If GGG failed to open your wallet in Necropolis...

hire rod stewart to do a number with the goblin troupe
All they would need to do is cut MTX prices to under $5 apiece. $15 for a particle effect is a joke, their entire business model is built on whales instead of selling cheaper MTXs to a wider amount of people. Selling 1000 $5 spell effects is better than selling 100 $15 ones.
This is a buff™
"
All they would need to do is cut MTX prices to under $5 apiece. $15 for a particle effect is a joke, their entire business model is built on whales instead of selling cheaper MTXs to a wider amount of people. Selling 1000 $5 spell effects is better than selling 100 $15 ones.

They are business. So they will price things in a way that they believe will make them the most return on investment. If that was lowering prices and selling them cheaper, they would do so. Nothing more, nothing less.

They are banking, and making bank, on suckers like me.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
The burnout became too serious for me to spend more. As my "badges" show, I've more than supported PoE. Sadly, I've been playing for far too long to be motivated to buy a pack just for playing 1-2 weeks of every league.
"

When you see AAA(A) games having close to the same MTX prices as PoE, I can't find myself to whine about MTX prices in a F2P game where 99% of everything is only cosmetics.

Paying for cosmetics in a video game is already a joke, but 'we' still buy them. If you were in the money-making busniess and every study and algoritm told you that pricing them this way would net you more, would you lower the prices just to be kind?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I'm a simple man. Good league = I support. Necropolis looks fucking sick so I went and bought both packs and a core pack. GGG has been nailing it recently.
Less gambling, more steady, deterministic progression (doesn't have to be faster, could even be harder).
Less time spent developing poe 2, and more on the game we play.
1. Discounts. And I mean better discount than whatever they are right now - I kinda seem to remember that the discounts used to be quite substantial (50%+) a few years ago, now it's barely a discount anymore. If there is shit I want to buy ingame, more incentive to buy a supporter pack. But the full prices are a horse-armor equivalent joke so I just used to buy when there were discounts.

2. Good looking armor set in supporter packs - the current supporter packs don't appeal to me (the way that the armor sets look I find meh or simply ugly/not anyting I would like to put on my chars).

3. I am never going to buy a supporter pack at league start. I was riding a high wave from Archnemesis (I actually enjoyed that league) only to buy the next league's supporter pack and, in the end, quit after two weeks. Hence why I go by these 3 rules right now

Also waiting to buy the goblin band core pack when PoE2 hits, in case I have to to gain beta access. That's the only pack I would even remotely consider rn, altough the armor that goes with it is not a looker either.
I only buy MTX if no other games I like come out during the month

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info