0.9.10 Patch Notes

"
DeF46 wrote:
"
The damage reduction estimation for level 60 onwards is now done using Maelstrom of Chaos monsters rather than the normal progression.

Any idea what this means?

People in game chat are confused too.

One guy says he had 68% DR with 4200+ armour and now has 39%.

The figure that appears in the character sheet is just an estimate of the amount of DR your armour provides. The actual amount varies depending on how much damage the enemy does.

So once you are level 60, the character sheet estimates your DR vs chaos monsters of your level, rather than merciless monsters of your level.

The actual effectiveness of armour has not changed, only the estimate in the character sheet.

You can read more details of the working of armour and DR here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Last edited by Malice on Jun 5, 2012, 10:39:12 AM
Nice work :)
Open party is the best part of this update.
Playing in group is muc hmore fun and action packed!
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
yes, the open party announcing feature is one of the most obvious improvements which imho will increase party playing alot. never raid with 6 people in fellshrine-mercyless before and it was really fun as most players above lvl 60 don't bother taking all rare items ;-)

in this context, the new loot sharing worked really well opposite to my previous doubts as it didn't hinder the games fast pace.

Tough sometimes it was quite difficult to sort out items belonging to you when a group of rare monsters died at the same time as there were about 10-15 timers running simultanely.

I went from using shockwave totem all the time before the patch to almost never using because its high mana cost with its way lowered range.

I don't like that at all. I play as a templar so it was good to keep large groups in check while I kill the stronger monsters off first.
S L O W E R
"
Jonathan wrote:
The patching server took longer than usual to restart so our 1 minute of downtime was a little optimistic. Looks like it was something like 3 minutes. Sorry!

reading this makes me LOL guys you should teach Blizzard how to update and how to run a company cuase those guys take over 12 hours for an update. i just wanna say good work guys hope the game is getting better i havent played for a long time mb ill be back soon =]
"
XaMaNTeX wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:
The patching server took longer than usual to restart so our 1 minute of downtime was a little optimistic. Looks like it was something like 3 minutes. Sorry!

reading this makes me LOL guys you should teach Blizzard how to update and how to run a company cuase those guys take over 12 hours for an update. i just wanna say good work guys hope the game is getting better i havent played for a long time mb ill be back soon =]

After the 8 - 12 hours wait, you get errors on recconect, your game lags like hell and you realise that from all changes they made, only 15% benefits the player.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"Fixed all bugs where summoned monsters could yield experience."

What do you mean by this? The zombies, skeletons and specters are included?
can't wait for the open beta
"
piotrek360 wrote:

btw. are bows 2h weapons?

no you can dual wield bows its no the demon hunter from diablo 3 and thats good cause diablo 3 is linear and super easy and sucks and i wish i havent spent those 60 dollars on it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info