Season Two, Event 35: 30 Minute Lethal Solo

This is a Lethal Race, all the monsters will hit harder, and with additional elemental damage.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about Race Season Two, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point


Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 12: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 11: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 10: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 9: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 8: 1 Reward Point


Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

  • Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points


Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

  • Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points


Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:

  • Alternate Art Karui Ward Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Shiversting Unique Item (6 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Onyx Amulet Item (4 available to be won)
sig04
prizes for cruel difficulty in 30 min? it's impossible,
GGG is high, using only copy-paste
"
Qarl wrote:
This is a Lethal Race, all the monsters will hit harder, and with additional elemental damage.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 12: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 11: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 10: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 9: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 8: 1 Reward Point



The cruel mistake is one thing, but I think the reward point structure is way more terrible.
Level 8. In 30 minutes. In a lethal race.
That is the lowest threshold...?

You have to come to the conclusion that Qarl just wants to frustrate or preclude all the casuals and even the middle tier players from the races. The majority of the non "No-Life players" will be fed up with racing pretty soon. In season two there are absolutely brainsick requirements just to make some little points.

This is how you want to hold or even grow your player base...?
I think it's a awesome reward system. Makes it very competitive.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
"
I think it's a awesome reward system. Makes it very competitive.


I don't think "competitive" means what you think it means.
"
Completed 1 ChallengeKhy wrote:
You have to come to the conclusion that Qarl just wants to frustrate or preclude all the casuals and even the middle tier players from the races. The majority of the non "No-Life players" will be fed up with racing pretty soon. In season two there are absolutely brainsick requirements just to make some little points.


That certainly is not the intention. There may be changes to point thresholds from week three of the season, but I am keen to see responses to these races.

One highly requested feature was that race rewards had more reflection to the length of races. Do you think as many points should be rewarded in a 30 minute race as a 3 hour race or a one week race?
sig04
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Completed 1 ChallengeKhy wrote:
You have to come to the conclusion that Qarl just wants to frustrate or preclude all the casuals and even the middle tier players from the races. The majority of the non "No-Life players" will be fed up with racing pretty soon. In season two there are absolutely brainsick requirements just to make some little points.


That certainly is not the intention. There may be changes to point thresholds from week three of the season, but I am keen to see responses to these races.

One highly requested feature was that race rewards had more reflection to the length of races. Do you think as many points should be rewarded in a 30 minute race as a 3 hour race or a one week race?


Of course they should.
I think the better questions is why shouldn't they have different point scales?

Invest 8 minutes, or invest a week......same reward? Never understood why this was the case in the first place. I don't think it needs to be a huge difference, but if I spend an hour and get 3 points, I dont think it's completely out of line to spend 3 hours and get maybe 6-8.

One issue of course would be the season award tiers, but I'd rather see those adjusted to cost more points per award....in exchange for points fairly distributed for the time spent.

Obvious problem will be the top ranked people getting multiplicitively more points for a long-race win, but you should be able to come up with a smart point system to compensate. (Obvious thing is to stop massively rewarding the top 20 players who get top 20, level tier points, higher chance at uniques, most of the bonus points each race, as the rest of us scrape for 1-4 points, if the gap from the top 2% and the rest of us wasnt so massive, increasing points for longer races wouldnt be so bad)

I know me personally 3 hours is a huge commitment for me, with a family of 4, so if I can spare 3 hours to sit and play, I'd like more than 1-4 points......which is about alls I average.

I don't play more than the 90 minute races specifically for that reason. If I am going to race, I want the most for my time, so playing any more than 90 minutes is a giant waste of time for me.
Last edited by Litheum on April 25, 2013 2:12 AM
"
Completed 1 ChallengeKhy wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
This is a Lethal Race, all the monsters will hit harder, and with additional elemental damage.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 12: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 11: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 10: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 9: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 8: 1 Reward Point



The cruel mistake is one thing, but I think the reward point structure is way more terrible.
Level 8. In 30 minutes. In a lethal race.
That is the lowest threshold...?

You have to come to the conclusion that Qarl just wants to frustrate or preclude all the casuals and even the middle tier players from the races. The majority of the non "No-Life players" will be fed up with racing pretty soon. In season two there are absolutely brainsick requirements just to make some little points.

This is how you want to hold or even grow your player base...?


The part I really really have a hard time understanding, is how the very top of the ladder gets absolutely ridiculous points/demis/chance for uniques each race......then there is this huge gap to the rest of the racers.

Just doing some quick numbers crunching would clearly show how about 98% of players get next to nothing, than the scale skyrockets within that 2% up to top20/bonus objectives/level bonus/demis/higher unique chance......

Why not a scale where the bottom 25% get 1-3 points, the middle 50% range from 5-10 points and some bonus objectives, and the top 25% get 10+ points scaling up to the max?

If they at least gave us more things to do in a race to earn a damn bonus point, I'd be happy....clear an act, clear a certain boss, clear all side areas.....something.
The only thing we had was grinding to a few points......and now a lot of us can barely do that. It's quickly becoming repetitive, boring, and unrewarding.

"


The part I really really have a hard time understanding, is how the very top of the ladder gets absolutely ridiculous points/demis/chance for uniques each race......then there is this huge gap to the rest of the racers.

Just doing some quick numbers crunching would clearly show how about 98% of players get next to nothing, than the scale skyrockets within that 2% up to top20/bonus objectives/level bonus/demis/higher unique chance......

Why not a scale where the bottom 25% get 1-3 points, the middle 50% range from 5-10 points and some bonus objectives, and the top 25% get 10+ points scaling up to the max?

If they at least gave us more things to do in a race to earn a damn bonus point, I'd be happy....clear an act, clear a certain boss, clear all side areas.....something.
The only thing we had was grinding to a few points......and now a lot of us can barely do that. It's quickly becoming repetitive, boring, and unrewarding.



Agreed! Exactly how im feeling, i play races simply to give me a reason to farm currency wihtout realizing how much time ive wasted, then i spend "0" of the currency dropped on my race char cause im not gona get even "1" extra point even if i used ALL of it and basically thats the ONLY thing ill be taking away from the race is basically nearly the same exact spot in ladder and 1-3 points and the little currency ive managed to aquire... if i didnt get any currency racing i would have given up wihtin my first 10 races prob...

Durring season one, while i progressed from like lvl 8 to lvl 15 in an hour, i felt like i was accomplishing alot, now i can basically get 14-15 in an hour over and over and over, nothing really seems to change that no matter how differently i try to play (guess my skill isnt up to par an i LIKE my games difficult most the time) this is more un-reachable than difficult, if one person is faster at clicking then he gets the "first" point on nearly everything avail (cause nearly every bonus point you reward is linear, cept a couple like clearing zones) - theres should be PLENTY of reasons to get bonus points that one person cant just get all at the same time, where choices have to be made, do i wanna go for this or that - then your racing a more defined group to that point in that particular race giving more of a chance to those people.... im sure you get the jist (sp?)

I use to be poised to race every time, now i barely have the interest to work my ass off for 1 point per 3 hours burned, hell i even got to the point where i dont even bother TRYING to go for the 3 points anymore, i know ill be at 14.96% my best run if i need lvl 15 and 19.90% if i need lvl 20, so i just give up at the point i know possible cause no matter how many times i try i just get pissed off that there, for one isnt a 2 point level range and for 2 that i literally needed 1 more pack (this has happened about 10+ times, enough that i gave up thinkin that i would sooner or later make it... only time i ever did was when the movement speed boots dropped - and thats a win or lose situation, a win the lottery first to try to win a race type deal, i gave up on hoping i get those boots too, only EVER had them ONE RACE (why isnt there a pair of boots sold by vendor that gives 0 armor and + speed (or even -armor/resist/health, whatever)? so people can choose to have the speed until they need or want to replace?

I don't understand why the very best and dedicated players out of thousands occasionaly doing the races shouldn't get that much better rewards.

I'm not even close to playing as much or being that good, but I do enjoy each and every race, even if I die and get little to no points most of the time. Getting some Unique items is fun and all, but doing the events too... am I missing the point of these?
>>> The KIWI called... they want their money, bro. \\ www.kiwisforkiwi.org <<<
Last edited by Lagruell on April 25, 2013 11:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info