POE > LE

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
Last Epoch has 223K concurrent players in the SECOND weekend. I'm impressed.

Hmmm, I wonder if POE 2 will have more endgame than LE at launch.

It's more casual friendly and that will always draw higher numbers at the start, much like Diablo 3/4 initially.

The loot system alone makes LE so much more appealing in terms of longevity tho.

My short take: If you got Steelmage still enjoying your game almost 2 weeks in you know it's a really good ARPG, and a great starting point for future stuff.
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Mar 3, 2024, 8:17:34 AM
"
la_blue_girl wrote:

The loot system alone makes LE so much more appealing in terms of longevity tho.

My short take: If you got Steelmage still enjoying your game almost 2 weeks in you know it's a really good ARPG, and a great starting point for future stuff.

Time will tell for sure, and it won't be measured in weeks or months. I suppose retention across multiple cycles will be a better indicator.

I mean those concurrent numbers include me now, and that's largely because I finished the POE league. In four weeks, I'll be entrenched in POE for 2-3 months again. Who knows if I'll go back. I enjoyed Grim Dawn at release, and didn't go back.

Sample size of 1 isn't great, but it's all I can speak to objectively.
"
la_blue_girl wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

It's more casual friendly and that will always draw higher numbers at the start, much like Diablo 3/4 initially.

They still need to have good leagues, or well, cycles, as that will likely determine the longevity - even on the example of myself, I'm now having a lot of fun making my way through corrupted monoliths, but I'm not sure I'm ever willing to do this again if I don't have seasonal challenges + rewards to spice it up.
Yeah, I'm kind of done with the seasons/Leagues/Cycles. I don't have the time every 3 months to blitz a character then 2 alts for a month and a half straight/8 hours a day just to start over for the new season. And this is what you need to do to keep on Meta and stay with the pack.

I am all for non seasonal gameplay. And I'm part of a large portion of gamers that stopped playing POE because its tiresome after 2 seasons. And the people still around every season are either people scratching an itch of a lacking ARPG pool (the minority) and the hardcore autistic/ADHD that like the rush of staying on meta with all the others (majority of current players).

I'm more softcore ADHD and just like that feeling of running maps in a slightly OP build and hope for some good random drops. Hopefully POE2 has more of that at its endgame because that's what is making LE feel so great endgame. Stuff actually drops without target farming.

This works for the way POE is/has been developed. Its easy to test new mechanics and the wipe takes care of anything non balanced with the economy. They just rinse and repeat a new gameplay loop and sometimes add it to the main game. But its tiresome, and sometimes I play standard and wait that extra season for old content to be added.

Last edited by Tosiek530 on Mar 4, 2024, 11:23:47 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

D3 could have remained popular for longer had it released more expansions. Reaper of Souls was quite popular for a good 2 years after release. But with zero new content ever coming out for the game, and seasons basically just being a reset, it just got eclipsed more and more by PoE as time went on.

I thought it dug out a decent section of the genre for itself with SSF and great gameplay, its specific grinds(Rifts,etc)but 2014-2105 RoS is almost the exact same game as 2023 RoS. Where 2014 PoE is not even close to the same game as 2023 PoE. That just isnt gonna keep people forever. Not when the competitor is reinventing the game every other season.

Its one reason I had such high hopes for D4 and its amazing they managed to make the same exact mistakes they made with vanilla D3 and didnt learn anything from their previous mistakes. All they really had to do was slap a PoE-esque coat on D3 and it would have been a much better game than what they currently got going on with D4.
Last edited by Destructodave on Mar 5, 2024, 12:43:44 PM
PoE < LE
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
PoE < LE

is that why ur here instead of le forums
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
PoE != LE
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
LE is a better challenger than D4.

It needs a ton of content still, they have a solid base and make good decisions with the resources they have. Many areas have been well spruced up, act 1 is so much better now :-)

Have to say, it's also a thing coming into any game as a PoE vet. Thinking in terms of multiplicative damage buckets, how much I move in combat vs how much I think the game should make me move, etc.

LE is pretty good imo, glad to have it.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
PoE < LE

is that why ur here instead of le forums

No, it just felt like a fitting response to a silly subject.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info