[No longer playable] Self-Shock Galvanic Field - A Reverse Snapshotting Autobomber

It would be nice if you can open your poe profile
Would you be able to throw together a list of avoided map mods? Having a lot of fun right now!
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
Rhanox wrote:
Very interesting build. I can't help but wonder why you're not using Replica Winterheart to get Unaffected By Shock? Shouldn't this give you the upsides of shocking yourself without the penalty of making you take 65% more damage from shock?

Its a great thought, but unfortunately unaffected by shock also removes Galvanic Fields bonuses. There are ways to dynamically cleanse shock, but unfortunately none that this build can use.

I see, that's too bad. Thanks for your answer! I'll try the build out :)
Thank you for the great build. A question from an absolute moron in math: WHat is the correct way of applying your formula for max mana cost? You said it's (.78m + e)/(.00058 m^2). So using the numbers from your Pob, it should be: (.78 13083(m) + 21959 (e))/(.00058 13083(m)^2)? Does this mean that I should multiply my total es + mana by 0.78 and then divide it by mana^2 multiplied by 0.0005?

On another note, what if my mana cost is too high? What do I do to lower it? Besides not leveling the arcane cloak of course.
Last edited by RetroStrikes on Dec 17, 2023, 11:10:26 AM
"
Youth wrote:
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
Youth wrote:
Thanks for the reply, i managed to kinda run it, but im pretty sure something is broken. would you kindly take a look at my toon? My account is opened, ID Youth, the one and only toon in the league, level 92.

Not worries, biggest problem I think is from your charm with "Non-damaging ailments have 36% reduced effect on you while you have arcane surge" which is going to noticeably cut into your damage and area of effect. If you're looking for a replacement charm, recover 1% of mana/es/life on kill makes mana sustain during mapping feel very smooth. Might also be worth lowering your arcane cloak a few levels to give yourself a bigger buffer. Also I forgot to mention in the guide and I'll add a note now, but you don't want quality on your archmage support.

a couple more questions....
which panteon to use?
i keep dieing, like every map, because i get stunned and/or freeze and also note that on toolbar, my arcane cloak shows a cooldown time of 3,33 secs.

I use Brine King + Gruthkul as my pantheon which takes care of stun + freeze. 3.33 is the same cooldown as mine, guard skills' cooldowns don't recover during their duration so we want duration + cooldown to be slightly more than 4 seconds, not just cooldown.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 17, 2023, 12:42:48 PM
"
Tonfz wrote:
Hi ! Your build seems really fun so i jump in it.
Got some problem and hope you can help me.
My dps is far away from your vid and im really squishy. If you can see what im doing wrong it would be absolutly great !

Here is my POB
https://pobb.in/T_M3oRYZQIfH

Some edit : dps is more than correct in fact but defensively it s hard. What can we do to improve this ?

Core of the build looks good, but your arcane cloak is too high level for your mana and energy shield. Mana spent is currently set to 3700 but for your level of arcane cloak and mana total it should be 4000, which makes costs go above your current maximum energy shield + mana. I'd recommend lowering your arcane cloak to around level 8 to give yourself a bit of a buffer. This is probably balanced out by your mana sustain being a bit low, allowing you to afford your mana costs while mapping, but it'll make you very vulnerable to chaos hits. I'd recommend the watcher eye with increased mana recovery rate and Thrill Killer on the passive tree. Also having phasing makes mapping feel much smoother.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 17, 2023, 12:55:26 PM
"
aloepocari wrote:
Why do you set ElementalFocus to lv1 except for the main skill?

No reason in particular, just to emphasize that they're utility not damage links and so no one feels the need to go buy a bunch of level 20 elemental focus gems
"
Tonfz wrote:
i use Brine King for Pantheon to solve freeze and stun problem

For arcane cloak, you must add the duration (in my case 3.33 + 1.23)

Yep, this is exactly right
Map modifiers that brick this build are: reduced buff duration, reduced cooldown recovery rate, elemental reflect. If you take enough increased effect of map modifiers small passives on the atlas skill tree, chance to avoid elemental ailments can reach 100% which will also brick this build.

Cannot leech, reduced flask charges gained and cannot regenerate mana are dangerous but runnable.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 17, 2023, 1:09:43 PM
"
RetroStrikes wrote:
Thank you for the great build. A question from an absolute moron in math: WHat is the correct way of applying your formula for max mana cost? You said it's (.78m + e)/(.00058 m^2). So using the numbers from your Pob, it should be: (.78 13083(m) + 21959 (e))/(.00058 13083(m)^2)? Does this mean that I should multiply my total es + mana by 0.78 and then divide it by mana^2 multiplied by 0.0005?

On another note, what if my mana cost is too high? What do I do to lower it? Besides not leveling the arcane cloak of course.

Yep, you're exactly right (results in .32). Great question, you're going to want to alter your ratio of energy shield to mana (increase energy shield + decrease mana). Easiest way to do this is to reserve some of your mana, I recommend defiance banner (10%), flesh and stone (25%), Blasphemy (35%) or Wrath (50%) depending on how much reservation you need. Added this to build guide as well.
Last edited by Juminoh on Dec 17, 2023, 1:34:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info