What unique would you make if you could win the "make your unique" challenge

Something like this:

Innocence forgives you
"
Something like this:

lol that's the biggest troll drop in history lol. If it dropped 20,000 times per league. There would be exactly 2 that were usable in solo play

I think it needs to give a free Physical/Elemental/Chaos Aegis aura for player and player's minions only. Like free level 10-30 on each Aegis and then change minion damage range to 100 - 150

either that or I'd give it 700pdps as an attack weapon

btw i like it cuz it's weird but in party play that is super abusable
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Well, many streamers might not have noticed, but I still love to hear that track when I play Acton's Nightmare.

I genuinely think it's the best thing I've funded with this game. Still, it gutted my girl when she saw a streamer just pissing through it with the sound off.

But oh some of the ideas she had for the map itself -- my favourite was the music would stop, the world would shake and light would bathe the screen, obliterating otherwise *impossible to stop* undead. No DD, no shatter. The only thing that could destroy the occupants of Acton's Nightmare was her peeking into it. Hence the flavour text.

Oh, and destroying Rose and Thorn. Of course. But you wouldn't be facing them in a hurry in the original design. OTOH like most old Maps, it was made for an entirely different game. A fortress designed to challenge invaders armed with muskets and sabres. The arsenal Exiles bring now was impossible to conceive then. You know this, so I shan't say more.

__

Ha, I have the right answer:

I'd ask to design a spear or crossbow.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
As always Charan adds delight to every thread!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
BearCares wrote:

lol that's the biggest troll drop in history lol. If it dropped 20,000 times per league. There would be exactly 2 that were usable in solo play

I think it needs to give a free Physical/Elemental/Chaos Aegis aura for player and player's minions only. Like free level 10-30 on each Aegis and then change minion damage range to 100 - 150

either that or I'd give it 700pdps as an attack weapon

btw i like it cuz it's weird but in party play that is super abusable

If i didn't have to copy-paste it together like some kind of psychopath i might've changed some wording and added a (minion type) multi modifier like the precursor rings with charges but instead it would've rolled zombies/skeletons/spectres Those specific minion rolls would have like 2-4 tiers that would give more minions of that type only instead of all 3 and the skeleton would get the most max number followed by zombies and then spectres getting the least max number increases.

Additionally the reservation mechanic would change to be specific to the minion type rolled on the staff causing minions over your maximum number to reserve life (unaffected by reservation modifiers) each minion would have a flat percentage reservation with skeletons being the lowest, zombies in the middle and spectres at the highest reservation cost.
(this is on top of the already present and unavoidable forced life reservation the item has.

Innocence forgives you
Still this one: Eternal Archives. :)
"
Alysma wrote:
Still this one: Eternal Archives. :)

Thats a nice one, I wonder what tales it would tell.
Innocence forgives you
Calling maps the ultimate unique base has the downside of it beeing a token/key.
And usually what happens is: the server gets a hickup, kicks you out of it and says you can´t enter it anymore due to an unexpected error which occured after you farmed 36 lesser tokens to unlock that uberdupercontent/boss which was supposed to reward you with something maybeusefull.
To reduce the chance of dissapointing one would have to
-make it easily accessable
-lower the challange to a 3minute completion interval
-lower the rewards to the same stuff you can get outside of those tokens

The successfullness of creating a unique should be measured instead in its longevity, the less developertime required every 3 months to readjust it to the current meta the better, its powerlevel should always be lower than that of a rare one, best to remove all combinability with keystones as those are the most unstable ways for GGG to "fix" a "build", maybe a little bit of inventory tetris for entertainment. You might be surprised about all the art created in those redundant stashtabs.

I think the best one i ever created was when i corrupted my older brothers warriorchar in D1 to make his sword shoot an arrow every time he swinged the blade, boy was he angry with me :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
The fact that you think they'd BOTHER adjusting a unique for any given meta is fucking cracking me up, fellow old-timer.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
We have plenty of peeps asking them every 3 months to do exactly that, its just a sysiphean task to do all that to 500uniques all the time on a constant rota.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info