[3.24] Herald of Agony CI - The dirty Scorpion-tail | Inbuilt Mageblood | Poison-Minion-Pathfinder

1) You are absolutely crazy!
2) This is the biggest build I have seen so far.
Thx for the hard work.
"
A bit of a noob question: how are you getting 95 Virulence stacks? The skill gem limits the stacks to 40 max. There must be some tech I can't see :)

With "Pure Agony" on medium cluster jewels. Gives +5 max virulence each.
"
Feurn wrote:
With "Pure Agony" on medium cluster jewels. Gives +5 max virulence each.

Ah yes, I see that. That's only +15 though = 55?
"
t0lkien wrote:
A bit of a noob question: how are you getting 95 Virulence stacks? The skill gem limits the stacks to 40 max. There must be some tech I can't see :)

Hi JRR!

Yes, it's like Feurn writes, the medium clusters pure agony scale HoA-virulences for most damage.
PoB always count only the inserted activated clusters, so it's equal which number is set in the pob-configurations.

B.i.s. geared you can raise virulences further with 3 voices clusters to 3x3 pure agony, that's 40 by default + (9x5=)45 = total 85 virulences.
"
Feurn wrote:
I don't know if it's a good idea but for the early (solo) leveling with PF, since you don't have access to minion gems/passives in the tree, i would go :

Until level 12
~ Anybow skill (i like Galvanic Arrow) - Added cold - Mirage Archer (clearing)
~ Ballista totem - Galvanic Arrow - Added cold (single target)
~ Precision, War banner, movement skill

Until level 18
~ Rain of Arrow - Trinity - Mirage Archer - WED
~ Precision, War banner, movement skill
~ Add Purity of Element and Sniper Mark when you can (level 24)

Until level 28
Switch Ballista totem/Galvanic for Artillery Balista (single target)
~ Artillery Balista - WED - Added cold - Focused Ballista (level 31)

Try to upgrade often bow with flat elemental dmg and its easy leveling. Level the gems needed for HoAg meanwhile.

I would swap to HoAg at Act 6 where I can get all gems, couple of 4L gear, double curse and better chance to poison. I might switch RoA for Ball of lightning at this time since its easier to build virulence.

I tested starting with SRS, Phantasms and Absolution as a ranger for early leveling and it was painful. Attack bow skill is much smoother imo.

PS: I took some POBs (not my idea) around the forums and it was the best outcome for me.

What do you think?

Thank you a lot Feurn!

Yes, the HoA starts as pathfinder not fast (but much faster as srs), the first miniondamage becomes available with ravenous horde on the tree.
Overall HoA works without miniondamage and scales great with withers and curses or also ghastly jewels with minion chance to poison on hit or miniondamage on a wand.
Bow-skills would race much faster as HoA in early levelling when you want to optimize. Ballistas are great e.g. HoA is as pathfinder not a fast starter until around act 5.

Overall I will add as tipp the link to a typical faster pathfinder levelling guide and offer here in this build the guide for early HoA continuous from end of act 3 (library).

And yes again, elemental resistances are not easy to get in early levels, so purity of elements is a good possibility also against ignites, but grace (or determination) probably are prefered.

A bismuth-flask and high spell suppression are often enough and some resis are pathed while levelling (survivalist, cruel preparation, faith and steel, etc.). And there are many jewels and clusters used where resis are easy added on.

Overall there are many great optimized speed levelling guides out there and I will show the slower continuous HoA-levelling with much tankyness.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 3, 2023, 2:20:33 AM
Looking forward to the POBs for pathfinder! This league is gonna be a blast.
"
Feurn wrote:
Can't wait to try this build. Thanks for the hard work!

Arachnophilia! It will be an awesome outstanding league!

Thank you a lot too Feurn!
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 3, 2023, 9:48:50 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
Hi JRR

We meet again, at the turn of the tide.

"
Yes, it's like Feurn writes, the medium clusters pure agony scale HoA-virulences for most damage.
PoB always count only the inserted activated clusters, so it's equal which number is set in the pob-configurations.

B.i.s. geared you can raise virulences further with 3 voices clusters to 3x3 pure agony, that's 40 by default + (9x5=)45 = total 85 virulences.

Got it, ty!
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 3, 2023, 2:07:21 AM
Oooh, we're pathfinding now? Nice.
"
Leveling tree and skills for pathfinder please!

The HoA-Levelling trees are ready and tested and pob is converted into [3.21].

The Amulet anoint is still free to choose (probably flask- or suppression mastery will be taken).

HoA is relaxing crawling and very tanky for levelling - but when you want to fast speedlevel as pathfinder probably caustic arrow or rain of arrows etc. are a bit faster.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 3, 2023, 11:31:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info