POE > LE

"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i feel like poe2 will mostly appeal to a very niche audience...like the people who enjoy current ruthless and enjoyed the ruthless with gold event

And if that is the case, I hope POE1 doesn't go onto life support trying to push people to POE2. :-/
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i feel like poe2 will mostly appeal to a very niche audience...like the people who enjoy current ruthless and enjoyed the ruthless with gold event

And if that is the case, I hope POE1 doesn't go onto life support trying to push people to POE2. :-/

Yeah, I think POE 2 will be grindier than POE 1. POE 2 will appeal most to players who finish 40/40 in 2 weeks.

In terms of grind: POE 2 > POE 1 > LE
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Mar 2, 2024, 7:24:41 PM
the crafting system in LE makes it worse tbh. you got ur gear and then what? adjust ur filter to what show nothing? and then what u get bored and come back to poe x'D

LE is fine but the crafting system is holding it back tbh.
played it since 1.0 recently and wanted the wraitlord thing going finally found it and then next day i was like ehhh. already got what i wanted out of the game tbh x'D

partly it is because i get burned out quite fast these days but still. if it had more build customizations like poe it would be better but welp it just hasn't enough though great game for players that don't want to invest some thinking though. hench atm it's #2 atm.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

Yeah, I think POE 2 will be grindier than POE 1. POE 2 will appeal most to players who finish 40/40 in 2 weeks.

In terms of grind: POE 2 > POE 1 > LE
probably yes. but we can't say for sure yet. besides even if true at launch things can change rapidly knowing ggg :P they obviously want more players play poe 2 than poe 1. for obvious reasons. and if they notice people play poe more than poe 2 they will change things. and we know they try things and watch the numbers. so if poe 2 gets more players by making the grind less grindy they will tweak it.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
While itemization is a fundamental requirement for arpgs so is engaging and enjoyable gameplay. I don't care how good crafting or trading is in a rando arpg: if it isn't engaging and enjoyable to play from the beginning idgaf.
Last edited by ladish on Mar 2, 2024, 10:44:25 PM
I have to disagree here. If there's anything PoE could learn from LE, it's clarity in every sense of the word. Not just visual, but in terms of mechanics, mod descriptions, etc. Information being readily available.

But please, not the crafting. PoE crafting > LE crafting... by far.
to me LE is better because:

Item Acquisition, Crafting interface, and Offline mode.

Gameplay loop is very similar to most other arpgs honestly.

I feel LE has a lot of room to improve, especially with some of the cool ideas they have that are poorly executed, like most games.

To be clearer, I think LE isn't hindered by some pretty questionable design philosophy decisions that other devs have, but they ain't perfect by a long margin. It feels more gamey in a sense that I enjoy. It has a lot less pointless busy work than other arpgs.
After 11 years of playing POE, I'm glad there's finally a proper game that will compete with it. I'm 42hrs in Last Epoch and really enjoying every bit of it. Playing as a warlock right now, being an "alt-a-holic" (ever since wow days), I'll probably spend most of my time in LE while waiting for POE2. Things i like about LE:

-Offline mode
-You can buy stash tabs with gold
-sort mode in stash tab and inventory (simple but nice)
-Circle of Fortune(better RNG) and Merchant's guild(for traders) Factions
-Crafting is deterministic
-Trading is better
-still have to play and discover other classes YAY!
-it's fun!

For those saying that LE's endgame is too much of a grind, LOL! If you've played WoW and POE for as long as I have, i don't think LE is that much of a grind.

Kudos to both GGG and EHG!
If you can't control it, STOP.
Plaeyd in LE 7 hours after start 1.0 version. Ordered a refund. So boring after PoE.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
hasnt poe sort of proved that isnt the case with arpgs?

In some sense. It all depends on how we define "straight up kill every other arpg ever created". For me or you, yeah, I fully agree.

Are you guys annoyed by over using these fr******* assets from quixel(megascans, etc.) in every game now? It's so generic and cheap.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Last edited by Dxt44 on Mar 3, 2024, 2:39:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info