PoE 1 community's opinion on PoE 2 is less relevant and here's why

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
There are an equal, if not more amount of voices from the PoE 1 community that are...perfectly fine with what looks to be a slower paced PoE 2. We have NO IDEA what the game will ACTUALLY be like, none at all. So none of what anyone says right now really matters.

You are focusing on all the posts that you disagree with, while ignoring everyone else that is fine with it. That's great and all, but its giving you a skewed view of the "poe 1 community".

We also don't know how LONG PoE 2 will stay slow, if it is "slow". PoE 1 started out REALLY slow for years, before eventually turning into what it is today. I can all but guarantee that PoE 2 will do the same eventually.

You might be right, I don't know that, which is why I mentioned "some of the current PoE 1 players" and not all.

However, what I know for sure is that every developer interview I saw on youtube had this narrative being shoved in their faces. And as you all know, the PoE 1 playerbase reaction at Exile con was also sketchy simply because "game too slow".

Jonathan clearly expressed that they want more meaningful gameplay and 1 button builds are not what they want. I gave the most egregious example with 0 button builds but obviously 1 button builds aren't good either for meaningful gameplay.

You can clearly tell that Jonathan is trying to answer these questions in a way where he tries not to alienate the PoE 1 players that raise these concerns, but he always answers them in a dodgy way... without a clear cut answer.

In one of the interviews he even gave an example of someone they convinced internally to move away from the 1 button mentality and he actually enjoyed it. Do I know that happened for a fact? No... but that certainly shows where the intent lies.
"Good luck on your naps Exile"
What is this thread?

We're MONTHS away from anyone having useful feedback on the BETA version of PoE2, which itself may or may not represent the balance and pacing of the full launch version.

Literally nobody outside of GGG has actually played the game; the versions demo'd at Exilecon etc had the balance modified to be much harder because it makes for a better spectacle. And even in those versions, we haven't seen one second of endgame combat. Are you trying to say that Path of Exile plays the same in red maps as it does in act 3? Because if you aren't, this thread makes absolutely no sense.

So while I agree completely with the thread title, it's not at all for the reasons in the OP.
PoE 2 looks so much better than the mess we have right now. The day PoE 2 is out I'll uninstall PoE 1 and never look back. This game is way past its prime.
Not moving fast doesn't mean combat isn't fast or rewarding.

Regulating player speed is very important if you want to have meaningful combat in a video game. Both PoE and Warframe made this mistake. They also both made the mistake of Enemy Density. It's been interesting watching both games make similar mistakes past 10 years.

Don't bother with cover. Don't bother with positioning, aiming, caring about being overwhelmed, side stepping dangers. Just occasional twitch mechanics and stat smash your problems away.

Ironically I'm talking about combat in both games.
This is just what AoE layering and Zoom does.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
I'm a poe1 player and more of a casual one. I replay same ish builds on a marauder seeking that 1 build and char that I can keep on standard (because not every league, unlike current) has stuff I want, however the screen clearing is just unfun despite the game being enjoyable. I wish I could play it like early diablo 2 and just run through the maps and wack my enemies to death, rolling just being a bonus.

And I agree, a lot of PoE1 players just want Poe 1 2.0 but that will never happen, it's a separate game and I love it for that. With everything being imported, and the game being slowed down to realistic levels I'm really hoping it will feel like diablo 2 successor
Well what do you know, like I was saying before... the narrative is being pushed yet again in every interview I see...

01:24:43 Builds & Balance section of the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwOI3J-JRPo

Jonathan's stance is CRYSTAL CLEAR... people need to stop pushing this god damn braindead 0-1 button thing. I cringe at how uncomfortable it must be for him to get this question every time.
"Good luck on your naps Exile"
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:
Well what do you know, like I was saying before... the narrative is being pushed yet again in every interview I see...

01:24:43 Builds & Balance section of the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwOI3J-JRPo

Jonathan's stance is CRYSTAL CLEAR... people need to stop pushing this god damn braindead 0-1 button thing. I cringe at how uncomfortable it must be for him to get this question every time.

Before punishing and nerfing automatic builds, they need to really slow down gameplay (really means not like in Ruthless where you just need to spend more time gathering all same assets for build).

I'd have been happy to play more meaningful combat, where your decisions are made on the field, not just in hideout where you prepare and then you either faceroll everything or die. Current combat resolution speed makes using lots of buttons humanly impossible, especially with how loot is already based around zoom-zoom even in SSF (you are expected to run maps in hundreds, not carefully kiting a few dozens).

They are attempting to make POE2 slower at the core, but thing is, if they are going to bring same mess of hundreds gems and passives in there, it won't stand long. People will find a way to break it and go zoom-zoom, GGG will respond and nerf loot around zoom-zoom, and we go full circle.
I for one am not that excited about poe2, i'll try to keep an open mind about it, but to make a direct comparison, i'm not sure i'd like diablo 4 if it had poe's items and crafting... maybe i would, but it wouldn't be the same. I love the power fantasy scaling in this game where you can see your characters progress and become faster, tankier, stronger. If the game will be heavily limited in that aspect, it will ruin part of my immersion. Then again, it's just me.
I don't get why people are hung up on this shit, calm down, we will test it as soon as its out, any opinion before that is useless... because as we did it with poe we will do it with poe2 , we will shape it together ;>
Blood and Glory!
"
Resouler wrote:
I don't get why people are hung up on this shit, calm down, we will test it as soon as its out, any opinion before that is useless... because as we did it with poe we will do it with poe2 , we will shape it together ;>

+1

poe1 and poe2 are different things.

tho i hope poe1 gets to inherit some of the newer poe2 things along the line in the future
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info