All problems and strategies this and previous league were caused by Magic Find - time to remove it

Quant/rarity on gear is an outdated concept in ARPGs. MAP quant and rarity should be what scales rewards. Rollable invitations already have this problem solved. T17s sort of have this problem solved now if player MF didn't apply - you get stupid mods like Union of Souls you get better rewards.

Party quant is fine. I think it's 3.5x multiplicative quant for 6 people which sounds fair to me.

Proposed Fixes:
Quant - only applies to raw currency or only to div cards.

Rarity - only increases rarity chance up to rare. Could still be valuable with conversion mechanics or temp league mechanics.
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:
They shouldn't and very likely will not remove magic find. It is nice having options. Other than fomo I don't see any real problems here.

Group mf is the reason trade is destroyed every league

I'd say the main reason is the culler. If party play was a duo with an aurabot, it'd be whatever. A culler needs no damage or life though and can easily double your solo MFers rarity/quant.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Holy crap.

I've been saying it for like 8 years but a topic where majority agree???
Meta farming stats and skill don't belong in any game with RPG mechanics.

Do I dare say Movement Speed on boots is redundant?
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
welll......legitimate problems aside.....

"all problems and strategies this" league are totally unrelated to mf. Like almost completely. They are abuses of non-mf mechanic relationships, including the new allflames, the atlas passive tree, and juice. Not one of the nerfed / erased "strategies" had any form of added mf beneath it.

Same thing with last league....the problem wasn't the mf gear. The problem was the underlying mechanic. People with zero mf gear were popping hundreds of divines, t0 uniques, etc. just straight from the bonuses associated with wisps and abusing Abyss and other mechanics.

Before blanket complaining about a mechanic, which for sure needs legitimate adjustments, perhaps get the facts right? Not all lootsplosions you see on streamer vids are "aghhhhhhhh mf!!!!!!"
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 15, 2024, 9:54:35 PM
I'm a new POE player, but I do see similar problems in other games as well (group party bonuses) which I think should not be a thing.

As for magic find I find it really useful in SSF as a solo player, as we give up other affixes to get a chance at more/better loot drops which I think is a fair mechanic...I mean it's still hard for loot drops in SSF even with MF anyway.

So I know most people play trade league but there are some of us in SSF and removing MF there would be pretty sad.
Why do meatsacks drop 50 uniques for mf group players? This league is so much worse than Affliction. At least in Affliction you could get rich doing any strategy.
"
SnapshotPOE wrote:
I'm a new POE player, but I do see similar problems in other games as well (group party bonuses) which I think should not be a thing.

As for magic find I find it really useful in SSF as a solo player, as we give up other affixes to get a chance at more/better loot drops which I think is a fair mechanic...I mean it's still hard for loot drops in SSF even with MF anyway.

So I know most people play trade league but there are some of us in SSF and removing MF there would be pretty sad.

The thing is that it's really not because it's impossible to balance.

If you make content too hard, then casuals can't play. If you make content too easy, then half the player base will be with MF items, getting literally 10x more loot than the players who don't MF.

If MF players truly weren't able to do maps above let's say Tier 10, then it would be fair, but that is far from what the reality is. MF builds right now can farm fully juiced full of thousands of ghosted unique monster maps in T17 - solo.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
All these strategies which spit out billions of Magebloods and Divines would have been 10x less effect on the market if there wasn't additional 100% increased loot amount + 200% increased rarity modifiers oversaturating the economy in just a few days.

Last league was the same thing. Wisps were probably fine, but what took it overboard was the additional 5xing the loot from MF gear.

Instead of making strong builds that gimp themselves be rewarded; make it so that just strong builds get rewarded, and players who play strictly for the economy don't have to burn themselves out playing the same shit for the 10th league in a row.

No. MF is as old as the game, if you don't like MF then do something else for money. It is a myth that you can't make money without MF, just watch Empyriangaming for example to find ideas.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
All these strategies which spit out billions of Magebloods and Divines would have been 10x less effect on the market if there wasn't additional 100% increased loot amount + 200% increased rarity modifiers oversaturating the economy in just a few days.

Last league was the same thing. Wisps were probably fine, but what took it overboard was the additional 5xing the loot from MF gear.

Instead of making strong builds that gimp themselves be rewarded; make it so that just strong builds get rewarded, and players who play strictly for the economy don't have to burn themselves out playing the same shit for the 10th league in a row.

Also have you considered that maybe they are actually strong builds?
"
Ayxera wrote:

No. MF is as old as the game, if you don't like MF then do something else for money. It is a myth that you can't make money without MF, just watch Empyriangaming for example to find ideas.

"
Ayxera wrote:

Also have you considered that maybe they are actually strong builds?

1) Being old doesn't make it good or correct.
2) Having a strong build doesn't change the fact that a strong build with MF is always going to be better than just a strong build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info