(June 16/17) Hardcore Ladder Race with more prizes.

Will try to stay alive this week :-)
IGN @dime
Inflation is the reason that are rewards were token at best in the past, but I'd really like to see what happens if the rewards make it worth the time for people who aren't competitive. At least it can be wiped away when we enter Open Beta.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Sweet I will be there. Hopefully get some lucky drops and make 28.
RIP Bolto
Im really bad at trading (might be because there is no trading system implemented yet though), I havent even used any of my currency orbs from events. They are just sitting there in my HC stash. I figure anything rarer than a chaos orb isnt worth using on my low level items, but I havent played to 50+ yet

Event time AEST
7:00 AM Sunday, June 17, 2012

7am again? Is this the new favourite time?
"
Metronomy wrote:
7:00 AM Sunday, June 17, 2012

7am again? Is this the new favourite time?[/spoiler]

I know, I used to lie in on Sundays also :(

Due to daylight savings, it's the latest we can really go without ruling out Europe, while still allowing Australians who are super keen to take part. Sorry!

Soon we'll have more events per week at different times.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
So all I need to do is get online at 9:00 AM NZ time and create character in the normal hardcore server? Or is there a special server for the race?
Thanks Chris

I believe this Paragraph should encourage a LOT of people to take part in the event. It is the MOST positive step, taken yet, to encourage participation.

"
Chris wrote:

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
In this event, players win prizes for being alive at certain levels at the end of the event. If you reach one of these thresholds and die, you will not receive these prizes. Multiple characters on the same account can receive prizes if they are still alive at the following thresholds.

GMT+2
It will be 11:00 PM Saturday, June 16, 2012

PS. Chris - Please do something about the Active numbers. We're down to the low 200's during GMT+2 Office hours and they certainly are not in HC. :(
I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Jun 15, 2012, 1:05:56 AM
"
So all I need to do is get online at 9:00 AM NZ time and create character in the normal hardcore server? Or is there a special server for the race?

When you create the character, pick the special league from the list. It's not the normal hardcore league.

"
Coldet wrote:

PS. Chris - Please do something about the Active numbers. We're down to the low 200's during GMT+2 Office hours and they certainly are not in HC. :(

Concurrency is going to be a bit low until we launch Open Beta. Many players are waiting until their items stick before they play more (so that they're not grinding for no reason).

We have a lot of plans up our sleeve to increase the number of visitors and active players over the next few months. Three major patches before Open Beta, two beta weekends planned, a huge announcement that I'm about to post a teaser for in a few minutes, etc, etc.
I have to say that I'm not really interested in currency items at all, no matter many I get, since I don't build character at the end of the closed beta that use them in any way.
It's nice to get them of course, but it's no motivation for me to do these ladder races. Rather testing my limits and the hope to stay alive until the end to get the amulet.
So I somehow doubt that currently is a good time to analyze player behaviour for varying race prizes.

But I will be able to take part again, and this week I will play completely different than on my first try :)
Won't these "surviving" prizes take away from the point of these events, ie. racing?

At the least I think the prizes for the lower levels should be worse, so that the place prizes are relatively better. Maybe for next time:

Level 18-19: 5 random currency items
Level 16-17: 4 random currency items
Level 14-15: 3 random currency items
Level 12-13: 2 random currency items
Level 10-11: 1 random currency item

Maybe once you can schedule more events you can have separate events for surviving and racing, if this isn't already planned.

Anyway, a presumptuous post from me since we haven't even had one of these types of events yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info