Season Two, Event 16: 90 Minute No-Projectile Solo

my gears rank 38th. 73 ice nova dps
ign Trimes
Last edited by Trimes on Apr 23, 2013, 9:43:01 PM
Rank 47, templar lvl 21 in western forest. I had pretty good gear. 64 dps on my ice nova.

Last edited by rambo50 on Apr 23, 2013, 10:00:28 PM
OK GGG need to change some of the rewards for this shorter races.

" Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points"

Why is this in this 90min race at all.Just copy paste?
Took down Hillock with my fists, no pots left and 8 hp when he died :D.

Anyway, those level tiers are just silly.
"
Redblade wrote:
This was stupid, need to re-code so everyone at the very least gets a melee weapon for this...

The RNG allowed for these races is really starting to get to me, no movement speed boots on the vendor (that really only should carry white items), sorry you lost, some one else got a quicksilver drop, sorry you lost and so on.

For this race I checked every corner before Hillock and got no weapon, started punching mobs until my pots was dry and I had 2 life left, re-rolled and went through the same again until I finally got a dagger of a mob I punched to death.

Stopped at level 15 as I reached western with 14 minutes to go as I couldn't possibly win nor reach level 20 hence the risk vs reward wasn't in favor of pushing.

Without the crap in the beginning with that gear I could have done so much better, all that was needed was a melee weapon at the start...

you don't need a weapon to kill hillock, just punch him to death and conserve potions.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
I have to say the level requirements for point rewards seem extremely steep for the time given. I thought the top players were levelling extremely fast and they just barely got into the second best rank. I felt I did decently and only almost got 4 points. There seems to be a need for rebalancing the rewards for this race format.
This time around, we only had ONE player reach 25+.

Results for level-based rewards:
1 survivor got 7 points
4 survivors got 6 points
21 survivors got 5 points
26 survivors got 4 points
294 survivors got 3 points
281 survivors got 1 point
63 survivors (level 2+) got 0 points

over 90% of moderately skilled players (level 9+) who participated and survived got 3 or fewer points from level-based rewards. This does not encourage continued participation.

The rewards are stacked way too heavily toward the top 5-10% (points for level based, first clear, first quest, and top 20 all synergise to create a tremendous wealth and point gap). The top players are going to hit the season 2 reward cap before the season is even 1/2 way over.

Points need to be more heavily lumped toward the bottom end. "Get better" is a narrow minded answer, because in order to get better you have to be motivated to participate.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Apr 23, 2013, 10:09:16 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
This time around, we only had ONE player reach 25+.

Results for level-based rewards:
1 survivor got 7 points
4 survivors got 6 points
21 survivors got 5 points
26 survivors got 4 points
294 survivors got 3 points
281 survivors got 1 point
63 survivors (level 2+) got 0 points

over 90% of moderately skilled players (level 9+) who participated and survived got 3 or fewer points from level-based rewards. This does not encourage continued participation.

The rewards are stacked way too heavily toward the top 5-10% (points for level based, first clear, first quest, and top 20 all synergise to create a tremendous wealth and point gap). The top players are going to hit the season 2 reward cap before the season is even 1/2 way over.

Points need to be more heavily lumped toward the bottom end. "Get better" is a narrow minded answer, because in order to get better you have to be motivated to participate.

Pretty much this.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
I don't see how getting 3 or fewer points "does not encourage continued participation." When I started in Season 1, I was motivated after getting less than 3 points in my first race. I wanted to do another race to get that first season award.

Don't set yourself up for failure by looking at that Astramentis. If you can't get more than 3 points per race, look at the Shiversting or Onyx Amulet as motivation.

Level 28: 10 Reward Points
Level 25-27: 7 Reward Points
Level 24: 6 Reward Points
Level 22-23: 5 Reward Points
Level 21: 4 Reward Points
Level 15-20: 3 Reward Points
Level 9-14: 1 Reward Point

Top level player was 25... 2nd was 24. Can you guys please rethink your scoring system? Why do only the top-top level players get rewarded? 15-20 for 3 points is a joke.
IGN: Pockey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info