Why is nobody asking for Detonate Dead to be nerfed ?!

"
ValfaderTV wrote:
"
openup001 wrote:
why u care about nerf in pve game

This. Nerfs are not good (unless it's an overall reduction in power across the board for all skills). It's much better to bring weaker skills up to the point where they are comparable to the better ones.

That way people get to choose how they want to be strong rather than be shoehorned into a few top performing specs.

In a PvE game, and specifically aRPGs, it doesn't make sense to punish players who are having a good time. You may self-impose challenges and difficulties if you don't like the skill and it won't affect you one bit.

Nerfs and buffs are meant to attain the same result, theoretically, as in balancing skills to be more or less on par. Except that buffs simultaneously contribute to ever increasing power creep. And as a game developer, power creep is your enemy.

Meaning nerfs are mandatory in a game of this type, both in order to combat ever-increasing power creep as well as to balance various skills. Game's already easy, how can you in good conscience advocate to make it even easier by buffing everything. If anything everything needs to be toned down, especially as the game currently stands.

Anyway, all in all you're absolutely delusional if you think nerfs are not good, thank god you're not a game developer.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
Last edited by Senju_Hyoketsu on Mar 26, 2024, 11:29:55 PM
Nice gaslighting, bro. You're correct in that I am not a game developer. How about this guy - he has 20+ years experience: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/y5CjhzyIZio?si=bUpNifSN-MXd71FS

Awaiting your lukewarm take.
My most hated game.
My most favorite game.
Such is the duality of man.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

99% of PoE players that will play this next league will have absolutely no clue what build "x content creator" league started with.

Oh yeah, and thats why videos with leaguestarters have hunderds of thousands of views. Because 99% of people dont care what "streamer X recommends".
Guess PoE is most popular game in world history if that "1% that cares" alone can put such numbers!

I... I don't know what to say really.

I'm not sure if you actually believe what you are saying, or are simply confused, or this is elaborate trolling.

If you actually believe that if a YouTube video has hundreds of thousands of views, that this means the same percentage of the concurrent playerbase of PoE has seen the video simply because it has a numerical value... well, I really cannot argue or debate with an individual like that. That is statistical insanity. I mean the baby shark video has more views that the entire worlds population, surely you are not suggesting... you know what nevermind, I suppose we can just agree to disagree on this point because it's going nowhere.

Babyshark is a song, YOu put that shit on repeat and add tens of views each day. YOu think people watch leaguestarter videos on repeat? YOu also think that peoiple who DO NOT play PoE watch them? Sorry but the crazy one seems to be you.
"
If someone can drop 10 divines in the span of an hour because their build is insane and stronger, but you can only drop 2 with yours because you're limited by the skill's potential ; your purchasing power is then severely diminished and your place within the economy ladder also. You're then at a clear disadvantage.

How is it even possible to argue against this ? It's basic math and economics.
So you're either arguing just to argue, unable or unwilling to comprehend.

You are looking at the economics aspect in vacuum. The value of purchasing power in this game is ultimately depending on the goals of the player.
If i can accomplish all the goals i've set for the league with 30 div then increasing my purchasing power beyond that has no use for me.
There is also the matter of time. Most people who play optimized starterbuilds to minimize the time needed until maps and div/h for farming after getting there also stop playing after a week or two because they've already accomplished all their goals.
If you aren't part of that group you can just earn less early on and play for a longer time span benefitting from the inflation to buy stuff for much less. You can even skip the early race to maps and all the stuff that comes with it and start playing a league after the first month is over. You'll still have 2-3 months to do everything you want to do which is more than enough.

Given the length of a league and the finite nature of the content in the game it's not neccessary to optimize every step along the way. People only do that because they have money making itself as a goal.

As for DD i honestly don't think it needs nerfs. Yeah it's one of the best, if not the best league starter skill because it requires almost no gear and scaling but it's pretty bad once you go past league start gear level. It has very limited scaling options past mid tier gear and horrible single target. There are also game play issues like 2 buttons, many "duds" when you blow up some zhp corpse for zdps ignites and corpse targeting in general which is problematic because monsters often end up standing on the desecrate area preventing you from targeting the corpses there.
DD horrible single target? What the hell. DD is truggling with some things, but having not enough damage is not one of those things. There is a reson why its one of the best Sim 30 farmer.
People not knowing Ben's DD hits 30mill
you can get more going poison and hit dot cap
all while actually having real defenses.
Morons
DD builds always stayed mechanically strong. Throughout years, DD's usecase was mostly killing early bosses exceptionally efficient, then switching next broken build within league. Softcore players didn't noticed, Hardcore players played 1 week and moved on. Right now, with new chieftain, new arcmage and new trans gem, DD builds started as a main build and varieties increased. People started to notice. When this happens in past -people starts to yell for nerf-, it got its nerf.

So, I think it is just: if majority noticed enough to talk about. DD always have been SS tier build. Still, if something broken found in 3.24, people might forget DD again.
Main reason why suddenyl everyone is talking about DD is because TS got nerfed. THat 70% of playerbase who played TS now is looking for next broken skill and it landed on DD.
Yeah cept DD is ass for MF dude lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Yeah cept DD is ass for MF dude lol

Thats why its popular early days and later on they will switch to TS/LA anyway. OR maybe we will have Wander meta again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info