[No longer playable] Self-Shock Galvanic Field - A Reverse Snapshotting Autobomber

Does this work on elementalist?
Where should we put the Healthy Mind Jewel?
"
Spoiler999 wrote:
Does this work on elementalist?

Afraid not, 50% less cost of skills is really important for this build
"
Arkace1658 wrote:
Where should we put the Healthy Mind Jewel?

I recommend by the jewel socket by eternal youth but using a second large cluster and putting it there is also an option.
https://youtu.be/iAdH_w_Kgc8

what is causing Flame Dash to kill me. this happens seemingly randomly, with any spell i use it occasionally just does all of my ES in damage

is this the "spending more than 400 mana every 4 seconds" thing you mention in bricking the build? If so how on earth do you even avoid this?
Last edited by Wratho on Dec 17, 2023, 8:35:09 PM
"
Wratho wrote:

what is causing Flame Dash to kill me. this happens seemingly randomly, with any spell i use it occasionally just does all of my ES in damage

is this the "spending more than 400 mana every 4 seconds" thing you mention in bricking the build? If so how on earth do you even avoid this?

Not quite, based on the clip I think you must have some increased cooldown recovery rate. Because your flamedash is triggering galvanic field before the indigon buff expires which means the cooldown is less than 4 seconds. Unfortunately any amount of generic increased cooldown recovery rate bricks this build. I might check your charms, know those have tripped a few people up.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 17, 2023, 9:58:29 PM
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
Wratho wrote:

Not quite, based on the clip I think you must have some increased cooldown recovery rate. Because your flamedash is triggering galvanic field before the indigon buff expires which means the cooldown is less than 4 seconds. Unfortunately any amount of generic increased cooldown recovery rate bricks this build. I might check your charms, know those have tripped a few people up.

https://pobb.in/rAAA4JCjV-pI

i see absolutely nothing in any of my gear or anything that would have generic cooldown

my 1 and only charm right now is an onsluaght/phasing charm, but i didn't have that when i recorded the clip

it honestly seems like if i cast something EXACTLY when the 4 seconds cooldown is up this happens. so maybe it's a bug?
Last edited by Wratho on Dec 17, 2023, 10:22:29 PM
"
Wratho wrote:
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
Wratho wrote:

https://pobb.in/rAAA4JCjV-pI

i see absolutely nothing in any of my gear or anything that would have generic cooldown

my 1 and only charm right now is an onsluaght/phasing charm, but i didn't have that when i recorded the clip

it honestly seems like if i cast something EXACTLY when the 4 seconds cooldown is up this happens. so maybe it's a bug?

Looking at the POB I think this is due to not having a buffer (I recommend a buffer of 5-10%), some really bad luck with your exact mana and energy shield values and and then two unfortunately timed flamedashes in a row. What's happening is you are flamedashing in the less than .5 seconds windows between Galvanic Field and Arcane Cloak coming off cooldown twice in a row. The first time its fine because its still been 4 seconds since Arcane Cloak fell off, but then you've desychronized Arcane Cloak and Galvanic Field for the next trigger and if you flamedash in a second, even smaller window 4 seconds later between Galvanic Field coming off cooldown and the Indigon effect expiring you will have to pay Galvanic Field's cost. This still won't kill you, since you have no way of incurring a life cost. But if you have buffer + life pool of less than 62 and Herald of Thunder hits before Galvanic Field's next hit heals you (this will happen roughly one third of the time) then you kill yourself with the Storm Secret self hit (this is why the game log said your character committed suicide in the video). Lowering the level of Arcane Cloak will solve this and I'd recommend dropping around 5 levels off of it to make sure you can maintain Archmage if you take a hit.

TLDR: lowering the level of Arcane Cloak solves this problem and will also improve your damage uptime.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 18, 2023, 3:15:46 AM
I really died a lot, problem is surely my finger :p
But is there a way to improve survivability ? And how can i put a phasing ?

Thx for the advice on arcane cloak it s better. I need to survive now to gain some level...
"
Tonfz wrote:
I really died a lot, problem is surely my finger :p
But is there a way to improve survivability ? And how can i put a phasing ?

Thx for the advice on arcane cloak it s better. I need to survive now to gain some level...

Happy it helped! Phasing I get through an abyss jewel (% chance to gain phasing on kill), but you can also get it from charms this league at less opportunity cost. Besides just getting more energy shield from gear (I'd aim for ~10k at a 5 divine budget, drop whispers of doom if you need to), you can take a second energy shield leech cluster and pick up "25% increased total maximum energy shield leech" mastery which will boost your leech to ~4k per second which should make the make it feel a lot tankier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info