PoE 1 community's opinion on PoE 2 is less relevant and here's why

the community's opinion on this forum doesnt matter because ggg abandoned it
you can have a voice on the toxic reddit or the unofficial poe discord
where devs engage with the community in their "free time"
lol
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Ah but what a surprise... as more stuff comes out on PoE2... with it a lot of anti-gameplay phone-game-level enthusiast PoE1 "players" surface as well to comment useless opinions and try to pushback against the awesome gameplay design direction of PoE2.

I've seen so many comments with "zoom-zoom" in them that my mind wants to implode from the levels of cringe that exudes. Absolute brain rot.

And you know what?... at the end of the day it's perfectly fine if you like the zoom, afk style gameplay.... but stop trying to push against PoE2 because of it.

Just sit down in your corner and keep playing PoE1 which won't be going anywhere. It's as simple as that.

PoE2 needs actual constructive criticism not... BO HOO I want zoom zoom.
"Good luck on your naps Exile"
Just to be clear, claiming "too slow" is loaded. Many active users of PoE1 do not care about the game at all. They already beat it, and their interest is in bypassing it. This is a characteristic of, in fact, typical userbase of many MMORPGs as well. But typical user base is not the same as potential user base. Which is easily at least 10 times larger.

If devs actually had an independent understanding of what ARPG is. What a dark fantasy is. The quality of the game is simply a matter of the quality of dev's perspective. There's tons of great design in PoE1. In fact the structure of all the acts is there and actually great. Unfortunately, it's extremely undermined, and devs would rather have it be a cakewalk than an actual ARPG. Ruthless is the only reason this game isn't still exiled off my PC after initially uninstalling it a few years ago.

And I'm just one of actually a huge potential userbase who are actually interested in real ARPG. Not a joke circus where you tasmania all over the place obliterating everything in sight with a blindfold on. And I don't use loaded statements like 'slow'. When what is important is actual balance. Actual legitimate challenge and accomplishment each level through progression of the acts. Actual value in items. That's what actual balance is for a legitimate arpg.

Here is my recommendation - make what you would actually play. Stop undermining such a great inherent design. There will be droves and drovers of larger userbase if you just build it according to how a legitimate dark fantasy arpg is balanced. I would be fine if PoE 1 was even remade with actual legitimate balance. Rather than coasting through each level, and every enemy is a loot pinata so that progression and loot is completely meaningless.
Last edited by Crimlet on Mar 23, 2024, 3:04:04 AM
What's really strange to me is how a lot of the PoE1 player base claims that the way PoE1 gameplay works is what ARPGs are and what they always should be....

The First letter in ARPG is A for ACTION. The ACTION is SEVERELY missing in PoE1 quite literally. Zooming/ blasting provides NO ACTION WHATSOEVER. You literally turn your brain off and just delete everything, INCLUDING BOSSES. PoE1 combat is FAR FROM WHAT ARPGS SHOULD BE. PERIOD. If it was called something like BRPG (Blasting Role Playing Game) or something like that... I would agree with those people perhaps. But IT'S NOT.

At the same time they say stuff like this:

Not to mention dps numbers in the BILLIONS. WHAT EVEN IS THAT? Where is the challenge when everything dies without even being able to throw something at you??? What are you even playing for at that point??? What are you trying to achieve? There's nothing to overcome.

"Good luck on your naps Exile"
its funny to read how ppl a praise poe 2 to all havens and shit on poe 1 when they only have only manage to play till lvl 90 :D and did not even played end game :D. but they a experts on how game is so zoom zoom and all
Last edited by anti4z500 on Mar 25, 2024, 8:22:51 AM
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:

PoE2 needs actual constructive criticism

ROFLMAO

And just whom do you think will be taking that into consideration?
"
PoE2 is the infection at this point, GGG said there would be a unified endgame and took everyones money happily while not communicating the fact they had completely shifted their focus to create a separate game which they went above and beyond to communicate would not split the community and would unify us in the endgame.

the new poe is just two leagues running back to back so you can buy more packs, its such a monumental reach for money imo and not what was supposed to be delivered, an expansion that was going to (expand) our options not only which story-line we want to do but a whole new set of classes to experience and once you reached your endgame(maps) you'd then be able to interact with each other in a unified endgame of sorts.

He who spends his money on a product which has not been released gets what's coming to him.
"
Glorfndel01 wrote:
"
PoE2 is the infection at this point, GGG said there would be a unified endgame and took everyones money happily while not communicating the fact they had completely shifted their focus to create a separate game which they went above and beyond to communicate would not split the community and would unify us in the endgame.

the new poe is just two leagues running back to back so you can buy more packs, its such a monumental reach for money imo and not what was supposed to be delivered, an expansion that was going to (expand) our options not only which story-line we want to do but a whole new set of classes to experience and once you reached your endgame(maps) you'd then be able to interact with each other in a unified endgame of sorts.

He who spends his money on a product which has not been released gets what's coming to him.

i want to say something to retort. i am one of such persons.

ssadly i have nothing. you are right on this. i trusted GGG too much with my money.

really sucks to support a gaming company with so much passion only to have them betray our trust.
[Removed by Support]
"
its funny to read how ppl a praise poe 2 to all havens and shit on poe 1 when they only have only manage to play till lvl 90 :D and did not even played end game :D. but they a experts on how game is so zoom zoom and all

It's funny to tell at people who ask for a better gameplay to just get more zoomy, when it just worst.

You don't need to get 100 to see how the action in the game is bad, even in act 1 when you just rolling magma into pack and dash to the next one with your quicksilver, the gameplay is already dumb.

I got a Mageblood and a Headhunter, before affliction (which I didn't like) and I just quit because the game was awful.
Last edited by JojoleeHM on Mar 28, 2024, 5:10:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info