Season Two, Event 9: 1 Hour Solo

Well that sucks. Love racing, but got a family and its hard to get an Hour without interuptions. 1 point per race is pretty lame. I've only ever made 14 with luck and the family out of the house. Seems like as they fix one issue (time zones) they hit me with another discouraging change.

Maybe I'm just a crybaby casual, but have to admit the constant catering to a tiny % of hardcore players is starting to bug me.
Last edited by Litheum on Apr 18, 2013, 11:21:04 AM
"
Litheum wrote:
Well that sucks. Love racing, but got a family and its hard to get an Hour without interuorions. 1 point per race is pretty lame. I've only ever made 14 with luck and the family out of the house. Seems like as they fix one issue (time zones) they hit me with another discouraging change.

Maybe I'm just a crybaby casual, but have to admit the constant catering to a tiny % of hardcore players is starting to bug me.

But if you can't even play for one hour straight, you are a tiny minority too :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Litheum wrote:
Well that sucks. Love racing, but got a family and its hard to get an Hour without interuorions. 1 point per race is pretty lame. I've only ever made 14 with luck and the family out of the house. Seems like as they fix one issue (time zones) they hit me with another discouraging change.

But if you can't even play for one hour straight, you are a tiny minority too :)

First of all, I said interrupted, not "cant play 1 hour". Interupted....meaning get my kid a drink, change a diaper, or just answer a question from my wife. 1-2 minute interuption a few times and hour, and less focus on the race. And I'm clearly not that much of a minority seeing 700 out of 900 people got 14 or less last 1-hour.......

Regardless,

I was referring to the giant gap between what most players get for points/rewards, and what the top 20 or so get.

last 1 hour race:
700 people would get 1 point (14 and under)
200 people would get 3-5 points (16 and under/top 20 per class)
20 people would get Demis, 11-15 points, 3-10 times better odds at a random unique, all tier awards, "signature" awards, end-of-season demis. (area clears, boss firsts, class firsts, bonus top 20 points, signature bests, season bests)

Not asking for everyone to be handed 15 points a race.....but there is an obvious disparity between the top 2% of the league, and the rest of us. The way the awards are designed, is if you are in the top 20, you get more and more rewards, while the rest of us play to a certain level, get a few points, and thats it. Which is not that much fun.

Even adding progression races, elimination, tiny currency rewards for certain boss kills, bonus points for clearing a certain act/boss in a certain time. Anything to do beside grind to 10 or 14 and go back to permanent leagues. I just want races to be fun and rewarding even for us lowly 98% of the community.

It's cool they are rewarded for there time, effort and skill, but the gap is massive for roughly 20 out of 900 people. And the bonus points all reward the same few people.

98% of people average 2 points a race
2% of people average 13 pts, 1-2 uniques, tier awards, season awards.

IDK, you can argue that this is OK, and stop complaining (Thats completely debatable and its fine).....but the facts are indisputable that the gap for 2% of the playerbase is massive.

Last edited by Litheum on Apr 18, 2013, 11:25:55 AM
"
Litheum wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Litheum wrote:

I was referring to the giant gap between what most players get for points/rewards, and what the top 20 or so get.

last 1 hour race:
700 people would get 1 point (14 and under)
200 people would get 3-5 points (16 and under/top 20 per class)
20 people would get Demis, 11-15 points, 3-10 times better odds at a random unique, all tier awards, "signature" awards, end-of-season demis. (area clears, boss firsts, class firsts, bonus top 20 points, signature bests, season bests)

Not asking for everyone to be handed 15 points a race.....but there is an obvious disparity between the top 2% of the league, and the rest of us. The way the awards are designed, is if you are in the top 20, you get more and more rewards, while the rest of us play to a certain level, get a few points, and thats it. Which is not that much fun.

Even adding progression races, elimination, tiny currency rewards for certain boss kills, bonus points for clearing a certain act/boss in a certain time. Anything to do beside grind to 10 or 14 and go back to permanent leagues. I just want races to be fun and rewarding even for us lowly 98% of the community.

It's cool they are rewarded for there time, effort and skill, but the gap is massive for roughly 20 out of 900 people. And the bonus points all reward the same few people.

98% of people average 2 points a race
2% of people average 13 pts, 1-2 uniques, tier awards, season awards.

IDK, you can argue that this is OK, and stop complaining (Thats completely debatable and its fine).....but the facts are indisputable that the gap for 2% of the playerbase is massive.

I think they are trying to make one hours generate less points on average for the time investment. I think it is a good idea and like it.

Top players will win the races regardless, the only thing I don't like is they have such a high chance of getting random prizes which are targeted for everyone but them for the most part. I would like it if anyone with 1 point or more just got placed into a draw with same chances of winning.
I think the reward tiers need to be looked at again, having to hit lvl15 in a 1 hour race seems really harsh.

"
DLKY wrote:
I think the reward tiers need to be looked at again, having to hit lvl15 in a 1 hour race seems really harsh.

I think for most races in season 2 the lower tier of points has been made harder again compared to the 2nd half of season 1. For a newbie racer like me this is quite dissapoiting because i was intrigued by the new prices, but i fear most races will just yield 1 point.
Wow, lvl 15 for 3 RP... noobs are not welcome here. I usually ranked ~10-15th ranger in 1h solo last season, and lvl 14 was what I usually got.
Last edited by Thalandor on Apr 18, 2013, 1:08:53 PM
"
Thalandor wrote:
Wow, lvl 15 for 3 RP... noobs are not welcome here. I usually ranked ~10-15th ranger in 1h solo last season, and lvl 14 was what I usually got.

+1.
My average lvl was 14 in S1. One time I've reached 15. I'm not nolifer, working 8h a day I can't spend many time for racing. So, 1 hour races are my choice to participate from time to time.
I've reached 60 points in S1. Now I have to participate in 3 times more races (1h) to reach the same result in S2. Sad.

Moreover, 3h race and 1h race will give you the same points. I'd better spend my 3 hours for 3 1-hour races and obtain 3 times more points than participating in one 3-hour race.
I like small changes, the changes in points distribution is not in the range of small though.
"
indiehjaerta wrote:
I like small changes, the changes in points distribution is not in the range of small though.

agreed, 1hour races will probably see less people in them later on in season 2 as it will be discouraging for most to just get 1 pt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info