Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

update on my side:
did a bios update 3~ days ago and intentionally let expo (xmp for intel platforms) disabled and was able to play 3 days without crashes no clue if coincidence or if its some ram speed related problem on poe side on the new gen platforms AM5 and what every 13th gen is called

and since intel has the option to go ddr4 / ddr5 which AM5 doesnt have im curious if all you intel guys are ddr5
Last edited by h2co on Sep 16, 2023, 3:48:44 PM
Same problem. 21.09.2023.
Can't login after update
the problem "Failed to decompress (corrupted data)" was solved when I ran this file - Client.exe
"
TonyWonka wrote:
the problem "Failed to decompress (corrupted data)" was solved when I ran this file - Client.exe

What do you mean where is this?
Hi again folks, just wanted to mention that my game works with no doubts using the poe-client and the ssd, where my windows is usually installed. I wanted to avoid that drive but it seems like there is no other option to get the game playable.

Edit: Up to now (1h in) there was one Exception, but nothing similar to that "failed to decompress" error.

However, I will post when the game crashes on that drive aswell.

Until then, stay tuned
same problem, my fix (dellete folder Documents\My Games\Path of Exile) restart PC + PackCheck in game folder.

If all fine in the game change karui to enother location Teleport. Mb this.
Last edited by PathofExile2Metamorph on Sep 26, 2023, 2:15:55 PM
I have been getting these errors for the entire Ancestors league. I have tried every possible "fix" I can find with no success in getting rid of this error. File verification, fresh installs, deleting recommended folders, fresh installs to different drives, etc. It's exhausting trying to log in 10 times before I don't crash to desktop and it's making me want to give up on PoE.
I still have this issue since the latest patch yesterday, no fixes have worked yet :(

All other games run fine without issue.

i7-13700k
GTX 4090

Update - setting affinity to only use e-cores on POE does work... if you turn on p-cores (physical) then you crash. GGG is it possible to isolate the reason?
Last edited by Legit74 on Oct 2, 2023, 9:51:59 PM
"
Legit74 wrote:
I still have this issue since the latest patch yesterday, no fixes have worked yet :(

All other games run fine without issue.

i7-13700k
GTX 4090

Update - setting affinity to only use e-cores on POE does work... if you turn on p-cores (physical) then you crash. GGG is it possible to isolate the reason?

I do the same affinity config, the game is stuttering but wont crash.

I tried many sets of config, I am currently at low configs, 60 fps cap and setting the Engine multithreading to "Disabled (Not Recommended)". This made my game run smoothly.

my spec:
Spoiler
CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KF 3 GHz 24-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler
Thermal Compound: Noctua NT-H2 3.5 g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Phantom Gaming 4/D5 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6800 CL34 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte EAGLE OC GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card)
Case: Lian Li O11D XL-X ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 850 GQ 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: BenQ XL2430T 24.0" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz Monitor
Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 34.2" 3440 x 1440 165 Hz Curved Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech PRO X Superlight 2 Wireless/Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: JBL Quantum 800 Headset

please let me know if there is any other workaround to stuttering. Thanks!
"
Saratli wrote:
Hi again folks, just wanted to mention that my game works with no doubts using the poe-client and the ssd, where my windows is usually installed. I wanted to avoid that drive but it seems like there is no other option to get the game playable.

Edit: Up to now (1h in) there was one Exception, but nothing similar to that "failed to decompress" error.

However, I will post when the game crashes on that drive as well.

Until then, stay tuned

hey!

I tried installing poe-steam and poe-client in the same nvme ssd as windows, both failed. Reinstalled windows 11 fresh and crash again :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info