Why is nobody asking for Detonate Dead to be nerfed ?!

"
openup001 wrote:
why u care about nerf in pve game

Because a PvE game with no challenge is boring.

If the skill is too strong and the game lacks challenge, don't use the skill.
There's no point in nerfing the skill just because YOU think it doesn't appeal to YOUR preference
Because if youre playing it, you dont mind... and if you arent, you dont care?
"
cadust wrote:

There's no point in nerfing the skill just because YOU think it doesn't appeal to YOUR preference

Because like it or not, even when you're playing single player, competition is part of arpgs. Overtuned skills that trivialize the hardest content cheapen the accomplishment for everyone else.

If you disagree that's fine, but nearly every single arpg developer agrees. That's why they nerf things even in single player.
Because nobody really cares, it‘s not completely broken, just really strong.
If you don’t like it, don’t play it. Why would you ask for a random skill to get nerfed in a non-competitive pvm game.
I don’t get this mindset, it‘s ridiculous
Last edited by Rikku on Mar 28, 2024, 5:40:19 PM
i never ask stuff to be nerfed. not even DD which i don't even enjoy x'D
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
cadust wrote:

Because like it or not, even when you're playing single player, competition is part of arpgs. Overtuned skills that trivialize the hardest content cheapen the accomplishment for everyone else.

If you disagree that's fine, but nearly every single arpg developer agrees. That's why they nerf things even in single player.

While competition exists, it's a small subset of players. The random dude playing RF in Chicago doesn't care that another rando in Boston playing TS with friends is making nore Div per hour. That's just a false narrative. Unless you are intentionally searching out grievances, or like playing the victim, this just isn't a thing.

As for the devs, unfortunately you can't ask the arpg devs that nerfed the shit out of their games, because, yup, they developed themselves right out of business.

Marvel Heroes says hello.

That said, GGG historically has been absolutely notorious for nerfs. More recently they have been using temporary power creep in leagues, while simultaneously nerfing skills, items, and ascendancies. The net being a significantly shrinking meta (if you care about that).

They have been lucky it hasn't blown up in their face more than the outrages in Harvest and Expedition, and most recently the terrible optics on Ruthless being a "side project". PoE1 being abandoned in terms of the upgrades PoE2 is getting is going to grow as we get closer to that release. There are plenty of things people thought PoE2 would fix in PoE1.

Overall It's ironic that a game that touts such depth and customization has basically pigeonholed players in to mostly ranged skills, and similarly built EHP for defense through their development decisons.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
So to the people saying "what does it matter, it is a PvE game" because they don't want Detonate Dead nerfed, well then, if it doesn't matter because it is a PvE game then you should have no problem with Detonate Dead being nerfed. Afterall, it is only a PvE game and it doesn't matter...right?

Just as you people say "you don't have to play Detonate Dead you can use something else if you find it too strong" well likewise if Detonate Dead is nerfed you can still play it even nerfed. It won't matter...right?
Last edited by BladedDragonKnight on Mar 28, 2024, 7:18:25 PM
Imagine actually wanting something to be nerfed in a video game. Some people would throw their neighbor in jail for having a better job seriously.
"
Malice4201 wrote:
Imagine actually wanting something to be nerfed in a video game. Some people would throw their neighbor in jail for having a better job seriously.

I would.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info