Map Management Resource

"
Lyralei wrote:
Some affixes in the latest patch have had their values become a variable range. I will have to update the resource to reflect this soon.

Where did all the pretty colors go? Adjusting to this will be a pain QQ

PS. This guide is amazing, helped me go from dropping out of 70-73 maps to 68 maps, to now I have a nice base of 71-74s and have multiple 76s and even a Shipyard.
Last edited by Bobo337 on Jun 6, 2013, 9:04:43 AM
I collected some data on map drops that you guys might find useful. I put it here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/406975
Reflect became 18% instead of 20.

Also you might want to alter Dunes map and Spider Forest boss difficulty. Hillock now has super leap slam and very fast attacks AND goes back to full health after he pulls his sword.
IGN KarbietSchieter
The Blacksmith from the Spider Forest now jumps around like Oak :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
entropus wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
Do i have any sufficient evidence to back my claims? No, there is no way i could have some, not keeping track of mods and quantity i rolled and what they yielded. Subjectively seen tho, im done with "attractive" mods on maps.

Me and my map buddy have just couple of 71 and 72, though I feel you pain man. It's hard to sustain the map pool and not get back to grinding some low level maps;/
I will post my map-running data, with IIQ percentages and drop quantity of maps in couple of days, when the sample size gets larger ;-)

Would you guys run this set of prefixes and affixes (maze, more monsters) or run this map with some hard mods amounting to 95% IIQ? The guide in this topic states there are the best, but I run some mazed maps that got me no maps in return, and run some 90%+ that gave couple of high level ones.

Dont get me wrong, im not complaining *at all*. I realize now that i should have ran 66 maps 70-77 67 maps at 78 and so on, and then just build a crapload of currency and higher level maps in the lower brackets till a sufficient high level map pool was built, compared to running higher level maps right away, with a pool too small to compensate for streaks of bad luck.

But above example is what usually gives me one map, if that (usually at least a level lower). Could be bad luck, as said its probably very subjective to claim mazes with double demographic rolls yield less maps, and going by logic that shouldnt happen, but i still get that feeling.

Anyhow, im not claiming mazes are bad, and going by the guys that run shipyards with mazes all the time to sustain their top level map pool, its a good idea. But im heaving no luck with that.
"
Cataca wrote:

Anyhow, im not claiming mazes are bad, and going by the guys that run shipyards with mazes all the time to sustain their top level map pool, its a good idea. But im heaving no luck with that.

There's kind of a big difference between Shipyard's maze and other mazes.. It's like Temple on crack.

Shipyard is Wharf without maze, then it becomes this absolutely massive beast of a map when it's mazed.
Yes. Some maps do indeed benefit more from a maze than others. Likewise for larger area.

With regards to the recent patch, I've alerted the right people who will look into fixing the broken colour code format and I'll update the resource once that gets fixed. Am well aware that I need to address the difficulty changes to The Blacksmith and Asphyxia.
"
Bobo337 wrote:

There's kind of a big difference between Shipyard's maze and other mazes. It's like Temple on crack.

Shipyard is Wharf without maze, then it becomes this absolutely massive beast of a map when it's mazed.

In addition:

Often one gets a Maze on Temple by using Alterations followed by a Regal. This will always give 3 modifiers, one of which is a 0% IIQ Maze.

For Shipyard you would use Chaos Orbs to get either:
- Maze + 4 good modifiers and use an Exalted to get a fifth
- Maze + 5 good modifiers

As Shipyards go for several exalted (> 200 Chaos), spending 25 chaos or so to roll a good Maze is worth it.

Therefore Shipyards should be both Maze AND high IIQ, while Temples are usually Maze OR high IIQ

Of course you can use many Chaos Orbs on Temple maps to get a Maze+good mods roll, but it is highly cost-ineffective.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jun 7, 2013, 8:33:15 AM
"
The Blacksmith from the Spider Forest now jumps around like Oak :D

WHEEEEERE'S THE BLAAAACKSMIIIIITH?
WHEEEEERE'S THE BLAAAACKSMIIIIITH?

Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
I spent a lot of time running 66/67/68 maps over the last few days/weeks. Got some data on signature monsters.

Dried Lake - cave crustaceans
Grotto - not sure, why am I not sure? I ran so many of these.
Ruin - not tentacle + drenched miscreations!
Island - Dread Primates

Ledge - goatmen and/or Stalag Nightmares
Thicket - Night Adders
Arcade - should be statues

Pyramid - Constructs

Also, inhabitation affixes (bandits, skeletons, etc) override the signature monsters, as far as I can tell.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Jun 10, 2013, 10:48:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info