3.23.2 Patch Notes

Horrific results on m2 pro mac with this patch, went from great to super bad. A lot of frame drops + very weird visual artifacts as soon as there's the smallest bit of action. It's barely playable.

I'm running Mac OSx Ventura, would it help to upgrade to Monterey? As I'd rather not have to. That'll be a nightmare on my sound engineering studio
Last edited by Khetti on Mar 13, 2024, 4:02:50 AM
"
Dxt44 wrote:
What an actual f*** GGG:

Idle Simu ~150(min-110/max-210) GPU Wats, not even shaders compiling, I played some time to repopulate them.
Before was 70W so you know

https://i.imgur.com/HimPnyh.png
Nice patch LOLW

Imagine, complaining and talking about compiling.. and posting a screenshot where it states DX11, [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by ShaunB_GGG on Mar 13, 2024, 3:53:33 AM
"
Dxt44 wrote:
What an actual f*** GGG:

Idle Simu ~150(min-110/max-210) GPU Wats, not even shaders compiling, I played some time to repopulate them.
Before was 70W so you know

https://i.imgur.com/HimPnyh.png
Nice patch LOLW

They probably cranked background miner to high, give them a day or two to adjust.
New league needs founding after all...
"
Why doesn't any other game force me to compile shaders and endure the game's terrible performance?
a shame.

Actually most modern games do force you to compile shaders on the PC. The only way you'd not have to do that is if you play PoE on the PC and every other game on console. Shaders are hardware specific, so they need to be compiled for every machine individually. Since consoles are all the same you can precompile shaders for them. You can't do that for PCs since you don't know what combination of CPU, GPU and memory someone might be rocking.

If you haven't noticed shader compiling in other games that's a good thing, but virtually all modern 3D games will have you compile shaders. Some might try to do it before the game launches and you wait a few minutes when you first launch the game, some might do it when you first enter a mission meaning your first mission/map/zone is going to suck performance wise, some might spread compile around so you never have that much of a performance hit at one time. But again, virtually all have you compile shaders.

Just because GGG highlights this in their patches doesn't mean other games don't do the same thing.
Last edited by AlucardNoirSteam on Mar 13, 2024, 4:18:48 AM
"
Soriilol wrote:

Imagine, complaining and talking about compiling.. and posting a screenshot where it states DX11, [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Ok, buddy. For you folks 230W on GPU in hideout is probably ok XDDDD
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Ok I played the heck out of the league, 22 days playtime so I have a big sample size. Performance was good. Now it is unplayable. I have read all the comments in this thread, tried dx12 which is maybe slightly better, but holy smoke what a mess. It's not just the ping, staggering etc. but my video is flashing here and there which never has happened even when the game was not running great in the past. Yikes. I am a 20,000 hour player to give you an idea how bad it is.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Mar 13, 2024, 5:31:12 AM
Crash's before checking resources is done can't dl patch basically gona have to try and reinstall the game but I'm gona wait a week till all the bugs from this patch are fixed. Guess no poe for me rest of this month probably.
"
Xaffinz wrote:
It's going way better for me using the DX12 client on some fairly old low-end hardware (i5 4590 RX570 @ 1080). I did have the multi-core thrashing problem in the past, but somehow it fixed itself when I went to DX12. Had a couple of deaths from shader lag, but all in all, I'm delighted with the patch.

How was your game on Vulkan if you have tried it? im running a RX580 and before crucible patch i had 70 fps on vulkan without dropping it below 60, after it all went to shit and i couldnt have stable fps with any renderer.
I used DX12 up untill this patch and i wanted to give vulkan another try, i had quite alot of fps drops but its bound to happen because of the shaders, i was just curious if your game ran smoother on vulkan or dx12 since im too burned out to keep playing poe atm before the new league to test myself.
"
"
Why doesn't any other game force me to compile shaders and endure the game's terrible performance?
a shame.

Actually most modern games do force you to compile shaders on the PC. The only way you'd not have to do that is if you play PoE on the PC and every other game on console. Shaders are hardware specific, so they need to be compiled for every machine individually. Since consoles are all the same you can precompile shaders for them. You can't do that for PCs since you don't know what combination of CPU, GPU and memory someone might be rocking.

If you haven't noticed shader compiling in other games that's a good thing, but virtually all modern 3D games will have you compile shaders. Some might try to do it before the game launches and you wait a few minutes when you first launch the game, some might do it when you first enter a mission meaning your first mission/map/zone is going to suck performance wise, some might spread compile around so you never have that much of a performance hit at one time. But again, virtually all have you compile shaders.

Just because GGG highlights this in their patches doesn't mean other games don't do the same thing.

comrade, what are you saying?
The last time I had bad gaming performance was when I was using an office laptop for gaming.
After buying a good computer, POE is the only game that works disgustingly.
Hell, give me that button that will compile all the game's shaders ahead of time so I don't have to do it after the fact.
Добавьте это в ублок, чтобы сайт выглядел по человечески.
www.pathofexile.com##.signature
www.pathofexile.com##.clearfix.legacy.badges
www.pathofexile.com##.clearfix.badges
"
Hell, give me that button that will compile all the game's shaders ahead of time so I don't have to do it after the fact.

Why GGG insists so much on having on the fly asset loading / compiling so much when so many have been experiencing terrible performances for years is beyond me honestly ...

Right before Ancestors league, the terrible update that screwed DX11 (at least in my case) was supposedly putting more asset loading on the fly and there did not seem to have an actual option to properly pre-load those assets !

I mean, there are obviously things loaded in virtual memory, but come on ... One day the game runs fine, smoothly and the next day, because of a performance patch, the whole thing is barely playable ?!? (I haven't tried this patch yet, but last year's fiasco was enough a terrible and unnecessary experience)
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info