"we removed bind to left click for instant skills"

"
movte wrote:
Here we go again... time to vote with our wallet again. Wont buy Support Packs this season. Its not a QOL change...

Same man. But mostly because new packs are ugly ^ ^
"
Aynix wrote:
"
movte wrote:
Here we go again... time to vote with our wallet again. Wont buy Support Packs this season. Its not a QOL change...

that turtle hideout is kinda cool though
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
movte wrote:

that turtle hideout is kinda cool though

Yes, its too cool. If I buy it, I wont change HO and I like to change my HO from time to time.
Rip Focus, you will be missed.
Why am I still here
"
t0lkien wrote:
They are making a classic game dev mistake with left click - it's a unique accidental feature that significantly improves build QoL. Their reasons for removing it are invalid when you consider it currently just works.

They are losing sight of the wood for the trees, which is understandable when you're so deep in the minutiae of system design. But if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Perhaps someone missing wood is actually the reason behind these issues.
I move with W because my hand hurts holding down mouse button for hours. How was it fair to me that I couldn't bind any instant skills to W? I have been playing with a disadvantage because I prioritize my health.

They could give the same functionality to any move button, but they decided to solve it with a new gem. At least now everyone has the same option
agree worst change ever
Everyone should get 1 skill that goes off whenever a key of choice is pressed/held. Woo problem solved and everybody saves a little bit of wrist health. Instead we got this awful solution where PC players get brutally punished because of console and WASD.
seriously who thought this was a good change? is there not things we can improve ... instead of making this worse ?
IGN- Shaeyaena
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
"
t0lkien wrote:
They are making a classic game dev mistake with left click - it's a unique accidental feature that significantly improves build QoL. Their reasons for removing it are invalid when you consider it currently just works.

They are losing sight of the wood for the trees, which is understandable when you're so deep in the minutiae of system design. But if it's not broken, don't fix it.

But it was broken. The interaction was never intended to be used that way and they gave reasons why it was the lesser evil, and they stated they will be looking to continue improving it. I'm always amazed at the outcry when a game developer removes the chee$e from player$ that are only intere$ted in going a$ fa$t a$ they can to the very very end game. They could squash the map experience down to Torchlight Infinite speediness with the PoE Game Mechanics and graphic assets and the T:I loot explosions and most of the players complaining about LMB would praise it as a better league than Harvest and Affliction combined.

Not it was not broken, and it doesn't matter whether it was intended or not, the result is what players see. And yes, players are only interested in going fast, loot explosion, because that is the game, that is PoE. Loot and speed is part of character progression, and that is what the game about. Strategically using skills only have few rooms in PoE, since the game doesn't generally designed for that. Before making a change that could force players to ALWAYS strategically using skills (guards, buff, attacks or defense), fix the game first on combat / encounter / reward, and then we can talk about strategic usage of skills in maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info