Season Two, Event 36: 8 Hour Party

How has no one talked about the fact that a 12 minute turbo awards the same amount of points as an 8 hour race.

This should award at least 20-25 points for the 56+ bracket.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
How has no one talked about the fact that a 12 minute turbo awards the same amount of points as an 8 hour race.

+1000
Signed: Geldric, scribe of Oriath
Looking for an solid group - skype,mumble,ts available.
Probably gonna go Cleave templar, Ek Witch, or Roa/La Ranger. (Depends on the Group)

PM ME or add me ingame: KimEtti_trade
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
"
asdfman wrote:
point brackets are quite strange!

the gigantic 39-49 bracket will probably make 95% of people stop at 39

Agreed, anyone tried to roll more than one character in a race to see if you get points for both? ;)

Perhaps Qarl can enlighten us if he swings by.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Redblade wrote:
"
asdfman wrote:

Agreed, anyone tried to roll more than one character in a race to see if you get points for both? ;)

You can only get points on one character.
"
Morsexier wrote:

I saw this post in the 30 minute lethal race:

"
Qarl wrote:
"
Khy wrote:
You have to come to the conclusion that Qarl just wants to frustrate or preclude all the casuals and even the middle tier players from the races. The majority of the non "No-Life players" will be fed up with racing pretty soon. In season two there are absolutely brainsick requirements just to make some little points.

That certainly is not the intention. There may be changes to point thresholds from week three of the season, but I am keen to see responses to these races.

One highly requested feature was that race rewards had more reflection to the length of races. Do you think as many points should be rewarded in a 30 minute race as a 3 hour race or a one week race?

I'm not sure if he was looking for an answer or if it was a rhetorical question but apparently, no matter the length of the race, the points are pretty much the same. In fact, it seems that it is more efficient to do the shorter races since the longer ones award basically the same amount of points but take much longer. So in terms of time spent vs points, shorter races are the way to go.

The week race was not worth it in terms of points and the month race will certainly not be worth it either. The direction these races are taking is very confusing.
"
Lekwid wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
asdfman wrote:

You can only get points on one character.

You get points for each char in a race, which reaches a specified limit (i.e. char_one lvl 8 = 1 point, char_two lvl 11 = 3 points, there is 4 point per race).
And you can share items in stash.
=*v*=
Last edited by hrafnain on Apr 28, 2013, 5:12:27 AM
"
hrafnain wrote:

You get points for each char in a race, which reaches a specified limit (i.e. char_one lvl 8 = 1 point, char_two lvl 11 = 3 points, there is 4 point per race).
And you can share items in stash.

Any proofs this is true? Anyone?
Closed beta member since 0.9.10f - 22nd of june 2012.
Common game knowledge says "only highest character gets points". I guess it's been tested.
@SeriousSneaky
Darkshrines : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1468154
"
Morsexier wrote:

I agree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info