• Level 56: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 50-55: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 39-49: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 32-38: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 28-31: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 25-27: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 15-24: 1 Reward Point

That 6 point bracket spans 10 levels...
To me, these brackets seem rather poorly divided. Has there been any discussion about adding an extra tier for these longer races? For example, you could add an 8 point reward tier to better spread out the level rewards instead of cramming them all into the 6 point slot. It seems ridiculous that one person can get the same amount of points as some one 10 levels above them. And at the 6 point tier no less, the 3rd highest tier there is.

I love these long party races since there are so few of them but the reward points are a bit odd.

they should give every level a point, and then make the seasonal rewards just require more points, that way each level higher gains you something.
and it would also directly even out that some races are more beneficial time wise then others, it would cut a straight line trough all races being equally beneficial

tougher races with mods that make them more hard, could have increased quest, clear and top-placed rewards in order to compensate for their increased difficulty
IGN: Artimunor
Last edited by Artimunor on Apr 28, 2013, 8:54:39 AM
I think I am going to make 10 lvl 15's and get my 10 points the easy way.
I'm looking for a party for the 8 hour race party =[ gonna make a fire witch!

Pm me FearedBySummons of reply here please :)

I have skype/Team Speak/ Ventrillo.

I speak English and Dutch.

Pm me pl0x ^^ I'm an experienced player!
I do agree that the Brackets are al littel strange, just because there should be some kind of even Variance of the Points, going from bigger Bracktes for the lower 8easy Level to small Bracktes at the Top. Especially at the higher Ranks it shoulbe 'I push it to the Limit because ever Leveler (or next Level) there is a new Goal to rach'.

"
Morsexier wrote:
How has no one talked about the fact that a 12 minute turbo awards the same amount of points as an 8 hour race.

This should award at least 20-25 points for the 56+ bracket.

GGG always stated that there is no Relation of Race-Lenght and the Worth of the Reward Points beacause if You would do so the longer the Race the more You would have to do it ... and that's not the Way it should be. Nobody should feel forced to do the Week/Month/8h-Races.

Besides the Brackets I do really like the Reward-System at the Moment.
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
"
hrafnain wrote:
"
Lekwid wrote:
You can only get points on one character.

You get points for each char in a race, which reaches a specified limit (i.e. char_one lvl 8 = 1 point, char_two lvl 11 = 3 points, there is 4 point per race).
And you can share items in stash.

It's a good thing we have a consensus on how it works... =/
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Was fun while it lasted. Desync sure is the hardest monster affix there is, hope one day they'll be able to fix it.
IGN: DevoC
So not my week/month/season, suffer from a combination of bad luck, overconfidence and pushing it to hard on the edge and end up dying as a result, some times my own fault, some times totally out of my control due to desync or similar flaws.

Died in pyramid to extra crit and frost damage skellys buffed by increased physical totem and just couldn't be arsed to re-roll, the random participation rewards are so heavily skewed in distribution that they usually end up with the top players anyway and there is no milestone points that you get to keep even if you push it to the limit and die (think 1-2 points for reaching act 2/3 for example).

Edit:

The reward structure should look something like this instead (in my opinion obviously):

Prize for reaching specific level and staying alive:

Level 25: 2 Reward Points

Prizes for reaching specific goals:

Act 2: 2 Reward Points
Act 3: 2 Reward Points

This is just an example and can be more complex with additions for full quest clears and such, the point being that you score points no matter if you live or die and as such the time you put in is never a complete waste unless you die before the first milestone, at which point you generally have plenty of time to re-roll.

Also the random item rewards should be capped at a set number of tickets you can get to make it less of an extra reward for the top 20 players and more of a participation incentive.

Note: This was just of the top of my head and as such can be flawed or seem like it's not well thought through, as it isn't, take it for what it is and I hope it makes sense anyway.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Apr 28, 2013, 4:22:00 PM
It would be cool if you got to keep your points for the race if you died after reaching said milestone. It would motivate me to keep pushing on and would give me better practice.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
lvl 18, too bored to do more and I need sleep.

1 point get, 9 in total
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 28, 2013, 4:56:32 PM
Fun race.
I was planning just on level 32 but I found a nice party all the way and ended up level 45, #15 overall, 2º shadow (only Kripparian better lol), and farming western cruel in a public game.

Thanks to all the guys I played with during this 8 hours (both alive and death ones), it was a pleasure.

WHy, omg, why Kripparian, did you decide to make Shadow? You stole my Demigod!!! hehehe :-P

My crap gear:
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 28, 2013, 6:05:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info