Season Two, Event 46: 1 Month Party

I am looking for a solid group of players for the 1 month. I have lots of good racers/mappers on my friend list so between whoever I find on here and them or maybe an entirely new party. I normally play ranger in races, but in a 1 month it won't matter very much so this is negotiable. I plan on hitting 80 min and more depending on how good the group I am in is.
83 in 2ish weeks was my best, and I work 10+ hours a day and am a single parent. Those saying the point rewards are unfair must really not play more than a few hours a week.
My only issue with race rewards is that the top points are claimed by the same people, people who are able to play more hours then us folks with an actual job. The gap between the top players and myself the average player is MASSIVE.

I do no expect to win any race, and I dont expect to finish season 2 with 1000 points without participation in ALL races. What I would like is to be able to gain enough points for one of the lower items - 360 for tabula rosa would be nice.

Lets just say I hit 70 in the month race , yay 8 points .... , even rewarding me 80 points is putting me no where near for one months commitment, mean while the winner gets 260 points, rightly so but does this make the reward ladder TOO exclusive?

I understand that the reward points have a curve like this so that rerolling and leveling to initial rewards is not as efficient but there are those of us who would like to stand some chance of items only part way into the system.

How about flattening the curve for reward points and balancing that with only rewarding points to the highest level character on that account in that race.

I thinke the Rewards for this Kind of Race are quiet hard to make up and quite reasonable as the are now. In the End Week or Month Races for me are more ore less some Kind of Ladder Reset for new Chars & Way more a Fun Thing than Competition for good Rewards looking at the Time/Worth-Equation.
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
"
ryster wrote:
I understand that the reward points have a curve like this so that rerolling and leveling to initial rewards is not as efficient but there are those of us who would like to stand some chance of items only part way into the system.

So if you have two characters do you get the points for both? That could be quite interesting, then.

If level 75 is your limit, for example, you're probably going to get 18 points (assuming you're somewhere in the top 200 but outside of the top 50). I've never got that far, but the current no. 1 got to level 60 in 18h and to level 75 in roughly 37 hours. If you stopped at 60 (or a bit more if that's not good enough for top 500 and 8 points) and started again, you'd also do it much quicker the second time, assuming you stashed your gear as you went along. Going at the same rate you might have two level 60 characters in 32 hours, for 16 points. It would also be less risky.

Of course, this doesn't apply to the folks who are competitive for the top spots and the high levels, but for the second and third tier players (who are all several tiers above me, I should add) it could be an interesting alternative.
I love these longer races (weekly+monthly). They bring back the feeling of D2 ladder resets.

Hope we get to see a weekly cutthroat too.
If anyone is interested and wants to join my group i have currently no players. Im looking for serious competitive teammates. hit me with a PM if interested ill give you my TS info
I do cross-league trading, You are first unless your join date is earlier then mine
GGG Be more realistic please, You're being sorta bullshit.
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
I don't think most people understands the real key to winning these races.

Get a dedicated team of 18 (likely impossible) or just 3 for solo (very possible) and have each person play that character when the other two (or 12 for the group) aren't.

In other words, I would play for 8 hours and baton pass the character to my friend who would baton pass it to the next person who would baton pass it back to me.

Rinse, repeat.

I'd call that cheating, but that's how people win the longer races. People play more than Krip (12 hours a day at least, 18 at most) by 50%!!!, as he mentioned in his latest video as of this posting.

He mentions that's what people likely do who play more than him. They don't do better in the race, but they do play more and get farther than they would if they didn't.

Well, Kripp has the advantage of being able to get any item he needs at a discount. All he has to do is mention on stream what he needs and someone will offer him one. This is huge because clear speed is the most important thing in a race.
"
iamsamsara wrote:
83 in 2ish weeks was my best, and I work 10+ hours a day and am a single parent. Those saying the point rewards are unfair must really not play more than a few hours a week.

Getting to 83 in 2 weeks isnt the problem. Its the fact that you can do shorter races(1hour-3hour) for a week and get more points than a month race. Whats the point of dedicating a month to something where you can get way more points by just doing all the other races?

To put this in perspective: Kripparrian has 300+ points right now and the races started last week. 1week/month races are just not worth it if you are strictly going for points

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info