purchasable player taunt animation suggestions

Templar should be able to moon people. He is pant-less afterall.
I'd like to see the 'bash shield' taunt that the bandits stop to do.

I'd buy that. :)
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Definitely flipping someone off, but the gesture itself should be pixellated for maximum humour.

I highly doubt that GGG's character models and animation skeletons allow for the movement of individual fingers. That sort of fidelity would be a complete waste of resources in a game like this.

IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Definitely flipping someone off, but the gesture itself should be pixellated for maximum humour.

I highly doubt that GGG's character models and animation skeletons allow for the movement of individual fingers. That sort of fidelity would be a complete waste of resources in a game like this.

I'm not really interested in this myself, but the way I see it, it doesn't really matter if the models can animate their fingers or not. Just have them put their arm in a proper position, then pixelize the hand. We wouldn't see the fingers anyway, so no need to animate them.

I think other rude gestures would be more appropriate for the relatively small models, like the one where you put your hand under your chin and pull it out while opening it, like you're scratching the underside of of your chin with the back of your fingers; or the one where you drop your left hand onto the inner side of your right arm just before the elbow, and snap your right forearm up with the fist clenched.

I researched these gestures after typing all this, and it turns out they have names:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gestures

I was referring to the chin flick: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/8788932/Rude-hand-gestures-of-the-world.html

and bras d'honneur: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bras_d%27honneur
A man, shirtless, wearing black leather boots and long gloves, a torturer's apron at his waist, shank in hand, surrounded by dead babies.
I just want to be able to purchase a character that starts at marauder position but has ranger skin. And goes for pretty much any class, I like templar model as well, and would love to use any starting position. If not thats only a minor thing, and i wouldn't pay a ton for it, but would be willing to pay for the option.

As for taunts, its a good question, I can't really think of any that I want, expect watch a video of lindsey sterling how she dances while playing a violin, if I could make my character dance like that while playing the violin I would pay money, then dance on corpses with a violin. Maybe include some other instruments as well, like banging on some drums and dancing and yelling like a pacific islander, should know this well enough being in new zealand.
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if it was
already suggested.

Fatality animation. You move over a dead player's body and
execute fatality.

Animations like:

- decapitation
- ripping hearts out
- stabbing a stick through head
- freezing and then shatter the body
- poking eyes
- incineration
- bodies melting with acid
- electrocution

ye friendly gestures like those above...

"
Kanye_West wrote:
I think it would be awesome if you could make your minions do the thriller dance. Imagine an end game summoner doing that with a whole screen of minions!

This. This times a hundred. :D
IGN : Jovial
My two cents:

If you want people to pay for taunts, simple animations, as in body motions, just won't cut it.

What people (including me) are going to pay for are taunts that involve displays of power. Some ideas:

Meteorite Crush
-> The character extends the hand and a small meteorite lands on it from the sky. Immediately, the character crushes it, shattering it in pieces and muttering: "You're no match for my power".

Frozen Statue
-> This one would be tricky to implement but I assure you... Everyone would buy it, HARD. When you use the taunt, you create an ice statue of the last unit/player you killed (it's easy, just recreate the model with the Frozen texture). Then, your character mutters "Look at you... So frail!" and shatters it with his/her fist.

Arrow Pincushion-> This one is a little hard to explain, but here goes. It would need a bow. The character shoots upwards, the arrow starts to arch. Then he/she shoots again a little lower, and a little lower, until 4/5 arrows are in the air at different heights. With good timing, all of them land in the same spot. "How do you like my precision?".

Skeleton Throne
-> This one for the summoners: Four skeletons come from the ground around the character and dig up a throne of bones. The character casually sits back on it and says something cool.

Those assuming you want long animations, more like victory dances than taunts. If I were to pay for something shorter... Hmm.

Illusory high five-> This would be amazing if GGG develops some "illusion" skills in which you create copies of yourself, because the taunt would mimick those. The idea is that when you play the taunt, you seamlessly create a copy that steps aside and high fives you, then dissapears (perhaps the original character dissapears and the copy remains, for more confusion).

Shadow laughter-> This one to make use of the amazing shadows in PoE. Your character stands still (arms crossed) but his/her laugh starts cackling maniacally, (make it obvious that his shadow is doing something different). For the players who play without Shadows, it could be replaced by a normal laugh.
Last edited by Falcord on May 31, 2012, 11:36:06 AM
"
velrac wrote:
weapon salute
conquistor stance with the red blanket waving
roflmao where your character rolls around laughing hysterically
the captain morgan stance with your leg raised up on your opponets dead body
taps where after you make your kill you break out the bugle and play the taps song

Class specific weapon salute to acknowledge an excellent fight. Would use this against worthy opponents to show respect.

The Captain Morgan is clever. Thats a good all-purpose taunt.

Templar standing over the body preforming last rights seems appropriate. Could have a subtle aura around the body as its performed.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
If you have a kiwi, I think it would be cool to have some sort of interaction between the kiwi and a recently slain corpse.

ex. the kiwi picking at or making a nest in the corpse

Just my two cents :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info