PoE Density is so good.

Mean while in this other game I do end game and there's like 5 fucking skeletons here what the fuck is this shit per room.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 17, 2023, 10:02:59 AM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2023, 1:25:07 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
*Senpai notices you*
The name says it all.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Mean while in this other game I do end game and there's like 5 fucking skeletons here what the fuck is this shit per room.

It's a lot easier to have good performance when there are a lot less things going on/being calculated. If you're going to appeal to a larger audience, you have to also work well with all sorts of computers. That other game knows this very well.
In this topic, i like a small pack of monsters, in PoE when you start juicing maps the engine cant handle, and i hate freezes and fps drops in maps, imagine letting a game scale until it crash...
Last edited by purgepurge on Jun 17, 2023, 12:49:50 PM
"
purgepurge wrote:
In this topic, i like a small pack of monsters, in PoE when you start juicing maps the engine cant handle, and i hate freezes and fps drops in maps, imagine letting a game scale until it crash...

I kind of like that they don't cap the game based upon being inclusive of average, outdated or underpower machines. The only issue I've experienced in a while was due to network issues, even on juiced maps. Admittedly that will exclude a lot of people from doing crazy things, but not everyone.

The alternative is boring no density vanilla things that can't be juiced much to be more inclusive. We have Diablo for that. Let POE be crazy juiced maps that not every machine can do. Besides, it's not like you have to juice the maps to that level.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jun 17, 2023, 1:51:00 PM
PoE map density is good by default. Start juicing it and you get more density than Sao Paolo.

Heard they're buffing xp in that other game you play so might be less choreish. Mob density gotta stay low tho for that mount to work, just like lost ark. Got all them kokomo seeds, sorry lilith altars?
Second-class poe gamer
I wonder how many millions Blizzard saved on advertisement and rent from the PoE community alone.
I think even Minecraft and Terraria have a better and higher mob density than the other game.
Weird that even a simple sandbox game can achieve that easily without going full into the hack&slay genre at all.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Z3RoNightMare wrote:
I wonder how many millions Blizzard saved on advertisement and rent from the PoE community alone.

It's hard to say.

The odd group of POE hating and Diablo loving folks that camp here and advertise are pretty persistent. What's your hourly rate? Maybe we can get a rough estimate based upon that.

This is a POE forum where obviously discussion with regards to POE and the debatably adjacent competitor in the ARPG field will come up; particularly so close to the D4 release. I know why I'm here. I still can't figure out why POE haters keep coming though. It's a true mystery to me.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jun 17, 2023, 3:32:19 PM
Lol at "that other game". I_NO likely remembers that we used to refer to Diablo 3 here as TOG to try to minimise giving THAT other game too much attention on a Path of Exile forum.

Guess it worked as well back then as it is now.

The more things change...

On-topic: I find Diablo IV's density perfect for what sort of game it is. Super low stress fun kill shit explore level up ARPG. If I want to feel like a game is actually challenging and rewarding my skill and time, well, that's what FromSoft and Koei Tecmo are for. And those games aren't exactly relying on mob density either.

And if I do want to deal with mob density -- Vampire Survivors is kind of the epitome of that style of game.

Many are GGG's sins, and introducing performance-chunking mob density to a free to play ARPG that struggles to keep up with it is most definitely one. Until PoE, *no one* cared about mob density in an ARPG. It just wasn't that competitive. Cows were a joy to mow down en masse but that was about it. Was it any less fun? D2 remains the gold standard and it has a comparable density to Those Other Games. It was much more about optimising boss runs than pretending to be a shmup.

As with a lot of latter-day PoE, overcooked mob density is like processed filler. Tasty, zero-value flab. Cheap ingredients so you don't notice you're not actually getting a satisfying meal. You're just chewing through fat.

I will be *very* surprised if PoE 4.0 makes mob density a selling point rather than (uhoh) simplification and streamlining of systems just in case some of those people burnt out on That Other Game turn their gaze towards Wraeclast. Some of you who take so much pride in "mastering" a deliberately obtuse, dense build-and-trade simulator are in for such a delightful shock when/if "Path of Exile 2" reveals its weight loss program.

And that's me being my usual overly optimistic self on your behalf.

PS am I a "PoE Hater"? Is it really that simple? I love so much about it. I'm just not IN love with it anymore. I think the only thing I truly hate about it is how much it's holding GGG back creatively but hey you make your bed of spun gold, you lie in it. And occasional tell the truth too. Bwahaha.
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jun 18, 2023, 4:04:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info