All problems and strategies this and previous league were caused by Magic Find - time to remove it

I think you could make an argument for removing IIQ from all gear slots and keeping IIR as I see no harm in unique hunting. Without the added quantity it'd be far less impactful and it seems much more manageable
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

It's okay to think that MFing isn't a problem, it's just my opinion that the most iconic item of the game shouldn't be 15 divines on the 2nd week of the league.

This is GGG's fault. MF in balanced leagues doesnt do this. When I played MF in crucible, even at the end of the league HH was still 60-80 divines.

The fact is that GGG massively dropped the ball on this league. They completely changed end game and people immediately found extremely broken strategies that ruined the economy for the entire league at this point.

We are all beta testing these end game changes, thats it. This was not ready for public release.
"
Waitn4D4 wrote:
We are all beta testing these end game changes, thats it. This was not ready for public release.
This is exactly why it was ready for public release. You let your playerbase test changes and then balance accordingly for the next league. As for the "ruined economy", there is a soft reset every 3 to 4 months. Literally no one cared in Affliction but suddenly it is a problem. Right.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
I think you could make an argument for removing IIQ from all gear slots and keeping IIR as I see no harm in unique hunting. Without the added quantity it'd be far less impactful and it seems much more manageable

Indeed quantity is what breaks the game at around between 60 to 100 with the back to basics strats you will see the maps dropping insane amounts of loot with scarabs without quant multipliers its still good but not as multiplicative resulting in giant discrepancies especially when combined with league mechanics.

TLDR: Quant shoule have been removed as a stat long time ago as it causes real balance issues for the economy. Also i dislike the aspect that there is no real power trade off since Headhunter and a party support will carry a otherwise really weak build hard and act as another poassive multiplier.
"
zzang wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Indeed quantity is what breaks the game at around between 60 to 100 with the back to basics strats you will see the maps dropping insane amounts of loot with scarabs without quant multipliers its still good but not as multiplicative resulting in giant discrepancies especially when combined with league mechanics.

TLDR: Quant shoule have been removed as a stat long time ago as it causes real balance issues for the economy. Also i dislike the aspect that there is no real power trade off since Headhunter and a party support will carry a otherwise really weak build hard and act as another poassive multiplier.

Excellent ACTUAL feedback right here. I also conceded in a previous post that IIQ is the greater of two evils, and becomes more damaging as OTHER things combine. It isn't ridiculous on its own, but combine it with everything else the game has to offer and it absolutely IS a problem.

Quant really should have been removed...when they removed quant support and prefixes way way way way way back in the day. I'm not totally sure WHY they didn't tbh. Clearly they saw the issue, but.....blew their load halfway through the fix? Although that is CLASSIC GGG

A completely separate argument could be made (and I AGREE) that HH / Mageblood / similar have effectively destroyed ALL aspects of the game, from mf to build diversity to defenses to monster strength to clear speed to <insert anything here>. Great that its an iconic item, great that MB is now on nearly equal footing in terms of iconicity, BUT its time to legacy these broken pieces of development trash.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 17, 2024, 4:18:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info