PoE Density is so good.

hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
I don't hate PoE for the record. I still play occasionally.

It's just that PoE's development direction, to me, no longer respects a players time. The chasm between player types has gotten too large, and the alienation too much to overcome. I'd even argue that it seems like there is development disagree amongst devs at GGG Re: Ruthless, highlighting this issue.

PoE will continue to thrive amongst a more niche playerbase, of that I have no doubt, as the 40/40 types will be over D4 shortly, if not already.

Millions of others will be fine in their new home however. The scale of which should be very interesting to see next month into Exilecon and the couple leagues prior to critical 4.0 release.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 17, 2023, 8:32:45 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:

It's hard to say.

Just tired of blind and ignorant hate. It's just like opposing teams hating on each other, it's just negative IQ. And to be fair, i'm against blind hatred of any kind. If that's seen as love, it only proves how everything has to be black and white nowadays, no shades of gray.

I'd also cut density in half if it would mean double the loot. There's a point it gets completely mindless, and i feel we've passed it.
Last edited by Z3RoNightMare on Jun 17, 2023, 9:41:25 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

It's just that PoE's development direction, to me, no longer respects a players time. The chasm between player types has gotten too large, and the alienation too much to overcome. I'd even argue that it seems like there is development disagree amongst devs at GGG Re: Ruthless, highlighting this issue.

PoE will continue to thrive amongst a more niche playerbase, of that I have no doubt, as the 40/40 types will be over D4 shortly, if not already.

Millions of others will be fine in their new home however. The scale of which should be very interesting to see next month into Exilecon and the couple leagues prior to critical 4.0 release.

Let's not get things diluted here, mate. I've been playing Diablo IV the 'intended' way, i.e. not abusing the dungeon reset mechanic, and at ~150 hours logged I'm sitting at lv. 69, WT4, with most dungeons unexplored. I can easily see myself playing for another 150. And then I'm supposed to do it again, including all side quests (for renown) each season?

I'd argue that both games are equal in terms of time investment for the "full experience."
Streaming Path of Exile on Twitch: Twitch.tv/ActionRPGs

“There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” ―Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Exhumer1 on Jun 17, 2023, 11:55:05 PM
LOG THE FUCK IN re-grind your renown I'm solo will be level 100 in I ono probably this week like you go in a NM dungeon and I'm telling you shit is empty like a hollow cause you know I try hard in PoE as well so I'm use to seeing 99999999999 mobs vs this shit and the devs don't wanna buff density; Instead they wanna buff exp which is fucking stupid.

Exp is the LAST factor you wanna give a shit about that shouldn't even be a fucking variable.

PoE sure but IV? Fuck no naw you want density DENSITY DENSITY

D E N S I T Y and as I said they nerfed density across the board NM Dungeon wise this week or last week forgot it was so stupid.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 18, 2023, 12:03:01 AM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Mean while in this other game I do end game and there's like 5 fucking skeletons here what the fuck is this shit per room.

That's strange, because I'm over here just running through some nightmare dungeons finding 20+ elite packs per.

If you don't like D4 that's great and all, no need to lie about it though.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Mean while in this other game I do end game and there's like 5 fucking skeletons here what the fuck is this shit per room.

That's strange, because I'm over here just running through some nightmare dungeons finding 20+ elite packs per.

If you don't like D4 that's great and all, no need to lie about it though.

You think I'm lying?

I'm playing your game and will be level 100 in a week and do you know what I just got a crone staff; Now do you know what means?

Means I do 100m+ crits at tier level 100s

Your game has zero density dude LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 18, 2023, 1:13:27 AM
"
Exhumer1 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Let's not get things diluted here, mate. I've been playing Diablo IV the 'intended' way, i.e. not abusing the dungeon reset mechanic, and at ~150 hours logged I'm sitting at lv. 69, WT4, with most dungeons unexplored. I can easily see myself playing for another 150. And then I'm supposed to do it again, including all side quests (for renown) each season?

I'd argue that both games are equal in terms of time investment for the "full experience."

That's not really what I meant. Anyone can log similar hours into both games. In PoE however you have Manifestos, huge patch notes, massive balance swings, meta shifts, mechanical and crafting changes, and more. It's likely if you took more than a couple leagues away, you won't know what the fuck is going on in PoE. If you have a character in standard your passive tree gets reset or your build doesn't work anymore and you won't know why often times.

You have to spend many hours not even playing the game in PoE to stay up with it, in addition to the game knowledge requirements which far exceed anything in D4.

Also D4 has alternative leveling, with universal boosts so you dont have to start a campaign fresh every single time you want to try a new character. It's just way more player friendly investment wise.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 18, 2023, 1:50:27 AM
Fucking how good are skill point unlocks? So good. Pretty much brings any build online in the first half hour. Bleedbarb took a bit longer due to the game-changing Rupture but all my others are doing their thing real early into the game.

I am amused that necro seems to be the tank class (only one to get a shield so it tracks) while the barbarian is proving much more technical due to the four legendary slot options on weapons. The Barbarian really benefits from unlocked aspects and materials/gold earned on previous characters.

Mucking about with chain lightning and lightning spear aka Yondu's Blue Whistle atm. I love how enchantments aren't a separate set of skills but a passive derived from existing ones. That's kinda clever.

...Sorry, kinda got off a rant there folks. OP has played her point out (mob density mostly is an Exile problem) and she just prompted me to talk about Diablo IV for a bit.

Such a fun game. :)
The name says it all.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I've been at D4 since 6/1. Nonetheless, D4 is barely holding my attention. I'm in a very weird place where I essentially hate D4 but don't want to come back to PoE. I got my deadeye to ~1.1k delve and had a mirrored bow before I left the season, so I wasn't a casual player. I'm not sure why I'm in such a strange place, but both games need major improvement.

In D4, I have a lvl 100 rogue, 80 druid, and currently leveling my barb who's lvl 51. D4's density is complete and utter dog sht. This game is boring me to tears every day. PoE has the same capacity to bore me as well since there's no challenging content except for trying to delve to 6k, but to do that, I'd have to play some meme ass build.. nah, f that.

Last edited by HwtChirino on Jun 18, 2023, 4:41:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info