Season Two, Event 9: 1 Hour Solo

"
Hooblah wrote:

I think they are trying to make one hours generate less points on average for the time investment. I think it is a good idea and like it.

Top players will win the races regardless, the only thing I don't like is they have such a high chance of getting random prizes which are targeted for everyone but them for the most part. I would like it if anyone with 1 point or more just got placed into a draw with same chances of winning.

If that was there goal, they are failing. They made it so people who put in a lot of races/time, but arent skilled/focused/lucky enough to break 14 every race get severely punished.

The top 2% of players, once again, get more rewards.
While the other 98% can put in the time and races, with miminal rewards.
Look at the nerf to Levels 11-15???
I dont get it.

Level 21+: Was 7, Now 10
Level 20: was 7, now 7
Level 19: was 7, now 6
Level 18: was 6, now 6
Level 17: was 6, now 5
Level 16: Was 5, now 4
Level 15: Was 5, now 3
Level 13-14: Was 4, now 1
Level 11-12: Was 3, now 1
Level 10: Was 1, now 1
Level 8-9: Was 1, now 0

after the top 20 or so each race, the gap is massive, and drops off even more. By the time you get through the top 10% of the players, you are scraping for a few points, as the top 2% are getting Demis, 11-15 points, 3-10 times better odds at a random unique, all tier awards, "signature" awards, and end-of-season demis.

Last edited by Litheum on Apr 18, 2013, 4:06:49 PM
yeeeah I don't know about this 1 hour reward structure...
"
boof wrote:
yeeeah I don't know about this 1 hour reward structure...

Me neither. But the average player is getting better, reaching higher levels.. there should be some incentive to keep improving. After all, it is called a "reward".. not a free gift.
Reaching 7 or 15 points during the season should be doable by most players that actually try, even if they only compete in a few races per week.

And I still haven't figured out why there is no 2 point bracket.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Apr 18, 2013, 4:36:04 PM
3 pointer reward should be lvl 13, not 15.
I really like the new 10 point level rewards, they add something truly challenging to strive for. To put it into perspective, lvl 22 has only been obtained once before in a official race. With the Western nerf lvl 22 may not even be obtainable anymore but I'm sure someone will step up and do it during this season. The same goes for the 10 point bracket in 3 hour races, level 37, I believe about 6 or 7 people have ever reached that level before.

Now for the bad part about the 10 point rewards, they're only reachable for a select few classes. For example, a witch has never reached the level required for the 7 point reward in a 3 hour race while duelists/templars have a fairly easy time reaching it. This issue existed in season 1 as well, it's nothing new. I guess making the reward brackets class specific would be quite a mess, though.

Now for the lower point rewards, I think they are too harsh. I'd love to see as many people as possible enjoying and participating in races, clearly the point brackets are too harsh for the majority of players. While handing out stuff 'for free' is undesirable, these brackets are just overdoing it.

As for the random unique drawings, everyone who earned at least 1 point should have an equal chance to win them. The people who are getting 20 points per race most certainly do not need an increased chance to win the lottery uniques as well.
IGN : asdfman
^^^^ And this from a kick ass racer ^^^^

i like GGG in general but when i read the point rewards for several of the races i finally caught myself blurting outloud "These guys are assholes" - cmon, think about it, do you really want to push out 90% of your players from races and only have a few people trying? now the only reason to race is to beat your own score and hope your 1 point can win you a tiny odds random drawing... unless your a top 20....
Last edited by Obbes on Apr 18, 2013, 5:46:49 PM
"
asdfman wrote:

As for the random unique drawings, everyone who earned at least 1 point should have an equal chance to win them. The people who are getting 20 points per race most certainly do not need an increased chance to win the lottery uniques as well.

I can already see Kripp vendoring 5 shiverstings because he got too many
"
while duelists/templars have a fairly easy time reaching it. This issue existed in season 1 as well, it's nothing new. I guess making the reward brackets class specific would be quite a mess, though.

You generalize broken builds can reach it.

A witch with EK Hatred and Added Fire damage can reach those levels too but how likely is it that 2 off class gems drop?

Change it to ironman(1 character only) and the race only duelists and shadows will reach those levels
"
asdfman wrote:

Now for the bad part about the 10 point rewards, they're only reachable for a select few classes.

yep that's exactly what had me troubled
Edited to reduce the low rewards, 8 for 1 point, 12 for 3. I'll update the other races soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info