Season Two, Event 16: 90 Minute No-Projectile Solo

idk, you dont have your timezone set correctly or something. is 5:15pm my time right now..it starts at 8pm my time.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
I thought the rewards for event 15 were bad. These are worse.

Let's match event 15 results to the prize pool for this 90 minute solo:

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
Level 28: 10 Reward Points <------ 0 people, based on prior 90 min solo
Level 25-27: 7 Reward Points <--- 0 people, based on prior 90 min solo
Level 24: 6 Reward Points <------- 0 people, based on prior 90 min solo
Level 22-23: 5 Reward Points <--- 11 people, based on prior 90 min solo
Level 21: 4 Reward Points <------- 11 people, based on prior 90 min solo
Level 15-20: 3 Reward Points <--- 178 people, based on prior 90 min solo
Level 9-14: 1 Reward Point <------ 452 people, based on prior 90 min solo
Level 2-8: No reward <------------- 151 people, based on prior 90 min solo

GGG, your reward scheme does not motivate my partcipation, widens the wealth gap for the top 5%, and leaves over 90% of participants with a relatively horrible reward for their equivalent time investment.

Thanks?

The top % already receive high rewards, via "The top 20 players of each class" (+ quest prizes + first clear prizes). I'm not sure why you've designed the level-based prizes in a way to further reward only the top, rather than to incentivize broad participation.

If you want stronger competition, you have to get people playing the races first. The competition will increase as more people participate and get more experienced. At the present trajectory, you're just going to have the same sad lonely group of competitors at the top, while everyone else decides not to bother.

Suggestion: Reverse the level-based reward structure, so that MOST points are accumulated at the bottom tiers. Then break up quest and full-clear prizes into a 1st place bonus + a bonus that everyone can get for doing it.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Apr 23, 2013, 5:30:53 PM
level 15 to get 3 points?
impossibru!

PS: Vhlad, linear rewards are boring by definition, which is bad.
Last edited by GotzYourBike on Apr 23, 2013, 5:31:23 PM
"
Level 28: 10 Reward Points
Level 25-27: 7 Reward Points
Level 24: 6 Reward Points
Level 22-23: 5 Reward Points
Level 21: 4 Reward Points
Level 15-20: 3 Reward Points
Level 9-14: 1 Reward Point

Utterly ridiculous
Most everyone will quit at lvl 15
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
"
Vhlad wrote:

GGG, your reward scheme does not motivate my partcipation, widens the wealth gap for the top 5%, and leaves over 90% of participants with a relatively horrible reward for their equivalent time investment.

Thanks?

The top % already receive high rewards, via "The top 20 players of each class" (+ quest prizes + first clear prizes). I'm not sure why you've designed the level-based prizes in a way to further reward only the top, rather than to incentivize broad participation.

If you want stronger competition, you have to get people playing the races first. The competition will increase as more people participate and get more experienced. At the present trajectory, you're just going to have the same sad lonely group of competitors at the top, while everyone else decides not to bother.

Suggestion: Reverse the level-based reward structure, so that MOST points are accumulated at the bottom tiers. Then break up quest and full-clear prizes into a 1st place bonus + a bonus that everyone can get for doing it.

You're matching an Ancestral Solo to a Non-Projectile solo... not sure where the correlation is. A plain solo had many characters level 25+. Many of them probably never used a projectile.

Your suggestion also makes no sense. It's like you're a border-line communist. Let me rephrase your suggestion: "Let's give handouts to less-skilled people because they have less time to practice." Real world comparison: "Let's subsidize poor people who don't work because they're lazy." Instead of increasing competition, your suggestion will make people content with sucking at the races.

What you should be doing, and other people who aren't as skilled as the top tier players, is practicing races and gathering information on how to perform better.

tldr;
Get better instead of asking for handouts. Subsidizing people with less skill will only create less competition. (Like communism.)
Last edited by zergfire on Apr 23, 2013, 6:25:15 PM
I don't understand why people are complaining about the prize awards. If you can't get passed level 20 in a 90 minute race well then that's your own fault, not GGG's. If you spent the time practicing instead of a whiny write up, maybe you would do better.
"
zergfire wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

Thanks?

You're matching an Ancestral Solo to a Non-Projectile solo... not sure where the correlation is. A plain solo had many characters level 25+. Many of them probably never used a projectile.

Your suggestion also makes no sense. It's like you're a border-line communist. Let me rephrase your suggestion: "Let's give handouts to less-skilled people because they have less time to practice." Real world comparison: "Let's subsidize poor people who don't work because they're lazy." Instead of increasing competition, your suggestion will make people content with sucking at the races.

What you should be doing, and other people who aren't as skilled as the top tier players, is practicing races and gathering information on how to perform better.

tldr;
Get better instead of asking for handouts. Subsidizing people with less skill will only create less competition. (Like communism.)

Trolling?
The only vanilla 90 minute solo they've done so far was a between season race with only 4 players level 25+.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/326370

And according to exilestats, your record for a 3 hour solo is level 24.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:

Trolling?
The only vanilla 90 minute solo they've done so far was a between season race with only 4 players level 25+.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/326370

And according to exilestats, your record for a 3 hour solo is level 24.

I love your response. "Trolling?" It's like you're a 12 year old who just learned what the word means.

As far as I know, 4 people is "many" for level 25+. I think you would agree.

Why do my stats matter at all? Thanks for checking them and wasting your time, by the way. Valuable time you could have spent getting better instead of venting anger on a thread. Haha.

I could have the shittiest of race scores and still have common sense.
Last edited by zergfire on Apr 23, 2013, 7:22:28 PM
"
Secksy wrote:
yet again the first two point bracket levels discourage playing for the full race time.

Going to be safe and farm coves until lvl 15 then sit in town. No reason to attempt merveil too much risk for too little reward.

Not everyone is a super amazing awesome no-life pro player.

If you can't beat merveil in 90 minutes the problem isn't with GGG.

Protip: Nessa sells Sapphire rings.
"
TyrusDark wrote:
"
Secksy wrote:
yet again the first two point bracket levels discourage playing for the full race time.

Going to be safe and farm coves until lvl 15 then sit in town. No reason to attempt merveil too much risk for too little reward.

Not everyone is a super amazing awesome no-life pro player.

If you can't beat merveil in 90 minutes the problem isn't with GGG.

Protip: Nessa sells Sapphire rings.

Only problem I have is if I rush it and gear sucks, and if I only had 1 portal or something merv takes a while dodging him but in p2 easier since there are mobs to kill to get pots back

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info