hard to kill: diamond skin line, heavy armored (Iron reflexes)
Many other skills, from Maruder, Templar and Duelist
Able to use any skill or weapon/armor
SHOULD use decoy totem, but it's abandoned legacy char..
ign: Ron
Char name: Seymore
League: Default
Specialty: I believe this toon is special because he as templar utilizes the totem support gem with ice spears in an attempt to create a feel of the d2 trapsin, (i.e fire and watch/run/support repeat) one of my favorite builds from that particular game. He then supports the two ice spear chucking totems with freezing pulse to defend the totems from monsters who get up close and personal. This build is very effective at taking out rare monsters, especially when cursed with elemental weakness. I had a lot of fun with it up to level 50 in merciless so far.
Zed's dead baby. Zed's Dead.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/35331

^ Take a look at GGG's new youtube segment which, features submitted player characters. This is a weekly segment where I was actually featured!!!
Oh boy, I'd love to see you playing my level 60-ish Iron Man witch. 1 health, no energy shield, Chaos only.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Oh boy, I'd love to see you playing my level 60-ish Iron Man witch. 1 health, no energy shield, Chaos only.

I can't see a character on your account like that at the moment :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info