Season Two, Event 46: 1 Month Party

I'm going to aim for level 60 and call it a day. 60 points for 94? xD. I wish I were that good. I'd probably be top 20 on the HC ladder if I retired my char at 94, lol.
"
I did 94 in 22d of /played

My first thought was "I don't think it's possible under 18d" but considering the number of hours of inactivity, slacking & whining I spend in town it's probably doable within 15d if you maintain 75+maps and farm efficiently.

I've done 90 in 10d and both I and the team I was in was far from efficient. If people go in with a dedicated team, specs and schedule, I can see it happening. Probably won't be part of it though.

22 days played does not equal 30 days. IF you are stating that as possible in a 30 day race the person would have to play 17+ hours a day for 30 days straight. I don't even think kripp does that.

The 10 days is more feasible as its only 8 hours a day for 30 days which is something a streamer doing this as a full time job could accomplish.
I don't think most people understands the real key to winning these races.

Get a dedicated team of 18 (likely impossible) or just 3 for solo (very possible) and have each person play that character when the other two (or 12 for the group) aren't.

In other words, I would play for 8 hours and baton pass the character to my friend who would baton pass it to the next person who would baton pass it back to me.

Rinse, repeat.

I'd call that cheating, but that's how people win the longer races. People play more than Krip (12 hours a day at least, 18 at most) by 50%!!!, as he mentioned in his latest video as of this posting.

He mentions that's what people likely do who play more than him. They don't do better in the race, but they do play more and get farther than they would if they didn't.
Last edited by TremorAcePV on Apr 24, 2013, 2:44:25 AM
Hey guys. Might be a wrong channel to looking for a team for that race, but hook me up. Have VOIPs and i am a dedicated player and valuable asset to the team!
I was looking forward to this race, until they posted the info.
I suspect the population count will be extremely low for this race as Neverwinter Open Beta goes live the day this starts; I know myself and many others have been dying to sink our teeth into a new MMO. With this reward base there is pretty much zero incentive for me to grind out a high level character. I absolutely love the hardcore nature of PoE but the devs are constantly making the carrot smaller at a stage where it should be giant, shiny and juicy :(
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
"
infinityinc wrote:
I suspect the population count will be extremely low for this race as Neverwinter Open Beta goes live the day this starts; I know myself and many others have been dying to sink our teeth into a new MMO. With this reward base there is pretty much zero incentive for me to grind out a high level character. I absolutely love the hardcore nature of PoE but the devs are constantly making the carrot smaller at a stage where it should be giant, shiny and juicy :(

This is a good thing for those who will participate.

Get a Witch. Get to level 50. Be in top 100. Boo ya. Maybe get near top of class.
"
TremorAcePV wrote:

Get a Witch. Get to level 50. Be in top 100. Boo ya. Maybe get near top of class.

Cmon, do that, pls and enjoy your ZERO points. It's hard to read, right?

Unlike most, I have expirience partticipating in a 1 month race, ye it was in default but I did a top10 finish playin like 10-12 hours a day on average. And what I can say I'd never ever get through this shit again, things get so repetative and boring in the last 10 days it just sucks big times, and when it was finally over I feeled so drained, and found no real point in the game anymore. But I suppose for some 12h+ a day of boring and repetative maps is what they do anyway...

Only point I see anyone would join in this is gettin lvl 60 and beeing in the lottery.
That was my 2 cents.
I'll probably give this one a go just to try out a new build and for the extra storage. My highest level ever is 54 so it certainly won't be for the season points.
should do a 1 year race..
winner gets koams hearth and the big demi price
ign thisiseplaner

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info