3.23.2 Patch Notes

"
Fruz wrote:
Why GGG insists so much on having on the fly asset loading / compiling so much when so many have been experiencing terrible performances for years is beyond me honestly ...

Because on the paper it should be noticeable only at beginning if done RIGHT.
I am pretty sure shaders are only piece of the problem.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Can you please explain what 'added support for dualsense controllers' actually means? Or direct me to where I can see the detail. Us console users are obviously second class citizens but when you do eventually throw us a bone it would be nice to know about it. Thank you.
Screen crash at wave 30 simulacrum after patch.
Waited for all shaders to recompile. CPU stutters are still there. Bummer.

At least no C-states power plan solution still works
"After this patch, local cached assets will be cleaned up upon launching the client, in preparation of the upcoming league launch."

manual button/command when?
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
FordyPC wrote:
Can you please explain what 'added support for dualsense controllers' actually means? Or direct me to where I can see the detail. Us console users are obviously second class citizens but when you do eventually throw us a bone it would be nice to know about it. Thank you.

there PlayStation controllers, google the term.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
"
"
Why doesn't any other game force me to compile shaders and endure the game's terrible performance?
a shame.

Actually most modern games do force you to compile shaders on the PC. The only way you'd not have to do that is if you play PoE on the PC and every other game on console. Shaders are hardware specific, so they need to be compiled for every machine individually. Since consoles are all the same you can precompile shaders for them. You can't do that for PCs since you don't know what combination of CPU, GPU and memory someone might be rocking.

If you haven't noticed shader compiling in other games that's a good thing, but virtually all modern 3D games will have you compile shaders. Some might try to do it before the game launches and you wait a few minutes when you first launch the game, some might do it when you first enter a mission meaning your first mission/map/zone is going to suck performance wise, some might spread compile around so you never have that much of a performance hit at one time. But again, virtually all have you compile shaders.

Just because GGG highlights this in their patches doesn't mean other games don't do the same thing.

comrade, what are you saying?
The last time I had bad gaming performance was when I was using an office laptop for gaming.
After buying a good computer, POE is the only game that works disgustingly.
Hell, give me that button that will compile all the game's shaders ahead of time so I don't have to do it after the fact.

As I said, virtually all game have your machine compile shaders. If PoE is the only game where you notice it that's a problem GGG needs to fix, but if you have performance issues in PoE in general and this is the only game you have performance issues in then the problem is probably somewhere else.

PoE doesn't just need a good GPU, it need a decent CPU and dual band memory. If you have a single 32GB stick of RAM you will have worse performance than someone who has 2x16GB. Same if you usually play GPU bottlenecked games and thus bought a cheaper CPU that might be the bottleneck in PoE. Or you're hardware just can't run the game at the setting you want despite what you might think. I dunno your situation but performance has not been anywhere near as bad as many people here claim it has - at least not for me and many other people.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Hell, give me that button that will compile all the game's shaders ahead of time so I don't have to do it after the fact.

Why GGG insists so much on having on the fly asset loading / compiling so much when so many have been experiencing terrible performances for years is beyond me honestly ...

Right before Ancestors league, the terrible update that screwed DX11 (at least in my case) was supposedly putting more asset loading on the fly and there did not seem to have an actual option to properly pre-load those assets !

I mean, there are obviously things loaded in virtual memory, but come on ... One day the game runs fine, smoothly and the next day, because of a performance patch, the whole thing is barely playable ?!? (I haven't tried this patch yet, but last year's fiasco was enough a terrible and unnecessary experience)

GGG went a long way battling people using debugging tools to figure out map contents before exploring the map, so they could quickly spam-open hundreds of maps and run only those containing top rewards, like loot goblins from 3.18 with specific combinations of AN mods.

As such, client loading assets as late as possible is defining feature of the engine, and you cannot compile shaders before assets are loaded, right?

edit: tried the patch, didn't notice any groundbreaking or even slight improvements on DX12. It runs as it ran before, playable, but not great when comparing fps to graphics quality to other games.
Last edited by Echothesis on Mar 13, 2024, 8:00:09 AM
After this patch, i can't return to play. I have Mac M2max Sonoma and after launched the client the game closes unexpectedly... WHY??? Help me
Game is unplayable for me and several of my friends on dx12 right now. We are all playing high end juiced maps and all have high end computers with nvidia 30 series gpu, 32gb ram and intel gen 11+. None of us had any issue before this patch.

We switched to Vulkan, seems more laggy than dx12 beta was, but at least its playable, doesn't crash the game like the new dx12 does 3-4 times in a map at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info