PoE 1 community's opinion on PoE 2 is less relevant and here's why

I have seen the criticism that PoE 2 is "too slow" several times by now and it is really getting on my nerves how often this narrative is being pushed in the developers faces.

This is an absolutely horrible take by some of the current PoE 1 players which I can't tell if they even want to play an actual game. All they want to do is spend most of their time in Path of Building and then mindlessly farm and "play" 0 button billion damage afk builds that wipe the screen with a sneeze, as much as possible... not involving any actual gameplay or skill. These kind of builds shouldn't be possible in the first place. These builds are absolute abominations that resemble the most braindead of mobile game "gameplays". The ridiculous damage some builds can achieve is also a huge issue, trivializing any content in the game, including boss content which is supposed to be hard and require skill, not just numbers to beat like in any other respectable game. Same goes for ridiculous defenses.

I made this post to raise awareness to GGG that not everyone is supportive of this narrative.

This is not okay. This infection should not seep into PoE 2.

"Good luck on your naps Exile"
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2024, 6:24:15 PM
"
This is an absolutely horrible take by some of the current PoE 1 players

Chris want it slow.....He is not the majority owner of the studio, but he still the CEO....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
This is an absolutely horrible take by some of the current PoE 1 players

Chris want it slow.....He is not the majority owner of the studio, but he still the CEO....

And, if you remember tencent said they would let them do whatever they liked development wise, all they wanted was a cut of the profit.

Also OP keep in mind that the game play we have seen so far has looked slow sure but it's not end game and is most likely intentionally slowed to showcase the stuff they are showing.

TBH though i'm with chris on slowing things down, a lot of the issues people have with the game are due to the speed of it...slowing it down reduces or resolves many of the issues and also allows for more interesting fights
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
The more a game is action oriented, the less button/buffs i have to manage, that's how you make action combat feel good, you focus on the physical aspect of the combat:

- feels, should be physical
- impact, should be satisfying
- mobility, i should feel connected to my character

That's how souls like games feel good to play

As opposed to turn based or tab targeting games

the problem in PoE 1 is "more buttons" = more buffer for your main skill

- 1,2,3,4,5 then QWER, then spam right click,that's very bad and r-t-rd-d design

What you want is:

- mainly right click, sometimes Q, occasionally W, in that specific moment E

- in danger: 1 or 2 for flask, not more

- movement is key

This is why i am excited for PoE 2, it seems they have designed the game for more player skill driven action combat instead of the buffering mindset

I hate it in PoE 1 when Isaro says "mobility is a lie", mobility is key, feeling your character is with mobility, not with how many skills you need to use

WASD will make PoE's combat 10000x better than in any other ARPGs, specially melee! can't wait!

People wanting 0 button builds is the evidence that in action games mobility is the key, it's what feels good

In tab target MMOs people want more skills to press and buffs to manage, because there is no mobility ;)
Last edited by ryuukk33 on Feb 4, 2024, 12:45:22 PM
PoE2 is the infection at this point, GGG said there would be a unified endgame and took everyones money happily while not communicating the fact they had completely shifted their focus to create a separate game which they went above and beyond to communicate would not split the community and would unify us in the endgame.

the new poe is just two leagues running back to back so you can buy more packs, its such a monumental reach for money imo and not what was supposed to be delivered, an expansion that was going to (expand) our options not only which story-line we want to do but a whole new set of classes to experience and once you reached your endgame(maps) you'd then be able to interact with each other in a unified endgame of sorts.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Feb 4, 2024, 12:35:20 PM
"
PoE 1 community's opinion on PoE 2 is less relevant and here's why

You mean there is a PoE 2 community that isn't PoE 1 community?:)

Passive tree alone means that only people who have already stomached poe1 will stomach poe2, rest will look at it and leave (cannot blame them).

Which also means you have no need to worry: with that amount of passives, gems, and build-changing items, players will break whatever "slow" intention GGG has.

Even if GGG showed more interest in plugging poe1's balance holes (instead of occasionally shifting the meta from one 100million dps build to another), balancing on such a scale may be impossible without hard limitations to gem link variety, for example removing ability to turn every spell (not designed to be a totem) into a totem.
Last edited by Echothesis on Feb 4, 2024, 12:44:41 PM
Majority of POE "blasters" are basically gamba addicts, but instead of gambling IRL, they just gamble in game via making zoomer build, so they can challenge the RNG as many times as possible. However I DO believe we should have some 0 buttons build, because you don't know if there are not some disabled people playing with pedals or what not. The more skill/buttons required to play the build the more the player should be rewarded with DPS/crowd control. There is a reason why I hate current poe balance, where slam build with 4 warcries, totem, berserk, focus, bloodrage and banner has 1/5 of the damage of braindead builds.
GGG remove ancestral totem buffs and buff base gems instead. It is annoying to have to press:

4 warcries, totem, berserk, banner, bloodrage, focus, curse to cast a slam

result: 1/5th of normal build damage and 1/4th of POB dps for slam build in real scenario.
Nope.
Last edited by XeoTech on Feb 4, 2024, 4:08:08 PM
There are an equal, if not more amount of voices from the PoE 1 community that are...perfectly fine with what looks to be a slower paced PoE 2. We have NO IDEA what the game will ACTUALLY be like, none at all. So none of what anyone says right now really matters.

You are focusing on all the posts that you disagree with, while ignoring everyone else that is fine with it. That's great and all, but its giving you a skewed view of the "poe 1 community".

We also don't know how LONG PoE 2 will stay slow, if it is "slow". PoE 1 started out REALLY slow for years, before eventually turning into what it is today. I can all but guarantee that PoE 2 will do the same eventually.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 4, 2024, 4:41:56 PM
"
PoE2 is the infection at this point, GGG said there would be a unified endgame and took everyones money happily while not communicating the fact they had completely shifted their focus to create a separate game which they went above and beyond to communicate would not split the community and would unify us in the endgame.

the new poe is just two leagues running back to back so you can buy more packs, its such a monumental reach for money imo and not what was supposed to be delivered, an expansion that was going to (expand) our options not only which story-line we want to do but a whole new set of classes to experience and once you reached your endgame(maps) you'd then be able to interact with each other in a unified endgame of sorts.

i m ingesting dangerous amounts of copium, just hoping that GGG makes POE1 more fun to play and modernized.

i've already accepted POE2 is separate, but really hope poe1 gets a lot of improvements to compensate.

ironically, hearing "jon's" vision for poe2 sounds more interesting than poe1's "current vision".

[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info