why PoE is dying

"
Pashid wrote:
"
KFieLdGaming wrote:
See you in a couple weeks when you're out of content in d4.

Ikr?
Some people took their time off work for the rushed release. Quite amusing that the content won't last long even if you have a busy full time job.

But pretty sure blizzard got their money mines all covered with plenty of full paid but minimalistic dlcs and other paid content to keep the money milking going :)

They could always try selling a base class as a dlc again.

Seriously hope they don't make any stupid moves like ^ that again and succeed in reviving some of what made blizzard so great previously.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jun 1, 2023, 1:30:56 PM
hoho money first players second
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jun 1, 2023, 1:33:49 PM
"
xPiranha wrote:

Not sure if aimed at Blizz or GGG or both.
"
hasatt0 wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:

Not sure if aimed at Blizz or GGG or both.
yes
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
I've been playing this game very casually for years, sometimes not even playing for a year (or longer) and then returning for a league, and repeat.

I've never reached the "true" endgame, i haven't even seen many bosses since u have to follow a build guide to even create a viable build, and if u somehow mess up or dont get enough currency to advance, you are stuck in T15-16 maps and eventually get bored and quit. I've never even exalt slammed an item, because it was always more profitable to just sell those, than to craft myself.

I do like that Poe is more complex than games like Diablo, but its not casual gamer friendly AT ALL. Once i reach a certain level in a league, i should have an option to just skip the entire campaign and start over, without having to do it all again. The game is so punishing to newer players that i do understand many players dont even want to try or quit early on.

I've played like 5-6 leagues over many years, and i still feel like i never really understood the game. It's so convoluted at this point that u almost need 24 hour tutorial video and still not understand half of the mechanics.
ive played since beta. on and off and the only reason i play is because i just beat another game and have nothing else to play. PoE will always be benched the game itself is no longer innovative, very few builds are viable for SSFHC. you can't even play 95% of the melee skills its sad really the direction it has gone.

i have spent over 5000$ USD on this game because it has given me 4000 hours of entertainment. money well spent imo regardless
What killed it for me?

- Doing the acts over and over and over and over again every single freaking time is killing the game.
- Outdated graphics.
- PoE has become too complicated.
- Shitty way of trading.

I could go on for hours. But i rather spend that time in Diablo 4 :).
I think one of biggest problems in POE is too many active skill gems(or we say builds) are shitty. Players have few builds to play to beat endgame bosses. No ideas why we need so much shitty gems when they do nothing fun or effectiveness.You probably never touch "stormbind" "chain hook" for your entire game life coz it feels shit. So when league sucks, nothing to play to feel fun.
"
undermoment wrote:
I think one of biggest problems in POE is too many active skill gems(or we say builds) are shitty. Players have few builds to play to beat endgame bosses. No ideas why we need so much shitty gems when they do nothing fun or effectiveness.You probably never touch "stormbind" "chain hook" for your entire game life coz it feels shit. So when league sucks, nothing to play to feel fun.

See, that's the thing. I never worry about endgame bosses and learning the arcade bullet hell fights. I create all manner of fun "sub-par" builds around weird skills and items, and play them up into maps. That's my end-game, and it's more than enough for me. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
GravitIce wrote:

I could go on for hours..

No, you couldn't. Actually, the only issue you were capable of pointing out is having to do the acts every time you make a new char. Everything else you mentioned is subjective.

Again, what's the deal with these D4 players who rather hang around here than play the game? Just let go, it's fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info